PDA

View Full Version : Super bowl Sunday

MotorBoat Cruiser
01-29-2004, 06:31 PM
Does anyone know what the park is typically like on Superbowl Sunday. I would imagine it keeps some folks away, not wanting to miss the game. I'm hoping so at least. ;)

EandCDad
01-29-2004, 06:44 PM
There is some discussion about the crowds on that day in this thread. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24623) However, the opinion seems to be mixed.

PurpleDove33
01-31-2004, 01:39 AM
A few yrs back I went on Super Bowl Sunday and the park was pretty crowded. I even saw some guys with the little watchman tvs who got dragged to the park and didn't want to miss the game. So I guess it depends on who all is playing and what the weather is like. If you go, plan to have fun one way or another.

MotorBoat Cruiser
02-02-2004, 09:09 AM
I just thought I would return with a little post-super bowl day report for anyone interested.

We got there a 1/2 hour after the park opened. The turnstiles were busy but we figured that it was just because it was early. At first, it didn't seem too bad inside but within a couple of hours, it was absolutely packed. There was a line for POC that extended to the treehouse. Also, the jungle cruise, which nrmally has a 5 or 10 minute wait, was actually using the qeue upstairs! I had never been up there before so it was kind of nice to see it. Some great views, and it still didn't turn out to be a very long wait. They seemed to have quite a few boats going around.

We thought it was going to get worse when the Super Bowl was ending but the opposite happened. Right around 6, the park just started getting quieter and quieter. Granted, it was pretty cold there in the evening and that may have contributed, but it was really nice to finally have some breathing room again. We even got a decent view of fantasmic, even though we didn't go to that area until around 8:45.

All in all, it was a pretty nice day.

RickW
02-02-2004, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the trip report MotorBoat Cruiser! I was curious about the crowds due to all the speculation on this board.

Photographer
02-02-2004, 12:52 PM
The Patriots won. LOL Just had to throw that in.