PDA

View Full Version : Birthday celebrations at Disneyland

metalfox7
01-28-2004, 08:27 AM
Hi there everyone:))) Ariel here! I would like to hear stories of those whom have celebrated their birthday at the Disneyland Resort. I celebrated my 39th birthday at Disneyland last November. I had a TON OF FUN!!!:DDDD I enjoyed meeting Disney characters, saw my favorite shows "Santa's Beach Blast" "Disney's Electrical Parade" Parade Of The Stars" and "Fantasmic" and the fireworks show! I also had my birthday party at The Plaza Inn with Pat E. Cake and at 16 other people, both adults and kids also celebrating their birthday with me:))) I loved how both Mickey and Minnie came to our party and gave us all their well wishes. I took my "Birthday at Disneyland" picture with Mickey and Minnie:))) They both gave me birthday hugs and kisses! They are both very friendly as they are sweet:))) I look forward to my 40th birthday celbration there this year! Take care,Ariel:)))

bubsy
01-28-2004, 09:01 AM
I'm going for my 25th Bday on may 1st. I am looking forward to wearing the fun "It's my Birthday!" Sticker.

metalfox7
01-28-2004, 04:40 PM
Hi there Megan:))) I want to wish you an eraly "Happy Birthday" wish:))) I agree that it's great to have the birthday sticker and wear it during one's birthday at Disneyland:))) I would not celebrate my birthday anywhere else! Do you have a party there? Just curious. Take care,Ariel:)))

bubsy
01-29-2004, 08:08 AM
thanks for the birthday wishes.

I'm not have a party there, it'll just be me and my husband. We may try to eat at Blue Bayou on may 1st, my husband has never eaten there, and it would be fun.

I have never celebrated, mine or any other birthday at Disneyland. I know there is fun birthday-related stuff you can do, I just don't know what it is.

stan4d_steph
01-29-2004, 08:16 AM
I celebrated my birthday at DL one year, but I didn't participate in any of the formal DL birthday activities. I got a sticker and met up with a group of friends. We just spent the day doing things we enjoyed. One year I was a participant in a group that all wore matching party hats and participated in the Parade of the Stars.

If you run into the mime (Lagniappe) in New Orleans Square and you have a birthday sticker on, he may take you up to the Gallery to pose for photos by the fountain. He also had my group serenade the crowd with a wonderful rendition of "A Pirate's Life for Me."

Photographer
01-29-2004, 08:29 AM
I went for my 28th birthday, 2 years ago. I got the sticker and a friend went with me. Hit a few rides, got some "Happy Birthday"s from the CMs. Didn't get to stay long but I was happy just to be there. I've been to the party at Plaza Inn with someone else for her birthday. That was fun. Waaaay too much sugar! I still have the cup and party hat.

I can't wait for this year. I'll be at DL about 2-3 weeks before my 30th. (I haven't been home on my b-day since '99. I think my family will disown me if I took off for this one.) I'm hoping to convince a bunch of friends to join me at the same time so I can call it my birthday party. :) :D :p

WEPA!

bubsy
01-29-2004, 09:15 AM
Do I get the birthday sticker at City Hall?

Photographer
01-29-2004, 09:57 AM
Yep, birthday stickers are at City Hall. Or if you go to DCA, it's the office looking place to the left after you walk through the gate.

cstephens
01-29-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by bubsy
I have never celebrated, mine or any other birthday at Disneyland. I know there is fun birthday-related stuff you can do, I just don't know what it is.

I have a birthday page (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlrbirthdays.html) posted that you might find useful.

Have fun!

bakerbunny
01-29-2004, 11:26 AM
Since getting married to my husband 8 years ago at the Rose Garden at the hotel (now the ESPN zone), I have spent my birthday or a portion of it at the park. My husband (who shall remain nameless due to his frequent posts) has spent everyone of his since age 13 in the park.

We always get the stickers from City Hall, even get the Birthday bags from Goofy's Kitchen, and have loads of fun.

For me to spend my birthday in the park is a very special occasion. I love Disneyland. I can think of no other place I would
rather be spending my birthday.

The park is lit up for Christmas, Main Street is looking its best, everyone seems happier.

I recommend it to all, even if you only get the birthday sticker, at least the CM's will all tell you happy birthday, some will even go out of their way to make it more special.

bubsy
01-29-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by cstephens
I have a birthday page (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlrbirthdays.html) posted that you might find useful.

Have fun!

thank you! I am super excited.

Morrigoon
01-29-2004, 01:03 PM
Note to self: I should pick up a bday sticker on Sunday... closest day to my bday that I'll be @ the park. :) thanks for the reminder guys!

metalfox7
01-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Hi Megan. That's a great plan you have for your birthday at Disneyland:))) I agree that it's the best place to celebrate on'es birthday. I also look forward to my 40th birthday later this year. Take care,Ariel:))):D

Corith
01-29-2004, 04:32 PM
When I was 13, the scum that are my parents forgot my 13th birthday. Yes, you read that right. My family complete and utterly forgot my birthday. On that day, I rode my bicyle the 20 miles to the park and celebrated at the park, alone.

Since that time, every year, I return. No matter how bad it rains. No matter how deteroiated Eisner lets the park get, I go. I take the day off work if my day falls during the week.

I wear the little "Happy Birthday" button (yes, a real button, not a sticker) I got those many years ago so that every single cast member says to me, "Happy Birthday." The entire park is my birthday party, cast and guests alike. On that day, it is MY park, My playground. Even if nobody can come with me that day, its ok. I have an entire park full of guests and well wishers for my birthday.

The one rare exception was when I turned 21. I spent that year at Disneyworld and Epoct, but I still wore my happy birthday button.

metalfox7
01-29-2004, 06:20 PM
Hi Corith. I am very sorry to hear of your parents forgetting your birthday:((( It was very smart and brave of you to ride the 20 miles to Disneyland. You are a very strong-willed and determined person:))) That's great you celebrate your birthday there every year:))) No matter what the weather or anything else is going on.:))) I know that the birthday button you have is a keepsake for you. Something you may cherish for many,many years to come:))) I also feel the same way on celebrating my birthday at Disneyland:))) I have also visited there no matter what:DDD Rotten weather, crowed or whatever, I will go anyway! :))) I can't wait to go in November for my 40th birthday:))) Take care,Ariel:))):)

Not Afraid
01-29-2004, 06:52 PM
You want Birthday Fun? Here's Birthday Fun! (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4030)

Bruce Bergman
01-29-2004, 08:59 PM
You want real fun, try finding out you have a curse if you don't do something a bit special for your birthday and just get up, eat breakfast, go to work, come home, eat dinner, watch the tube, go to sleep...

One year, we skipped celebrating, and the next day Dad was closing down a show booth at the L A Mart, heading out to the motorhome with a hand-truck full of samples - slipped and fell on a wet loading dock and broke two ribs, and got his bell rung on the way down. :eek: Overnight hospital stay, and down for weeks.

Various other family disasters through the years like minor car accidents, pretty nasty and unusual cuts or bumps, all within a day or two of skipping/delaying the celebration. I was starting to notice a pattern, but I wasn't quite sure...

And then the biggie hit, we again deliberately decided to skip the celebration - My birthday fell on a Sunday and (as usual) fell at the same time as the LA Gift Show, it was the last day. (I just came down there to provide Manual Labor as usual - if we busted our humps we could be packed and "outta there!" in three to four hours.) We were all pooped from the packing up and load-out and were going to wait to go out for my Birthday Dinner on Monday...

That birthday was January 16, 1994. I don't think I have to remind anybody here who is a Southern California resident what happened at about 4:30 AM on January 17, 1994, just a shake :rolleyes: umm, shade over ten years ago... :eek: Yes, God: Message Received Loud and Clear.

Now we ALWAYS go do something a bit special that day - it doesn't have to be a big blowout, just something to acknowledge it to ourselves and The Powers That Be. Not a day early, not a day late... :p

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--

<Missed a typo. Fixed.>

tracilicious
01-29-2004, 09:32 PM
just a friendly tip on the smilies metalfox. if you want to do your own smilies then you can click the "disable smilies in this post" box before you post something. otherwise it looks like a smilie with a bunch of parenthi after it.

justagrrl
01-30-2004, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by tracilicious
just a friendly tip on the smilies metalfox. if you want to do your own smilies then you can click the "disable smilies in this post" box before you post something. otherwise it looks like a smilie with a bunch of parenthi after it.

Is that what's going on with that. I thought maybe she was trying to give him an arm or something. ;) So many with arms - it's attack of the armed smilies! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :cool: :D :cool: :p :cool: :p :cool: :p :cool: :p :cool: :p ;) :p :( :p ;) :) ;) ;) :cool: :cool: :D

justagrrl
01-30-2004, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by tracilicious

Is that what's going on with that. I thought maybe she was trying to give him an arm or something. ;) So many with arms - it's attack of the armed smilies! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :cool: :D :cool: :p :cool: :p :cool: :p :cool: :p :cool: :p ;) :p :( :p ;) :) ;) ;) :cool: :cool: :D

:rolleyes: :p

bubsy
01-30-2004, 08:04 AM
I would very much like to be in a parade. How do I go about doing that?

Not Afraid
01-30-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by bubsy
I would very much like to be in a parade. How do I go about doing that?

You find the people in the Cloud print overalls that appear with a bannered bus about 45 minutes+ before the parade. They move in the opposite direction (up the parade route) that the parade will be going in. You volunteer and, maybe, they will let you participate. Be sure you're wearing closed back shoes.

PsychDoc
01-30-2004, 06:39 PM
Corith, I'm so sorry to hear about your parents forgetting your birthday. 13 is kind of a "big one" too. My parents forgot my sweet 16th birthday. My mom chose to go out shopping at the fashion district with her friend. I got the pleasure of going to my sister's soccor game and watching this 9 year old girl get her front teeth knocked out by a ball. I'll never forget it. Then, oh fun, I got to go to the grocery store with my father who said, "It's your birthday, so I guess you should be able to pick out whatever you want for dinner." I asked for chicken, his response "No, we're eating steak." My mother did bring me back an ugly dress though. I guess, technically, they didn't "forget" my birthday, but I wish I had. On a happier note, I took my baby there for her 1st birthday. She got the sticker and we "magic morning" Plaza breakfast (I know it's not magic morning anymore, I just like to pretend). All the CMs were so sweet to her. On the tea cups, the CM announced "Happy birthday Sam." She then said, "everyone needs to sit down, including little Sam." she was just having too much fun looking all around. Everyone told me it was stuipid to take her there as she's so small and she'll never remember what happened. Well, her 10 year old sister and I will remember and we can tell her great stories. We also took lots of pictures. I think I'll take my oldest there for her BD--it's also 9 days away from mine, so we'll both celebrate. I'll never be like my parents. Every birthday is improtant. And I can't think of a better place to be than DL on our special day.

derraj25
01-31-2004, 06:29 AM
We celebrated my daughters birthday at Goofy's Kitchen at DLH in October (the big 5) and let me tell you, that was one of the best investments on her young childhood that I could make (asside of the high tuition at her private school)

To see her expression when the (to use her words) real people showed up was indescribeable. Sleeping Beauty never left our table throughout our entire breakfast and made our daughter the center of attention. She watched as she opened all of her gifts, interacted with her, played with her, picked her up and danced with her...it was about 2 hours of heaven on earth for her!!! There were many other characters there too (Goofy, pluto, Jasmine, Baloo...) but Sleeping Beauty stayed.

I would highly recommend it for kids...or the young at heart!!!

**Come on Feb! 3 days of magic for just my wife and I** WOOHOO! No pagers, no faxes, no phone, no pets, no kids,(though I love them dearly)...Just my wife and I!!! (And a breakfast for two at Goofy's Kitchen for her birthday)