PDA

View Full Version : $5 budget at Disneyland

cstephens
10-06-2017, 04:51 PM
I saw this article in the news section (http://www.businessinsider.com/woma-spent-5-dollars-at-disneyland-2017-10).

So, if you lie ("It's my birthday!" Now, we celebrate what we call Disney birthdays. It might not be your actual birthday but it's the closest date to our birthday that we're at Disneyland.) and steal (Yes, if you didn't pay for any food and then proceed to take food from the lettuce, tomato, pickles, etc. bar, YOU ARE STEALING.), then you can afford not to spend any money beyond admission and possibly parking at Disneyland. Great thing to teach people.

Dave1313
10-06-2017, 06:04 PM
Agreed, absolutely ridiculous.

Theft/fraud on all counts but the free water, I think.

If someone can't scrounge up money to eat legitimately when visiting, they should just maybe, oh, I don't know - wait until they have some money saved up?

LdyApxr
10-06-2017, 07:04 PM
That is pretty sad that an adult would do that and then share how to do it. What a loser she is.

tea4two
10-06-2017, 07:51 PM
I saw a comment once on a blog about a certain dietary lifestyle that promoted loading up on the lettuce and tomatoes and condiments at Smoke Jumpers for a free meal while the rest of the family ordered burgers. When asked why she didn't just order a salad somewhere and bring it over to join her family, she retorted that Disney should provide more accomodation to her dietary lifestyle, so she was entitled to take her meal from the condiment bar. Uh huh. Sadly, other posters thought this was a great idea. Agree that this is teaching people to steal no matter what the dietary excuse is.

jswtsang
10-07-2017, 02:37 PM
I'm sure this was written to be newsworthy, but why didn't she just bring food into the park with her? I bring snacks all the time and have never been stopped by security, in fact I went to D23 and brought an entire sandwich because convention center type foods make me feel ill, and no one said anything and l didn't even have to explain myself (I was prepared to have it taken and brought money to buy a pretzel if I had to).

Also there are free samples like bread at the bread tour, I don't know why she didn't go for one of those, unless it was only at Disneyland proper.

candles71
10-07-2017, 02:52 PM
I am having an issue with the Earl of Sandwich one. I've only gotten an email for a free brownie, not a sandwich, and I am pretty sure I have to buy something to get that. This article seems like a total lie.

CADisneyFam
10-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Before I read the article I thought it was going to be like a video I saw on healthy snacks under $5. Oh boy was that way different. Reminds me of that old show called extreme cheapskates, these aren’t people being frugal they are just being cheap. I mean if you really don’t want to buy food that is fine you can pack a lunch in your bag & bring it.

Berry Princess
10-08-2017, 08:26 PM
This is disgusting. I take it she thinks its funny and "cute" that she can get away with that behavior too. SMH The fact that this other site does a write up on it just pushes this out there more of others to try to do. I would NEVER in a million years ask a place to give me anything free because its my "birthday". I will say my daughter was given a free pretzel in DCA a few years back for her birthday. She had her button on though. The CM say it and asked if she would like one. We were buying one for my son already. Yet I would never have asked for that to happen. I appreciated that it did but the nerve of people like her. IMO a big part of what is wrong in the world today...the I want whatever I can take for free lot. SMH

SteveMartin
10-09-2017, 07:02 AM
Last month at WDW MK, my wife and I were standing outside the restaurant adjacent to Country Bear (on the covered planking area) because she had to call home. A CM approached us with 3 caramel apples in hand and asked which one we would like! Kind of a cool gesture, and we have no idea why the CM did it; looked like she wandered off afterwards to distribute the other two.

On topic: Yeah, the whole tone of that article and event were "look what you can get for free if you lie a bit". Not a good example.

I've found that the kids meals are less money and usually adequate for a light meal in the parks (for me anyway).

CariBelle
10-10-2017, 07:44 AM
Before I read the article I thought it was going to be like a video I saw on healthy snacks under $5. .

Me too! I was coming in here happy to share my favorite snack or small souvenir lol