PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion problem?

karldotcom
01-28-2004, 05:09 PM
As of 6:00pm Wednesday, there is a report of stuck guests in the "elevator" of the Haunted Mansion. This information was posted to a scanner monitoring group in by someone listening in to the Disneyland Trunked Radio System.

Moonliner
01-28-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by karldotcom
This information was posted to a scanner monitoring group in by someone listening in to the Disneyland Trunked Radio System.

Good lord, and I had some faint hope that I could count myself as a Disney Geek. To whomever is listening in on the "Trunked" radio system (whatever that is...) I believe there is an engraved invitation to the losers club laying around here somewhere with your name on it.

David R
01-28-2004, 06:34 PM
Do you have a link?

Morrigoon
01-28-2004, 06:46 PM
steveo: there used to be radio scanning info on the main page.

Bruce Bergman
01-28-2004, 08:08 PM
Stuck folks in the Stretching Room? Horrors! Alert the Media! Get Kathy Fackler on the phone This INSTANT!! Call Larry H. Parker!!! :eek:

Relax, it's only an elevator. The inside of the car may have all the fancy Stretching Portrait stuff on the walls and a scrim on the ceiling, but beneath the set dressing the guts are pure hydraulic freight elevator.

Been there, Done that, worked on 'em several times. (Not at DL, of course. But when the Elevator guys can't figure out why the light circuit keeps blowing, they let an Electrician take over...) :cool:

Cardinal Rule: All elevators have multiple levels of safety features built in, and for all the imaginable failure points they are designed to always fail safe. Better to be stuck than dead. Of course, the flip side of this is that there are a lot of safety switches, and if one is out of adjustment you are stuck.

Worst case, they get an Elevator Mechanic to come let them out - they can work the controls at the Elevator Machine (controls/electric motor & hydraulic pump/control valve/oil tank) by hand (or open the relief valve manually) to lower the car to the bottom landing, just need to release the hydraulic fluid in the lift cylinder to the tank in a controlled manner, and then push the relay that opens the doors.

If the doors don't open automatically for some reason, they can "pick" the combination door latch/safety switch with a special tool and pull the door open manually from the outside.

The car might be down past the normal stop sitting on the spring buffers (BIG coil springs) at the bottom of the shaft, and they'll have to take a step-stool two steps up and out into the Portrait Hallway - oh well... :rolleyes:

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--

Germboy
01-29-2004, 12:13 AM
EVERYBODY'S got to get into the Tower Of Terror act...

Photographer
01-29-2004, 06:15 AM
Imagine if Maynard was in the elevator. LMAO Good times, good times. :D

Polar33
01-29-2004, 09:29 AM
Ditto on what Bruce said. Elevator entrapments happen quite often...I'd venture a guess to say that there's at least one each day. I've even been trapped in one backstage myself. They are usualy all over with within 15 minuites.