PDA

View Full Version : Save the Teacups

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

innerSpaceman
02-25-2004, 01:56 PM
Ok, then .... C.P., you are a goddess! Truly the beautiful protecting spirit of Mad Tea Partyhood. All hail, etc., etc.

sediment
02-25-2004, 02:03 PM
Alright fanatics, you know what to do: register a complaint with DL City Hall if you don't like the rotational velocity.
I'd hate to be a CM this weekend when this gets out.

innerSpaceman
02-25-2004, 02:11 PM
Um, remember - Disney NEVER claimed that the State made them do it. That was all Al Lutz.

Disney has, to my understanding, consistently said that the teacups were routinely tightened, with loosening to be expected at the one month mark - - i.e., one week from now.

In casual observations of the Teacups over the past 3 weeks, and how many people were spinning vs. not spinning, the unscientific results seem so far to confirm Disney's assertions.

Cadaverous Pallor
02-25-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
In casual observations of the Teacups over the past 3 weeks, and how many people were spinning vs. not spinning, the unscientific results seem so far to confirm Disney's assertions. Them big words is mighty confusin', Mr. Spaceman! :) Did you mean to say that you think the 'cups are getting faster? I must admit I haven't looked in a little bit.

Looks like we need another unscientific test.

Tigertail777
02-25-2004, 02:31 PM
Well I just got an e-mail yesterday saying my letter would be forwarded to the appropriae office.... but CP's news makes the point pretty moot.

OK so now what do we do? Where would one send a letter about this?

IP: I really hope yer right and that it will get loosened over time, but still I think Disney handled this wrong... I dont think its exactly forthright to let guests think they are getting on the same old ride, even if it will loosen in the future. The least they could have done is put up a themed sign stating something along the lines of: " the tea party is currently being more proper rather than mad, please be patient while Alice and her friends try to coax the cups back to being mad" something like that anyways...so the guests who are not online Disney nuts will know.
Plus I dunno it seems that they could have staff loosen them more with constant turning after the park closes or something (which they may already be doing... puts an interesting picture in yer head doesnt it? CM spin-a-thons LOL).
Anyways I think its more than a little dishonest to lead guests to beleive its the same ride when they get on it. Its sort of a waste of time, when they could be riding another ride or doing something else... this is particularly important for those guests that come from far away, or dont make it to the park very often as they must maximize their time.

cemeinke
02-25-2004, 02:58 PM
When we walked past the teacups yesterday, no one was getting much of any of a spin out of their cups - still a sad sight, if you ask me.

sediment
02-25-2004, 03:26 PM
Maybe they have to be turned the right direction in order to loosen them? Let's see, righty-tighty and lefty loosey.

Kevy Baby
02-25-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by sediment
Maybe they have to be turned the right direction in order to loosen them? Let's see, righty-tighty and lefty loosey. So if we all screw to the left, the Teacups will eventually fall off the pedestal?

(Go ahead... get the visual in your brain!)

sambo
02-25-2004, 04:22 PM
Yay!

You did good CP...;)

Cadaverous Pallor
02-25-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Tigertail777
Well I just got an e-mail yesterday saying my letter would be forwarded to the appropriae office.... but CP's news makes the point pretty moot. Get this - when I was on the phone with the guy he said "You're Tigertail, right?" He was looking at the wrong email. I succeeded in not giggling. :D

I already have a response regarding the documentation - he said he'd snail mail it to me. I'll scan it and post it online once I get it.

So do we attack City Hall every time we show up? Or drown them with letters? Snail mail, email?

How about "all of the above"?

:~D

Tigertail777
02-25-2004, 05:19 PM
LOL... OK now I am giggling over that... poor guy didnt realize he was going to become deluged with mail. Thats pretty funny, I will have to check my e-mail now to see if the confusion continues. LOL :D

Not Afraid
02-25-2004, 05:55 PM
Hmmmm. The LA Times is interested.

Moonliner
02-25-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
Hmmmm. The LA Times is interested.

.. and hopefully others. I'm contuning to submit this story to news outles around the country. I sent off another half dozen today and I'll do more tomorrow.

The truth is out there!

Andrew
02-25-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Kevy Baby
So if we all screw to the left, the Teacups will eventually fall off the pedestal? (Go ahead... get the visual in your brain!) The visual I have in my brain is probably not what you had in mind.

Loric
02-25-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
The visual I have in my brain is probably not what you had in mind.

Ack! I think I got the same visual. Bad Andrew!

Pirate Girl
02-25-2004, 10:39 PM
Would installing seatbelts really change the ride that much? I mean, I think that would be better than compleatly changing the ride.

Loric
02-25-2004, 10:41 PM
I don't see how they could install seatbelts.

Pirate Girl
02-25-2004, 11:42 PM
Well, they could put clear bubbles over the tops of the teacups a la Snow Globe Parade. Then the little kids wouldn't fly out, they would just fly up and hit the bubble. :fez:

Tigertail777
02-26-2004, 12:12 AM
God I hate to mention it... but you know someone will eventually...

Lap bars anyone?

Loric
02-26-2004, 12:20 AM
What about guests in the holding pen for the next ride put on special 3-point fanny pads that have velcro? You just stick to the seat.

That actually seems more workable than the lap bars or seatbelts.

They could call it "Tea Cup Tushy Tape" or "Mad Tea Party Practical PJ's"

Loric
02-26-2004, 12:23 AM
Come to think of it - if the issue is standing up..

Why not put in some lazer system that sends beams out across and over the cups and if someone stands up or goes to high breaking a beam - viola, the system automaticly e-stops.

Not Afraid
02-26-2004, 07:31 AM
After almost 50 years of operation, why do they have to do anything?

sediment
02-26-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Loric
- viola, the system automaticly e-stops.
A viola? Why this particular instrument?

Perhaps seatbelts for people who have a tendancy to stand up or have trouble sitting up. We'll leave that decision to a guardian who should know better than a CM.

Demigod121
02-26-2004, 08:56 AM
I've never heard of a musical instrument causing an e-stop.

Strange....

:~D

-Demigod

Disneyphile
02-26-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Loric
Why not put in some lazer system that sends beams out across and over the cups and if someone stands up or goes to high breaking a beam - viola, the system automaticly e-stops.
I think it would work better if those laser beams just decapitated people instead. And then, if someone attempts to stand, they can have a voiceover warning of the Queen of Hearts saying "Off with their heads!". :~D