PDA

View Full Version : How often do I really go?

Kevy Baby
01-27-2004, 01:30 PM
Another thread reminded me of something I've always wondered:

How often do I really go?

Does anyone know if if you can find out how many times you've used your AP? I mean, from Disney. Yes, if I had put some effort into it, I could have saved a bunch of daily guides or parking stubs, but I didn't.

Anybody out there know or done this?

sediment
01-27-2004, 01:39 PM
How accurate does your answer need to be? You could probably guess within 10 (for the year) and no one would be concerned. You could name a range of 10 and be satisfied that the actual number is in it.

Or, starting today, you can mark on a calendar the days you will have gone, and a year from today you'll have one annual figure. You could further classify these into number of hours and amount of money spent.

millionairegirl
01-27-2004, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I've always wondered if TPTB have kept track for their own knowledge. Like-Oh AP# 123456789 hasn't been used in two months, let's send them a brochure, or AP#345678910 has been used everyday for the last three months, let's make sure he has a rotten time today....

It would be interesting to see how I rank versus all APs. I bet I'm around the middle with visits averaging once every month. But on MP I bet I'd be considered an infrequent visitor.

mikala
01-27-2004, 02:32 PM
GREAT QUESTION.

We figure that we re-new our passes in May annually. When we go (from Las Vegas), we spend 3-6 days at a time depending on the goings on in the park, bithdays etc.

For 2003, we went in January, February, March, May, October, November and December.

So in 7 months, we entered the parks (both) about 39 times. Interesting figures. None as of yet for 2004.

I need to get there, having Disneyland withdrawals.:crying: :( :crying: :(

sediment
01-27-2004, 02:36 PM
Smarter AP analysts would gather data as to how much money each spends in the park per trip, and try to get the bigger spenders to come more often.
I don't know if AP holders are analyzed in this fashion, though. That would involve having the systems to gather the data and someone smart enough to analyze it.

hazlnut
01-27-2004, 03:05 PM
My answer to OP.

1973-1990: 1 time/year on average.

1991: 4-5 days/wk as a CM

1992-2002: 1 time/year on average.

2003: 6-7 times/year with AP.

We will not renew our AP after it expires on Feb. 16--IMHO the more frequent visits with the AP take away from the overall magic of the place making it less special. We'll return to once a year in 2005.

sediment
01-27-2004, 03:14 PM
I totally agree with h-nut.
When my CM relative first got his pass, we'd go four or five times a year. Sometimes just for the night. Now it's down to about once a year, and it's just right. We make sure to see anything new, ride the favorites, eat the missed food, etc.
Might need to go again soon, maybe when BTMRR opens up. That'll be before the big AP crowds come for ToT, which I'll get around to maybe in September.

Not Afraid
01-27-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by sediment
Smarter AP analysts would gather data as to how much money each spends in the park per trip, and try to get the bigger spenders to come more often.
I don't know if AP holders are analyzed in this fashion, though. That would involve having the systems to gather the data and someone smart enough to analyze it.

They aren't. We would be in the first 1000 contactd, I'm sure.

Kevy Baby
01-27-2004, 03:48 PM
Sadly, I do know how much money I have spent at the Disneyland Resort. Or more accurately, I could easily find out (I just don't want to know). I keep track of our money quite obsessively in Quicken.

I've always just wondered how often I go. Just passing curiousity. Not interested in a cost/benefir analysis.

sediment
01-27-2004, 04:03 PM
You have what appears to be a good idea at your anwer. Too bad it will answer unasked questions.

Do not concern yourself with the amount of money you've spent. It doesn't matter; it's in the past!

Cadaverous Pallor
01-27-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by sediment
Do not concern yourself with the amount of money you've spent. It doesn't matter; it's in the past! Hakuna Matata.....what a wonderful phrase...." :D

I'll bet that the data on who goes how often is stored somewhere but it seems they do nothing with it. Someone mentioned keeping track of how much we spend - if they swiped our APs every time we used it for a discount, they'd have a treasure trove of info. But seeing as they don't, it's a lost opportunity.

cemeinke
01-27-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Kevy Baby
Sadly, I do know how much money I have spent at the Disneyland Resort. Or more accurately, I could easily find out (I just don't want to know).

heh heh - I've run that report once and believe you me, I was quite surprised. If Disney tracked my spending, Michael Eisner would be sending me a Christmas Cards.