PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm... When to go...

DisneyFan25863
01-28-2004, 04:38 PM
Ok, so it seems that my dad has finally resolved to going to Disneyland sometime this weekend. So my question is, what would be a better day to go, Sat. or Sun.? He dosn't care about the superbowl, but is scared that crowds from ESPN may flood the park when it is over. We are really just looking for the less crowded day. Thanks!

Morrigoon
01-28-2004, 04:39 PM
Going to DL: Sunday
DCA: Saturday

DisneyFan25863
01-28-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
Going to DL: Sunday
DCA: Saturday

We plan on doing a bit of hopping. Should I suggest a mulit-day trip? :fez:

Maybe I should go on Sunday, if just for the meet (which I WILL attend, if we go on Sunday!)

sediment
01-28-2004, 05:13 PM
ESPNZone is not that big. It will not affect the crowd too much. If anyone is near the Zone, take a note of the capacity and get back to us.
Even with a big screen in front of the place, there won't be that many more people at DLR than otherwise. Basically, there are people away from the parks during the game. They might come in afterward.

This is more of a home-party day.
Perhaps afterward, there might be a rush of AP holders, maybe on their way home from a party stopping in.

Super Bowl Sunday is apparently one of DLR's least attended days of the year.
Great for skiing as well (maybe not Tahoe). And, I assume, late golfing times.

Regardless, I recommend staying away from DTD and the Esplanade from about 7-9PM, in case the crowds do appear. If they're there, then they'll be moving en masse toward the main gate.

Not Afraid
01-28-2004, 05:16 PM
Superbowl Sunday was really crowded the last few years (so was the Aqaurium of the Pacific). Lots of Moms and kidlets.

cstephens
01-28-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by sediment
Super Bowl Sunday is apparently one of DLR's least attended days of the year.

This is a myth that seems to be perpetuated. When I was spending the day at the park on Superbowl Sundays, it was fairly crowded, comparatively, for a Sunday in off-season. I think lots of people think it's going to be slow, so they go, and poof - instant crowds.

wood_is_mine
01-29-2004, 03:13 PM
THE SATURDAY BEFORE THE SUPERBOWL! I went with my friends, and I literally had to run to catch up with them while we were"waiting in line". I think we only needed to get around 3 fast passes the entire day (usually we end up getting a ton). The longest line without a fast pass was around 25 minutes, and it was one of the more popular ones (I don't remember which).

MattO
01-29-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
This is a myth that seems to be perpetuated. When I was spending the day at the park on Superbowl Sundays, it was fairly crowded, comparatively, for a Sunday in off-season. I think lots of people think it's going to be slow, so they go, and poof - instant crowds.

Years ago it was true that SuperBowl Sunday was pretty quiet inside Disneyland. Last few years, like you say, it is more crowded than other Sundays.

sediment
01-30-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by cstephens
Kind of gives credence to my Yogi-ized signline, eh?

Actually, one of those web sites linked from MousePad stated that.
Important: do not publicize slow days!! We used to go on Labor Day, by far one of the lightest crowds of the summer season, so much so that it was included as the first day a large SoCal company's employees could use discount tickets on. I don't think this is the case anymore, though my definition of "slow day" is not set in stone. The massiveness of the AP program kind of eliminates slow days these days.