PDA

View Full Version : Save the Teacups

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

#1POOHLOVER
02-29-2004, 08:48 PM
IT IS ALREADY TOO LATE ABOUT THE TEACUPS. I WAS THERE
AROUND 2/12,13 & 14TH AND THEY ARE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO TURN. IT IS REALLY SAD THAT BECAUSE PEOPLE ARENT RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR CHILDREN THAT THE REST OF US HAVE TO SUFFER. IF THE KID WAS IN THE INSIDE AND THE ADULTS AROUND THE DOORS EVERYTHING WOULD HAVE BEEN PROBABLY FINE.

Moonliner
02-29-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by #1POOHLOVER
IT IS ALREADY TOO LATE ABOUT THE TEACUPS.

Over?? Over??

Nothings over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed pearl harbor? No! and it's not over now.

Pooh Lover, since you are coming to this thread a bit late just a few tidbits. First it was not a "child" that fell out. So you can absolve the parents of the world on this one. Plus what can be done can be undone. Be it company policy, state law, or the Governor of a state. So yes the Teacups cannot currently spin but they can still be saved.

So please call, write or visit Disneyland city hall and make your voice heard.

Today the Teacups, Tomorrow the Pirates and then if we have time we rearm the jungle cruise pilots.

Loric
02-29-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Moonliner
Nothings over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed pearl harbor? No! and it's not over now.

Germans?

Well, atleast it's not over. I think it's jsut beginning. Press is good, Disney hates the press.

I just had a yuckey thought though. If it was tightening, maybe they're over compensating for undertightening that was the problem at Big Thunder, no? Like, maybe technically the Tea Cups are supposed to be that tight but have never been tightened that tight in YEARS so they've been known to spin so much faster and everyone assumed that's how it was supposed to work.

Kind of like how an effect is broken in a ride and people assume it's supposed to be that - maybe we're assuming the teacups were meant to spin so fast. Maybe it takes a year or two or just 6 months to untighten to the fun point, but is still supposed to be put back to the "Tightened" point every so often, be it a year, six months, 2 years, what have you...

Moonliner
02-29-2004, 09:24 PM
Ps...

Send thoes letters to:

Mr. James A. Rasulo
President
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Or you can try:

Mr. Michael Eisner
Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

But he's a bit busy these days...

Web comments/Email can be entered at:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/common/contactUs

Calls (to real people) can go to:
(714) 781-7290

Keep up the heat!

Moonliner
02-29-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Loric
Germans?

Oh god, now I really feel old. Thanks Loric. :(

http://funwavs.com/wavfile.php?quote=184&view=1

stitch626
02-29-2004, 09:41 PM
Why can't they do something similar to what is done with the Sun Wheel. Make some tea cups tightened and some as they use to be?

cemeinke
02-29-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by stitch626
Why can't they do something similar to what is done with the Sun Wheel. Make some tea cups tightened and some as they use to be?

We'll it's not like you were forced to spin the things. We often would split into groups according to spin preference.

Pirate Girl
03-01-2004, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by cemeinke
We'll it's not like you were forced to spin the things. We often would split into groups according to spin preference.

As do we, I know I can't stand fast spinning, but I love the ride. My cousin loves fast spinning...and so on.

danyoung
03-01-2004, 05:08 AM
Like, maybe technically the Tea Cups are supposed to be that tight but have never been tightened that tight in YEARS so they've been known to spin so much faster and everyone assumed that's how it was supposed to work.

Well, I can only say from my own experience that the Teacups have spun about the same since I first started riding them, way back in '63. I know, they've moved since then, but I don't recall any change in the spin rate at the new location. No, this is the lawyerneers taking charge again, and going way overboard in the process.

sediment
03-01-2004, 08:50 AM
Again: Send messages to Cast Member Matt. He'll take care of it. Jay and Mike are too busy for this, and probably wouldn't even do anything.
CM Matt is on our side.

Demigod121
03-01-2004, 09:02 AM
Germans? Someone here needs a history lesson. ;)

-Demigod

sediment
03-01-2004, 09:03 AM
Germans?

He's on a roll.

Cadaverous Pallor
03-01-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by #1POOHLOVER
IT IS ALREADY TOO LATE ABOUT THE TEACUPS. I WAS THERE
AROUND 2/12,13 & 14TH AND THEY ARE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO TURN. IT IS REALLY SAD THAT BECAUSE PEOPLE ARENT RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR CHILDREN THAT THE REST OF US HAVE TO SUFFER. IF THE KID WAS IN THE INSIDE AND THE ADULTS AROUND THE DOORS EVERYTHING WOULD HAVE BEEN PROBABLY FINE. Please read the entire thread before you post. If you had, you would have found out that a) We knew the teacups have been slowed down, b) we went and rode them ourselves, c) it wasn't a child involved in the accident, d) the person that fell out fell over the top and not out the door, and e) we are going to fight to get the teacups changed back.

Also, please DON'T USE ALL CAPS. IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE YELLING.

Cadaverous Pallor
03-01-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Demigod121
Germans? Someone here needs a history lesson. ;)

-Demigod Did you see Moonliner's link?

Mark Goldhaber
03-01-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Moonliner
Oh god, now I really feel old. Thanks Loric. :(

http://funwavs.com/wavfile.php?quote=184&view=1

Otter: Bluto's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Bluto: And we're just the guys to do it.

D-Day: Let's do it.

Bluto: LET'S DO IT!!!!

Kevy Baby
03-01-2004, 04:38 PM
We could easily get to 1,000 posts quoting that movie :p

Babs: Greg, honey, is it supposed to be this soft?

Dean Vernon Wormer: Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

Boon: Now, she should be good-looking, but we're willing to trade looks for a certain... morally casual attitude.

Not Afraid
03-01-2004, 04:49 PM
:confused:

MickeyD
03-01-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
:confused:

Animal House. (Great movie, of course, since I like it, you probably wouldn't.....:p)

Cadaverous Pallor
03-01-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by MickeyD
Animal House. (Great movie, of course, since I like it, you probably wouldn't.....:p) Nah, they'd like it. Perhaps not as much as you would, but they'd like it. :D

Not Afraid
03-01-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
Nah, they'd like it. Perhaps not as much as you would, but they'd like it. :D

I've seen AH, actually. I think. Something about a bathtub, cars, booze, waitresses, a school and John Balushi.

That's my recollection.

All of it.

Originally posted by MickeyD
Animal House. (Great movie, of course, since I like it, you probably wouldn't.....:p)

I probably need drugs.:~D

Kevy Baby
03-01-2004, 05:15 PM
Wow, has this thread gotten WAY off track...

Cadaverous Pallor
03-01-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Kevy Baby
Wow, has this thread gotten WAY off track... Well you can't stay fully outraged all the time, can you? ;)

Morrigoon
03-01-2004, 05:25 PM
NA: Nope, that pretty much sums up the movie - except you left out the shopping cart ;)

Not Afraid
03-01-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
NA: Nope, that pretty much sums up the movie - except you left out the shopping cart ;)

I must've been tokin' during that scene.;)

Moonliner
03-01-2004, 05:55 PM
Let's get back on track here.

The AP has obviously picked up on the story and it's spreading. Right now the best thing for Disney would be to KILL THE STORY and just fix the Teacups. Eisner and crew could use a little good Disney fan PR right now and fixing the Teacups would be a ZERO cost good will gesture. Disney has told us that the issue here is just "periodic maintenance" and all the teacups need is some time to loosen up. Well I say that's great but NOW is the time.

Thank You.