PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Creative Advisory Council

Gregmh48
10-05-2001, 05:25 PM
Is anyone here a member of the Disneyland Creative Advisory Council? Does anyone know if they will be rehiring members this year and how to apply to join? Thank you.

adriennek
10-05-2001, 09:46 PM
I'm on it this year. My understanding is that they will not be having another council next year. I do not know if this is official or if it's just a rumor, but it's been what I've heard and with the cutbacks in jobs at TDA this year, I would not be surprised if it was true.

Adrienne K

Run4Beanies
10-05-2001, 09:55 PM
What is the Disneyland Creative Advisory Council and what do they do? Also, how did you get on it?

DisneylandKid
10-06-2001, 09:47 AM
Sounds interesting. As Run4Beanies said, what is it?

adriennek
10-06-2001, 02:26 PM
The Disneyland Creative Advisory Council is a group of people selected by the Disneyland Merchandise Team to meet four times a year at TDA. We have met three times this year and have one more meeting scheduled. We signed NDAs, and at our meetings, the Disneyland Merch CMs come and show us ideas for merchandise and special events and ask our opinions. It's like being on a fixed focus group. There is no financial compensation for being on the council although we have received a gift at each meeting. I wrote a letter explaining why I wanted to be on it and was invited to join.