PDA

View Full Version : HalloweenTime treats and trinkets

Pages : [1] 2

olegc
09-15-2017, 02:13 PM
I thought I would start a thread to talk about the HallwoeenTime treats and trinkets being offered - what is your experience? something you liked? something not so good? updates on special items or entertainment?

My first entry is I have seen the new Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket and it looks great. However, the word is it sold out in one day AND there were people trying to turn them around and sell in the park for more $$. I have not see the outcome of any efforts by CMs to investigate but I'm not surprised. Just with they'd thought about the stock needed. So now it seems after the weekend it may be 2 weeks before more come in.

I do want to try some of the these - the S'mores funnel cake (Stagedoor) , the Shrimp and Grits (Cafe Orleans), Lamb Kofta (Begal BBQ), the BatWing Sundae (Clarabelle's), Mummy Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich (schmoozies), and the Pot Pie and mini Candy Cone pie from Flo's.
As a reminder - here was a list. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/09/your-guide-to-treats-and-eats-galore-during-halloween-time-at-the-disneyland-resort-september-15-through-october-31/

Berry Princess
09-15-2017, 02:30 PM
Wow if that is true that people were trying to resell them in the parks that is disgusting. Not totally surprising but disgusting. I would love to have one to add to my buckets but ONLY if I can get it from the popcorn cart. Disney will never learn either to carry enough stock of anything that is suppose to be around for a certain time frame. Which comes back to those trying to resell, if Disney carried more than enough stock this behavior wouldn't be happening in the parks. If they want to do it on ebay go for it but not on Disney's property. Those are the kind of people I hope get caught and the boot out the door.

Now as for Halloween treats, trying to plan some time to go really soon. There is a few things I want to try from the list as well. Mummy Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich looks yummy. I didn't get to have it before but I would like to try the Caramel Apple smoothie. The rest I want to give a try-Mini Candy Cone Pie, Spoke-y Cone Macaron, Monstermallow Donut, Campfire S’Mores Funnel Cake (if I can find one to share that with lol) and Mickey-Shaped Mummy Macaron. Yes all sweets and no I would never dare try it all in one day. Hopefully I will have a kid or 2 that wants to try some of those things with me as well.

Not sure about merchandise yet. I did see the Minnie Headband ears and like them. I still have a $50 giftcard from Christmas I haven't used yet. I can never decide on something(s). LOL So maybe I will spring for those if they look good in person.

3Princesses1Prince
09-15-2017, 02:55 PM
I'm really not a sweets person so I need to relook at the list before next Friday and see if there's anything I want to try. I'm torn since I also want to grab my must haves on my one and only day.

cstephens
09-15-2017, 05:03 PM
I would love to have one to add to my buckets but ONLY if I can get it from the popcorn cart. Disney will never learn either to carry enough stock of anything that is suppose to be around for a certain time frame. Which comes back to those trying to resell, if Disney carried more than enough stock this behavior wouldn't be happening in the parks. If they want to do it on ebay go for it but not on Disney's property. Those are the kind of people I hope get caught and the boot out the door.

So is it actually illegal to re-sell them in the parks, or at least something that gives Disney justification to remove them from the parks? I didn't think so but maybe I haven't been paying attention. I know people have been re-selling LE pins for years but I don't know if that happens in the parks, or if that would matter.

It's really a matter that people do it because others will buy it. If there wasn't a market for it, the re-sellers wouldn't have a financial reason to do it.

Berry Princess
09-15-2017, 06:48 PM
So is it actually illegal to re-sell them in the parks, or at least something that gives Disney justification to remove them from the parks? I didn't think so but maybe I haven't been paying attention. I know people have been re-selling LE pins for years but I don't know if that happens in the parks, or if that would matter.

It's really a matter that people do it because others will buy it. If there wasn't a market for it, the re-sellers wouldn't have a financial reason to do it.

Its Disney's property so I don't think they would take to kindly to having that happen. Like I said I think if its outside the park and off Disney's property its a different story but to do it in the parks is just not ok IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney removed them from the parks and asked them not to return even. Remember what happened to one that was giving paid tours in the parks once he was caught? I am wondering though how many would actually buy it in the parks off another guest like that though and for how much? Are they going to the guests and asking them if they want it or listening in to see if one tried to buy it but found out it was sold out..which then jump in with a sales pitch to them. LOL Which its kind of funny either way on those scenarios. I do agree that as long as people are willing to pay for the stuff like that, it will always give those people a reason to do it.

tea4two
09-15-2017, 07:34 PM
The Mickey Jack O'Lantern popcorn bucket looks very cute and there were plenty in DL early this afternoon. The Town Square cart ran out, but the cart at the Hub had lots of buckets to last until the TS cart got replenished.

olegc
09-15-2017, 09:45 PM
Jarod Maruyama mentioned that the Paradise Pier popcorn stand had buckets too. Might be a place to look if others are out.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Berry Princess
09-15-2017, 10:01 PM
I am one of those that always looks to see what each cart has for ones that I like. At some point I have plans for my kitchen and an area above the cabinets to display the ones I do have.

cstephens
09-16-2017, 06:47 AM
Its Disney's property so I don't think they would take to kindly to having that happen. Like I said I think if its outside the park and off Disney's property its a different story but to do it in the parks is just not ok IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney removed them from the parks and asked them not to return even. Remember what happened to one that was giving paid tours in the parks once he was caught?

But in the case of the paid tours, that would be in direct competition with a service that Disney offers, so I think that's different.

I'm honestly not sure that Disney cares about people re-selling merchandise. People have been doing it with pins for many, many years, and Disney never took many steps to curtail that. Disney still gets their money for the original sale of the pin (or popcorn bucket, or whatever), and as you said, they could make the choice to have more of the product available for sale, but they choose not to.

If Disney is going to remove someone from the property, depending on whether they are also refunding that person's admission price, they better have some kind of legitimate reason to do so.

cstephens
09-16-2017, 10:06 PM
Had the bacon cheddar ale soup (https://twitter.com/cstephens2/status/909139166574923776) from Pacific Wharf Cafe. We've loved this soup since the first time they had it at a food festival, and it was exciting to be able to get more than just a couple spoonfuls from a tiny little roll bowl. It was a really nice mix with the sourdough as well. Yum.

CADisneyFam
09-17-2017, 07:28 PM
I'm going 9/19-20 and as much as I love the cuteness of the popcorn buckets they are a PITA for me to store once I'm home. I was hoping to get an AP bucket but definitely not gonna stand in a long line for it. As strange as this sounds to me I kinda want the pumpkin water bottle topper.

As for food I have my list but I'm sure most of it is not gluten free for my allergy, I know some things the awesome staff can adapt it just won't look the same. I am dying to know (fingers crossed) that the French macaroons the cozy cone one & the mummy one are gluten free. I guess I will find out soon.

tea4two
09-18-2017, 12:42 AM
There wasn't a long line when we got our AP popcorn bucket the other day. Maybe 2 people ahead of us? The bucket wasn't on display, so I didn't think the cart had any in stock. But the CM said she had plenty behind the register. So ask if you don't see one on display.

missm
09-18-2017, 05:35 PM
Had the bacon cheddar ale soup (https://twitter.com/cstephens2/status/909139166574923776) from Pacific Wharf Cafe. We've loved this soup since the first time they had it at a food festival, and it was exciting to be able to get more than just a couple spoonfuls from a tiny little roll bowl. It was a really nice mix with the sourdough as well. Yum.

I just read the words "bacon cheddar ale soup " to my husband. He is finally looking forward to our trip. Beer, cheese, and bacon in a fresh baked sourdough bowl sounds amazing.

What I'm excited for is just a plain old churro. So far I'm not sold on anything special yet but I'm sure once I can actually see all the special offerings that will change.

Shortpix77
09-18-2017, 09:29 PM

Is it the same one they had during Food and Wine? I didn't think that one had "bacon" in the title, but maybe I'm remembering incorrectly. I want to try it either way, just curious if it's the same soup or a slight variation :-)

Shortpix77
09-18-2017, 09:31 PM
I just saw a pic on another blog that there's a pumpkin churro?! If this is the case, I'm on board.

Berry Princess
09-18-2017, 10:08 PM
Is it the same one they had during Food and Wine? I didn't think that one had "bacon" in the title, but maybe I'm remembering incorrectly. I want to try it either way, just curious if it's the same soup or a slight variation :-)

It said it did but I seriously do not remember bacon in it at all.

I just saw a pic on another blog that there's a pumpkin churro?! If this is the case, I'm on board.

Oh yum. Count us in on that if there is. I didn't see anything about it but is the pumpkin twist back at Maurice's Treats? Those were yummy.

cstephens
09-19-2017, 01:03 AM

I don't think it's exactly the same, but it's pretty close. The food and wine version has always been called white cheddar soup. This version didn't seem quite as white in color. The last version of the soup was called white cheddar lager soup. I don't believe the food and wine versions of the soup have included the word "bacon" in the title. The husband pointed out that since the food and wine versions were in tiny little roll bowls, there was really just a little bit of chopped up bacon added on top since that was all there was room for. In this case, there was bacon throughout the soup.

Did I mention it was REALLY YUMMY? :)

tea4two
09-20-2017, 07:03 AM
Does anyone have specific locations for the special merchandise? Namely the Mickey bottle toppers, poison apple glow cubes (red), and poison apple mugs? We'll try to post any locations we find this weekend. I noticed the Parks Blog listed which parks or lands, but not the locations (or even photos of all the items).

Berry Princess
09-20-2017, 07:22 AM
The blog had a pic of the poison apple glow cup and a few other things here (https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/09/your-quintessential-list-of-halloween-culinary-collectibles-at-walt-disney-world-resort-and-disneyland-resort/). I actually like the Mickey pumpkin popcorn bucket too. Would be good to put out with some candy or snacks in it at this time of year. So might have to snag that one too if I can. Not sure why they don't give more info on where exactly. Hopefully it won't be to hard to figure out though for the things wanted.

indiejones33
09-20-2017, 08:45 AM
We saw the poison Apple mugs and Mickey bottle toppers at the stand leading into Critter Country on Monday. Did not see the ice cubes anywhere but wasn’t really looking. We did manage to score an Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket at the popcorn stand across from Carthay in DCA!

Shortpix77
09-20-2017, 09:32 AM
We tried to get the green poison apple cube from Carthay on Sunday, but the line for the lounge was a bit crazy :-( Will try again on Monday!

So the Disney Food Blog just included a tiny snippet about there being a second edition of the Haunted Mansion Tiki Mug at Trader Sam's coming soon?! Does anyone have info on that?? I WANT ONE but refuse to go the eBay route.

olegc
09-20-2017, 11:16 AM
So the Disney Food Blog just included a tiny snippet about there being a second edition of the Haunted Mansion Tiki Mug at Trader Sam's coming soon?! Does anyone have info on that?? I WANT ONE but refuse to go the eBay route.

I only saw it referenced on the DFB. Last year it was released Sep 9th so its already later than last year. I would think there would be an announcement very close to the date of release - but since it was so popular maybe not even that.

Berry Princess
09-20-2017, 11:24 AM
I only saw it referenced on the DFB. Last year it was released Sep 9th so its already later than last year. I would think there would be an announcement very close to the date of release - but since it was so popular maybe not even that.

All I read was what I would considered rumors since there is no official word but it was the same mug as last year with a different color and that the shipment for here had been delayed.

danyoung
09-20-2017, 11:48 AM
Had the bacon cheddar ale soup (https://twitter.com/cstephens2/status/909139166574923776) from Pacific Wharf Cafe.

Do you know if it's the same soup as what they serve at Le Cellier in Epcot? If so, that's some tasty soup!!!

POTCpurist
09-22-2017, 08:18 AM
The Mickey Jack O'Lantern popcorn bucket looks very cute and there were plenty in DL early this afternoon. The Town Square cart ran out, but the cart at the Hub had lots of buckets to last until the TS cart got replenished.

Since I don't particularly care for Oogie Boogie (!) enough to go with this year's popcorn bucket offering, this is the one that has my interest. I hope to get one this Sunday when I'm there. I love the Mickey, Minnie, etc. color-themed Halloween pins too. Always need to get the yearly Halloween pin, so looking forward to seeing what's available.