PDA

View Full Version : USH Halloween?

saturday97
10-05-2001, 12:28 PM
Does anyone know if USH is doing there Halloween Nights this year? On their website, they mention family activities, but nothing like the event I attended in the early 90's. It was so much fun, the best part being the haunted backlot tram ride (which I heard they later discontinued). I thought the event took place last year.

CaliforniaCrazy
10-05-2001, 03:40 PM
It did take place last year, but even though it did very well attendance-wise, they have no plans to continue Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood.

MickeyD
10-05-2001, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by CaliforniaCrazy
It did take place last year, but even though it did very well attendance-wise, they have no plans to continue Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Does anyone know why?

Someone You Dont Know
10-05-2001, 09:48 PM
They'd rather keep management's paycheck high instead of transfer the value to the park itself. If a theme park lower on the food chain can successfully deliver a Halloween event for 29 years, you'd think the studio that practically invented the Horror genre would be able to pull it off... right?

Look for Halloween Horror Nights to return as soon as Universal's current crackpot team of "entertainment decision makers" are fired.

CaliforniaCrazy
10-06-2001, 06:56 AM
Yep, that's pretty much it.... it's really too bad, because last year's Halloween Horror nights was really cool, especially Rob Zombies' House of 1000 Corpses maze, and Clive Barker's Harvest maze. They were as cool as most of Knott's mazes for Halloween. I guess I'll have to stick to Knott's as Halloween events go now.

saturday97
10-07-2001, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the info. I'm really disappointed! But not too surprised-- so many good ideas get scrapped because people in charge have lost touch with the public. I've never been to Knotts for their Halloween event-- is it any good?

CaliforniaCrazy
10-07-2001, 09:39 AM
As far as Halloween celebrations go, their mazes are top-notch, and they seem to get better every year. If you haven't been, you should buy a ticket for this year, and go. It's worth it just to see Elvira..... :D