PDA

View Full Version : Does pin trading still happen at the parks?

missm
09-09-2017, 12:57 PM
My nephew is excited to pin trade on our DLR trip in a few weeks. Does it still happen? I haven't heard much about it in the past few years and thought I might ask before bringing all of the pins and lanyards with us. We weren't really planning on asking guest, just CM's.

Nightwing
09-09-2017, 01:29 PM
OH YEA! Its there! ^_^ I trade with CM only.

binki
09-10-2017, 08:29 AM
When the park opens they are right there on Main Street, about 6 of them just at the top of the circle on the right.

sjhanksaz
09-12-2017, 06:42 AM
It still goes on. The cast members don't seem to have many good pins though

missm
09-12-2017, 02:22 PM
When the park opens they are right there on Main Street, about 6 of them just at the top of the circle on the right.

CM's or park-goers? I think we are going to stick with just CM's. We don't want it to eat up too much of our time but he is super excited. Do people just approach you and ask to trade? I have no idea what to expect.

sjhanksaz
09-12-2017, 08:59 PM
CM's or park-goers? I think we are going to stick with just CM's. We don't want it to eat up too much of our time but he is super excited. Do people just approach you and ask to trade? I have no idea what to expect.

CM's primarily. You will need to go up to them and ask them as I don't think they ever bring it up. Keep an eye out for cast members wearing a lanyard with pins or a little padded square on their waist.

We pin trade a lot and in the many years of it we have only been asked by another park goer once or twice. I think each time it was another guest who had a pin book of their own and was really into trading.

missm
10-16-2017, 11:40 AM
I wanted to let you all know that we had a blast trading pins! The kids loved it and now we have an easy thing to put in their stockings!