PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Replica

snappy
01-31-2004, 08:14 PM
Has anyone attempted to make a Replica of Disneyland. Scale model with rides, trees, ODV's, bathrooms, trains, etc? Just curious because I wanted to attempt something but I think it's going to take a very long time,money and space. Anyone do it??? Thanks. Would love to see any attempts.

DisneyFan25863
01-31-2004, 08:48 PM
Someone was trying to make one on the Disneyland Source awhile ago...don't know what happened....

3IdAlienKid
01-31-2004, 09:01 PM
I thought I read somewhere someone is making a scale replica of Main Street. It's being done in stages where 2 or 3 buildings at a time are being made and released in limited edition.

Not Afraid
01-31-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by 3IdAlienKid
I thought I read somewhere someone is making a scale replica of Main Street. It's being done in stages where 2 or 3 buildings at a time are being made and released in limited edition.

That would be Robert Olszewski. I don't think he will ever get to an entire park, but the Castle and Hub are very nice.

Someone has a complete scale model of WDW's Main Street in their back yard. It's not Donny Osmond, not one of the Monkees, but musical star from my childhood (1960s- - 70s.)

Cadaverous Pallor
01-31-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Someone has a complete scale model of WDW's Main Street in their back yard. It's not Donny Osmond, not one of the Monkees, but musical star from my childhood (1960s- - 70s.) Wait, are you talking about Michael Jackson?

oregonzooron
02-01-2004, 07:27 AM
Someone has a complete scale model of WDW's Main Street in their back yard. It's not Donny Osmond, not one of the Monkees, but musical star from my childhood (1960s- - 70s.)

I believe that would be Bobby Sherman.

see you at the zoo

ron

Not Afraid
02-01-2004, 08:52 AM
Thank you, Ron. It's been driving me crazy! Bobby Sherman isn't on my radar much these days.

Lost Boy
02-01-2004, 06:59 PM
Bobby Sherman was at his peak when he built a scaled downed, but still huge, version of Disneylands Main Street in his back yard. He was also the youngest brother in the TV show "Here Come The Brides" which also starred Mark Leonard (Sarek, Spocks father in Star Trek) as Erron Stemple, the bad guy of the show. Bobby now is a Police Officer in of so So. Calif cities. I am not sure which one. I remember seeing the pictures of his replica of Disneyland (Not WDW, he was a big Disneyland fan ) in one of the Early issues of those Teen Magazine that did an article on him. I don't know if he still has it, or even lives in the same house. I doubt it.

CoasterMatt
02-01-2004, 07:05 PM
Here's (http://www.bobbysherman.com/disney.htm) some pics of Bobby's Disneyland model.

innerSpaceman
02-01-2004, 07:36 PM
Wow, Bobby's model of Main Street sure looks impressive in those pics.

I've always wanted to do a much smaller scale model of the whole park, so that it might take up less room than a football field. The kicker would be that I never wanted it to be a static model, but rather one that would have every moving exterior ride vehicle and conveyance in motion - monorails, peoplemovers, skyway, teacups, Mark Twain and all the other rivercraft, the Disneyland Railroad of course, Small World boats, teacups, Alice caterpillars, Matterhorn bobsleds, Jungle Cruise boats, Main Street vehicles, Thunder Mountain trains, Splash Mountain logs, the works.

It would take quite a feat of engineering, as well as intense model making skills - not to mention perhaps many tens of thousands of dollars.

Since I have absolutely none of those requires skills or funds, it remains firmly in the realm of my imagination - but my hat is sure off to Bobby Sherman.

Morrigoon
02-01-2004, 11:40 PM
I've always wanted to do something like that. I'd probably go the Bobby Sherman route and do main street, but if I WAS to do the whole park, I'd have to do one that included the peoplemover, rocket jets, and skyway. Skyway was SUCH eye candy!