PDA

View Full Version : Adios Steps in Time and Animazement

Pages : [1] 2

no1here
10-05-2001, 01:27 PM
A resource from the entertainment department notified me today, 10-5, that both these shows will go dark in about two weeks. All of course due to budget cutbacks. Get out and see them now before these high quality, ready for Broadway, look out Tonys, go away for ever.:rolleyes:

zapppop
10-05-2001, 02:57 PM
WOO HOO !
I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND !

SueKruse
10-05-2001, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by no1here
A resource from the entertainment department notified me today, 10-5, that both these shows will go dark in about two weeks. All of course due to budget cutbacks. Get out and see them now before these high quality, ready for Broadway, look out Tonys, go away for ever.:rolleyes:

It was posted in the Animazement Green Room today that the official closing is October 28.

If you're a fan of the show, you better get yourself down to Disneyland and see it while you can.

DisneyFreak2000
10-05-2001, 08:20 PM
Oh no, I really enjoyed Annimazement. (Truthfully) That's a let down. How soon until the next show moves in over at the Fantasyland theatre? I hope it's a good show.

Attractions 87
10-05-2001, 08:40 PM
A resource from the entertainment department notified me today, 10-5, that both these shows will go dark in about two weeks.

You forgot to mention that Fantasmic! also got the axe. Kiss that show good bye until summer.

Gee, that means no night entertainment for Disneyland until mid 2002. Guess Disneyland suffers for DCAs problems.

How soon until the next show moves in over at the Fantasyland theatre?

Summer 2002.

Get out and see them now before these high quality, ready for Broadway, look out Tonys, go away for ever

You can't possibly be talking about Steps in Time !

Attractions 87

akacl
10-05-2001, 09:12 PM
well while I was on the parade route today, one of the techs told me that they might pull Eureka parade untill summer, and that the Eletrical Parade will be only on weekends. Along with the hyperion and Animazment getting the ax, which means half of the entertainment dept getting let go. I only heard this today, and dont know if its written in stone yet. Also I heard the Hype show is going to be replaced by a show that failed on Broadway, actually contractin a show out of DCA. After I heard that, I dont know if I want to work hyperion anymore. I am glad they are making Bug Town, and hope TOT will come in soon. Also they planned for a roller coaster next to TOT, but who knows if they will actually do it. I hope they get more people into DCA so I can get more hours. Also, Mondovi whinery is not leaving, Disney took over and got a new license so now you can drink the alcohol anywhere in the park (except rides of course). So its not leaving. Last I heard that all corporate sponsors of restaurants want to leave, except for Mcdonalds (burger invasion). Who knows. Maybe by this time next year, half the park will be different.

no1here
10-06-2001, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Attractions 87

You forgot to mention that Fantasmic! also got the axe. Kiss that show good bye until summer.

You can't possibly be talking about Steps in Time !

I didn't forget to mention Fantasmic, as you said, it is coming back in the Summer.

As for Steps, I was being sarcastic.

I remember hearing long before DCA opened that it was going to house Broadway caliber shows. I am interested to see what "failed" show from the Great White Way they will be putting there.

CaliforniaCrazy
10-06-2001, 07:11 AM
Personally, I liked Animazement, but hated Steps in Time. I'll be glad to see that one go. Animazement was not as bad, but they still need to put something way better in the Fantasyland Theatre, perhaps a Nightmare Before Christmas show? ;)

zapppop
10-06-2001, 07:28 AM
I don't like any of those alleged shows :D

Animazement, to me, is unoriginal and boring.

Steps In Time has no storyline.

As for Fantasmic, I used to think it was okay but it's just too annoying to try and find a good spot to see it unless you wanna wait 3 hours.
Then I met a guy named Bob Baranick and he explained to me the original concept for Fantasmic and how it was rejected and watered down into the show we see today.

The only shows mentioned above that I enjoy are Eureka and MSEP. The rest were just not very good and I think they should be pulled.

Maybe I'm just too picky.

http://members.aol.com/zapppop/madonna.gif

DisneylandBoy
10-06-2001, 07:30 AM
Wait, Fantasmic won't be showing again until Summer?!?!?!?!?!? Wow . . .

I am glad to see Steps in Time go. Hopefully, they will replace it with something amazing . . . but I won't hold my breath.

As for Animazement. It was a good show. Nothing AMAZING. But, it ran forever so, it'll be good to see something else in place of it.

CaliforniaCrazy
10-06-2001, 07:52 AM
You are right about Fantasmic, I don't like waiting that long for it either when I can just listen to the entire soundtrack on CD. ;)

CaliforniaCrazy
10-06-2001, 07:53 AM
Zapppop, you're not picky, you just have good taste. :D

EandCDad
10-06-2001, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by DisneylandBoy

I am glad to see Steps in Time go. Hopefully, they will replace it with something amazing . . . but I won't hold my breath.

As for Animazement. It was a good show. Nothing AMAZING. But, it ran forever so, it'll be good to see something else in place of it.

As far as Animazement being replaced, don't hold your breath. These don't seem to be "we have a hot new show waiting in the wings" decisions, more like "we need to save money due to lower attendence and poor prospects with the economy going into the crapper."

JRob2k1
10-06-2001, 04:35 PM
that both these shows will go dark in about two weeks

Whew....For a minute there I thought something of value was actually gonna be lost.

-JRob

DisneylandKid
10-06-2001, 04:49 PM
Animazement had some OK parts (the confetti, the lights, the bubbles), but I wasn't a huge fan of it. I would like to see a high budget show (I know....unlikely) with fully automated sets. Possibly a Beauty & The Beast, Lion King, or Little Mermaid show. Pick one.

DisneyFreak2000
10-06-2001, 05:42 PM
Disney need to look to the past for their future. Only a few years ago, Disney was always on top with rides, movies and entertainment but now they're lacking. They should put in Beauty and the Beast (the DL version) in at the Hyperion and possibly add "If I Can't Love Her," "Home,' and/or "Human Again" to the soundtrack to make it more like the Broadway show. And in the next Fantasyland show, I read at MP that Ann was planning on doing something similar to Annimazement (or something). This time they should add segments from the earilier movies as well as the recent ones.

I just got an idea for a show! It could be called "Happily Ever After" and could feature Snow White, Aurora and Cinderella. As the show starts, the curtain rises onto a Snow White themed stage. It tells a quick rendition of Snow White, featuring "I'm Wishing" "Some Day..." and "Heigh Ho" as it shows Snow White and her prince living happily ever after. Then, the set rotates to a Cinderlla castle as they show Cinderlla featuring "A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes" "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo" etc. before switching to Sleeping Beauty's set. This segment features "Once Upon A Dream," and... (i forgot some other songs from the movie) as well as a dragon fighting scene between Maleficent and the prince. Then in the end, the three royal couples take stage and they could sing a newly written song called "Happily Ever After" before they each climb onto three clouds and "float'' off stage. The most popular Disney movies now of days are the ones that had memorable songs, and characters. Fantasyland seems to be focused on mainly princesses so why not use that to create a decent show and get guests to spend more moola on princess stuff? My $00.02

DisneylandKid
10-06-2001, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFreak2000
Disney need to look to the past for their future. Only a few years ago, Disney was always on top with rides, movies and entertainment but now they're lacking. They should put in Beauty and the Beast (the DL version) in at the Hyperion and possibly add "If I Can't Love Her," "Home,' and/or "Human Again" to the soundtrack to make it more like the Broadway show. And in the next Fantasyland show, I read at MP that Ann was planning on doing something similar to Annimazement (or something). This time they should add segments from the earilier movies as well as the recent ones.

I just got an idea for a show! It could be called "Happily Ever After" and could feature Snow White, Aurora and Cinderella. As the show starts, the curtain rises onto a Snow White themed stage. It tells a quick rendition of Snow White, featuring "I'm Wishing" "Some Day..." and "Heigh Ho" as it shows Snow White and her prince living happily ever after. Then, the set rotates to a Cinderlla castle as they show Cinderlla featuring "A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes" "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo" etc. before switching to Sleeping Beauty's set. This segment features "Once Upon A Dream," and... (i forgot some other songs from the movie) as well as a dragon fighting scene between Maleficent and the prince. Then in the end, the three royal couples take stage and they could sing a newly written song called "Happily Ever After" before they each climb onto three clouds and "float'' off stage. The most popular Disney movies now of days are the ones that had memorable songs, and characters. Fantasyland seems to be focused on mainly princesses so why not use that to create a decent show and get guests to spend more moola on princess stuff? My $00.02
Those are actually some good ideas. The only thing is, I would theme the Beauty & The Beast show at the Hyperion more like the movie, not the broadway show. More DCA visitors were more likely to have seen the movie than the Broadway show, so they would probably be more likely to enjoy the show. (just my opinion). I'd like to see the show with great sets, some special effects (but not overdone), and of course great acting.

As for your Fantasyland Theatre idea, I think it is great. I would also like to see some Robin Hood section, though I don't know if that fits in with Cinderella/Snow White. Possibly a new Critter Country dark ride? :)

no1here
10-06-2001, 08:23 PM
Some more specific dates:
Steps In Time closes Oct 14, Animazement as already stated Oct 28, and there will be a character show going up in Carnation Gardens at the beginning of November. Also, park hours will be cut back very soon.

DisneylandKid
10-06-2001, 08:30 PM
Steps In Time closes Oct 14, Animazement as already stated Oct 28, and there will be a character show going up in Carnation Gardens at the beginning of November. Also, park hours will be cut back very soon.
The park hours are so very depressing. :(

tinkfreak
10-06-2001, 08:38 PM
The official word at the resort today was that Fantasmic! and Eureka! are both shelved until summer 2002...hopefully Eureka wiil come back as fast as Light Magic did...:)

WizKidRyan
10-07-2001, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by tinkfreak
The official word at the resort today was that Fantasmic! and Eureka! are both shelved until summer 2002...hopefully Eureka wiil come back as fast as Light Magic did...:)

But I like Eureka!
Better get my butt over to the resort and see all of these shows again before they close down...

DisneylandBoy
10-07-2001, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by WizKidRyan

But I like Eureka!
Better get my butt over to the resort and see all of these shows again before they close down...

I agree. Eureka is a very creative parade, and it is interesting and fun to watch. With the people swinging off the rocks and playing drums, to the guys dressed as different landmarks. It is unique and very Disney. I'll be sad to see it go.:crying:

CaliforniaCrazy
10-07-2001, 12:46 PM
I felt the same way at first about it leaving, and then I thought about it awhile. All the rides and attractions, no matter still here or gone to yesterdayland, are never really gone as long as people like you and I remember them fondly. Plus, it pays to have the whole attraction or parade on CD, so you can always listen to them and picture being on the ride again! :cool:

DisneyFreak2000
10-07-2001, 02:11 PM
I am very sad to see Eureka get shelved until summer of 2002. I think it is as good, maybe even better, than The Lion King. Same innovative floats and WONDERFUL music. The only problem is they need to advertize it a bit more, I for one was skeptical about seeing it... "great a parade about California" but it was REALLY good. A great spot to watch is along the wall near HPB when the parades come out of the storage area, noone is there and it seems like they're performing just for you. Fantasmic! is another one I'll miss. I'm going in Dec. and Jan. and really would love to see it (and show my friends who haven't been to the park in forever how great it is.) At least it IS coming back to the contary of some rumors.

Mouse
10-08-2001, 12:50 PM

Just to add to what no1here has already posted. The character shows will feature characters from the up coming movie Monsters Inc. (can't wait till that movie comes out! :) ) as well as a separate Christmas themed show.