PDA

View Full Version : Save the Teacups

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

#1POOHLOVER
03-02-2004, 07:49 PM
You know I am new to the boards here and I have to say that some of you people are down right rude. That's a good way to
drive people away. A few rude people..............

Morrigoon
03-02-2004, 07:57 PM
Huh? Sorry, I'm confused... what in the previous few posts was rude? Are you sure you're not just giving the wrong intonation to people's posts?

Kevy Baby
03-02-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by #1POOHLOVER
You know I am new to the boards here and I have to say that some of you people are down right rude. That's a good way to
drive people away. A few rude people.............. I'm not sure what you are commenting on. Almost all the posts between this one and your last one are referring to the movie "Animal House". The first post that quoted you (Moonliner) started the Animal House reference (and it was in no way a reflection on you: he just "ran with" the line) but went on to just point out a couple of details. Cadaverous Pallor also pointed out that what you brought up had already been discussed at length on this thread. Neither of these individuals were rude (IMHO).

Pretty much all the rest was just Animal House silliness. (Check this link (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077975/quotes) if you want to see many of these quotes from the movie.)

mad4mky
03-03-2004, 07:23 AM
Well, the "Save the Teacups" campaign has made the electronic People magazine Daily Update...

People (http://people.aol.com/people/news/now/0,10958,597010,00.html) .

I am not sure my link will work, as normally, you have to subscribe to People magazine to log on (which is kind of dumb).

But, you guys have really got the word out there now! :D

Moonliner
03-03-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by mad4mky
Well, the "Save the Teacups" campaign has made the electronic People magazine Daily Update...

People (http://people.aol.com/people/news/now/0,10958,597010,00.html) .

I am not sure my link will work, as normally, you have to subscribe to People magazine to log on (which is kind of dumb).

But, you guys have really got the word out there now! :D

Details man! We need details! (your right the link does not work). How about a bit of cut-and-paste from the juicy bits?

Sure we can make the LA Times, CBS TV, The AP Wire, Sacramento Bee, and soon the largest newspaper in Japan but can we get some main page coverage here on Mouseplanet??? :(
It's not like there are any other BIG disney stories happening today March 3rd, 2004 :)

mad4mky
03-03-2004, 07:34 AM
Ok...but I don't want to get into hot water with my fellow mods over posting a quote...

"Meanwhile, in semi-related news, there's been another uprising, this time at Southern California's Disneyland, where the 49-year-old Mad Tea Party ride in Fantasyland is being criticized for having been mechanically tamed and made harder to spin.

The Los Angeles Times says that recently a handicapped writer had been injured on the ride (though not seriously), so the Party has been slowed down -- prompting its fans to march to City Hall on Disneyland's Main Street in protest and post hundreds of messages in Internet chatrooms under headings such as "Save the Teacups," according to the Associated Press.

There's even reputed talk of a spin-in, if protestors can get the cups twirling.

In a written statement, Disneyland officials, claiming there have been few complaints, insist: "The ride remains entertaining and exciting for guests of all ages."
**People Magazine 3/3/04

Moonliner
03-03-2004, 07:43 AM
Ok...but I don't want to get into hot water with my fellow mods over posting a quote...

Thanks!!! and if anyone has a problem with mad4mky "posting a quote" please send your comments directly to me. Not that I can/will do much about it but hopefully it will make you feel beter :)

stan4d_steph
03-03-2004, 08:14 AM
I am not sure my link will work, as normally, you have to subscribe to People magazine to log on (which is kind of dumb). The link is free for AOL subscribers and People magazine subscribers. You can also get temporary access with a code from a magazine bought from a newstand.

Cadaverous Pallor
03-03-2004, 09:19 AM
PEOPLE MAGAZINE? OMG that is big. :eek:

I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed by that.

Not Afraid
03-03-2004, 09:34 AM
hehehe. I subscribed to People to get the article. Now, THAT is having my priorities in line. :rolleyes:

Now, how do I unsuscribe?;)

mad4mky
03-03-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
PEOPLE MAGAZINE? OMG that is big. :eek:

I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed by that.

Hey...I even felt overwhelmed being the first on MP to see this from People.

I guess being nosy,and getting a People daily update in my emails paid off! :D

lindyhop
03-04-2004, 06:53 PM
At my dance class the other night I was happy to discover that several people I dance with are APs and get together to go dancing at DL on occasional Saturday nights. They promised to let me know the next time they go.

Okay, so there is a reason I'm posting in this thread. Before I left the class I overheard them mention Disney something or other. It turns out they were all looking at the article from the Times that someone had clipped out. I walked over and took full credit for it. No really, I did tell them I knew the brilliant people who instigated the whole thing. They all thought it was a great idea and wanted to complain at City Hall themselves!

Moonliner
03-04-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
PEOPLE MAGAZINE? OMG that is big.

If nothing else at least we know that our story will live on long after we are all gone. In doctor offices across the land :)

Moonliner
04-14-2004, 05:15 PM
Just after I posted on my experience at the DL city hall, I retrived a phone message from earlier. It is a response to a letter I sent to DL some time back about the teacups. Here is the text translation on the message:

From Karen at Disneyland.

In regards to your letter that was forwarded to us from Mr. James Rasulo our President for us to respond. I do apologize for your disappointment regarding our teacups. As you know our attractions are constantly monitored and appropriate performance adjustments are made when necessary and we really believe that the tea party remains entertaining and exciting for the guests. Of course it is our goal to create magical memories and exceed the expectations of our guests and we do appreciate your feedback and have documented your concern and it went all the way up to our President Matt Ulment (sp?). So again thank you for writing.

Score: Lawyers: 1 - Guests: 0

sediment
04-14-2004, 05:27 PM
Just after I posted on my experience at the DL city hall, I retrived a phone message from earlier. It is a response to a letter I sent to DL some time back about the teacups. Here is the text translation on the message:

From Karen at Disneyland.

In regards to your letter that was forwarded to us from Mr. James Rasulo our President for us to respond. I do apologize for your disappointment regarding our teacups. As you know our attractions are constantly monitored and appropriate performance adjustments are made when necessary and we really believe that the tea party remains entertaining and exciting for the guests. Of course it is our goal to create magical memories and exceed the expectations of our guests and we do appreciate your feedback and have documented your concern and it went all the way up to our President Matt Ulment (sp?). So again thank you for writing.

1. That's "Cast Member Matt Ouimet." I'd like to read CM Matt's response.
2. The goal to exceed expectations of guests starts with the lowering of expectations. Nice try, Gap-Sweater-Folder Paul.

alanjoyce
05-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but what happened with this? Are the teacups back to normal now?

houseofmouse
05-28-2007, 08:17 PM
So to add to this old thread, we were there in Dec. and March the tea cups now have a spin this way to go faster arrows in the middle. They are not as hard as they were following this accident but certainly do not in my opinion spin as fast as they used to. :)

adriennek
05-28-2007, 09:57 PM
Sorry to dig up an old thread,

From our FAQ about digging up old threads (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=8493) -

If you want to discuss a topic that was written in a thread months ago, we encourage you to consider creating a new thread, and adding a URL pointing to the previous discussion.

Adrienne