PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust and Happy Thoughts!

Twinsmom
01-29-2004, 06:50 PM
Just thought I would start a warm fuzzy about good times, great service, or special moments. Seems we could all use a little pixie dust...you can't ever have enough, right?

Great Service - Thank you to housekeeping at GCH for Christmas 2002 and all the special things done for my family. My children still talk about the snowman made from washcloths that we found on Christmas Day after returning from the park.

Special Moment - One of those Cinderella Step Sisters in the Christmas Parade hugging my extremely shy son and making him blush beyond red.....

All That Glitters...
01-29-2004, 11:01 PM
Okay, I'll get in on the warm, fuzzy thing. Early this past Halloween season, Maynard was working the entrance door to Haunted Mansion. I was thrilled to see him and after our "slay ride" my son and I re-entered the mansion grounds to see if he was still there. He was, and I asked if I could get a picture of him with my son (who had no idea who Maynard is, but he played along anyway). Maynard left his post immediately (another CM was there to back him up) and came to the steps and posed for several pictures that turned out to be some of the funnest ones I have of DL.

Many years ago I took a picture of my daughter with Maynard. I had no idea who he was, but he was having so much fun and making such a scene for my daughter that I just had to have a picture. This was when he was working at seating people in the arena at the Festival of Fools show of yesteryear.

Maynard always comes through, doing his best to make the Disneyland experience an unforgettably special one!

iwannabeanimagineer
01-30-2004, 03:17 PM
My favorite recent magic moments at DL:

-The great CM's at the GCH. They treated my family like royalty.
-The CM in the little "booth" with the microphone at the boarding area of IASW a summer or two ago: "Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to Walt Disney's Wonderful World of...Air Conditioning."
-Soarin' Over California. It's great every time.