PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite food/meal/snack in the park(s)?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

awinner
10-04-2001, 11:08 PM
Everytime I go to the parks...I get very excited about all of the things I am going to do and eat at the park(s). Ever since I was a little kid, I have always had certain items at the park that were a ritual to eat, maybe because they were my favorite or maybe because it was a ritual. There were always 2 things I would not leave the park w/o having, a frozen bananna and when in season (because they used, not sure if they still do, close it down) a corn dog. Now since I am on this no carb fix...I think the cobb salad at the plaza inn it so good and since they know me there, they give me a salad and a half, for my wife and I to share...its huge. I think it's time for me to splurge and have a churro, popcorn, apple fritter, and a white chocolate carmel covered apple rolled in M&M's!!!

Morrigoon
10-04-2001, 11:23 PM
Pumpkin Fudge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(all carbs, all the time)

I like to get a Chicken Fusilli once a trip (since I now live 5 hours away)

Also like to at least try to get to Hook's once for the chocolate souffle

My newest tradition is the turkey and applewood bacon sandwich at LaBrea Bakery -YUM!

beanpole
10-05-2001, 12:02 AM
Ahhh, a food thread, my favorite subject.

My Disneyland trips last two and a half days. Here's what I must eat during each trip:

1. Breakfast: (Blue Ribbon Cafe) An enormous, sticky, slightly warm cinnamon bun - fresh from the oven - with the thick, creamy icing melting over the top and streaming down the sides in a viscous stream to coagulate at the bottom of the cardboard tray. Washed down with a large double-mocha topped with whipped cream and a dash of cocoa powder. Alternately, a warmed-up chocolate muffin loaded with melted chocolate chips.

2. Lunch: (Red Rockett's Pizza Port) A Chicken Caesar Salad accompanied by hot breadsticks and a cup of savory tomato sauce sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Alternately, a cheeseburger from the Hungry Bear.

3. Snack: Coconut almond brittle or toffee peanuts from the Candy Palace on Main Street. Alternately, a Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Bar from ODV.

3. Dinner: (French Market) Beef Stew in a Bread Bowl, a crisp garden salad smothered with blue-cheese dressing and a nice, tall, cold glass of ice tea. What can be better than dining outdoors on a warm Spring or Summer evening, watching the Mark Twain go by, listening to the happy Dixieland stylings of the Side Street Strutters and soaking up the ambience?

4. Dessert: (Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor) A Grand Gibson Sundae with Fantasia flavor ice cream, topped with steaming ribbons of hot fudge, a mound of whipped cream piled up to the ceiling, and nuts.

5. Post-park closing Snack: (Millie's) A chicken pot pie baked in a cheddar cheese crust and a stack of crispy, deep fried onion rings with a bowl of ranch dressing for dipping.

Nigel2
10-05-2001, 09:43 AM
Hmmm, who wan't to bet when BP's chest will explode?:D I ususaly don't eat in the parks unless its a club 33 (which I go to alot), and if I don't eat there I ususaly go to DTD for lunch. Oddly I am not a breakfast or snack person. I tried the fantasia ice cream once and it was ok.

beanpole
10-05-2001, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Hmmm, who wan't to bet when BP's chest will explode?:D

One word: Rolaids.

Nigel2
10-05-2001, 11:51 AM
Better word Cholesterol.:D

tlovesdis
10-05-2001, 01:05 PM
This thread is making me very hungry! Here are my must haves!!

1. Mickey Mouse pancakes from the River Belle Terrace

2. Crab Cakes from the Blue Bayou

3. Peppermint ice cream from Gibson Girl

I haven't been to DL since last November so I have not yet experienced DTD and DCA. I am sure after my trip coming up on October 20th I will have some new favorites!

BTW, Beanpole, your description of the cinnamon roll was so awesome that I am definately going to have to have one of those!!!!

Nigel2
10-05-2001, 01:23 PM
To me they seem a little too large/heavy to eat if you are going to pull a long day there (if you are entertaining guests from far away) since items like that have a tendency to sit heavy in your stomach.

10-05-2001, 02:14 PM
Beanpole, I live vicariously through you. If I ate as you describe, I would be an entire beanFIELD - a big one.

I say all of this with the utmost envy and respect for your metabolism and iron-clad stomach.

beanpole
10-05-2001, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
To me they seem a little too large/heavy to eat if you are going to pull a long day there (if you are entertaining guests from far away) since items like that have a tendency to sit heavy in your stomach.

For mere mortals, this may be true. For Beanpole, it's not a problem. I can pack one of things into my stomach at 9:00 a.m. and make a mad dash for Space Mountain seconds later. From there, I run around like a lunatic from one attraction to another, only pausing momentarily to loosen my belt from time to time.

When noontime rolls around, I drink plenty of water to melt down the sugar crystals forming in my bloodstream and the fatty deposits forming in my arteries. Thus refreshed, I set my sights on lunch.

Water and antacid tablets are my secret weapon against those 2.5 lb cinnamon rolls.

Nigel2
10-05-2001, 10:09 PM
Why said anything about being mortal? Hey when I "accidently" eat some peaches and drink jade juice I still didn't get a cast iron stomach. Ok you eat that alone, I got 3 years, 250 days, 14 hours 20 minutes and 3 secconds till his heart explodes. Any takers?:D

mrcoffee
10-05-2001, 10:23 PM
Fritters and the mint julip. :)

Thomas

Nigel2
10-05-2001, 10:51 PM
Speaking of mint julips I need to try to make one we have tons of mint growing in our backyard and they always look interesting, but I am not a super mint fan so I don't know. Also what ever happend to the giant apple fritter they use to sell? The only problem I have with the fritters is that they taste like they were fried with chicken. Get rid of that taste and I am there.

DisneylandBoy
10-06-2001, 02:44 PM
Well, the food is one of the best things at Disneyland. Here is my favorites:

For Snacks:
a churro
a Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Sandwich
a giant Lollipop
a pickle from Adventureland
one of those giant licorice things
fries from McDonalds

For Lunch/Dinner:
Clam Chowder in a bread bowle from the French Market
a burrito from Rancho Del Zocalo
Pizza from Redd Rocket's Pizza Port
a hamburger and fries from the Village Haus
Child's Fried Chicken and Fries from the French Market

For Dessert:
the chocolate cake with sprinkles

To Drink:
Sprite
Water Bottles

Of course, I don't have all of these things everytime I go. If I did, I would weigh 700 pounds!!! But I still love these. Mmmm, I get hungry just thinking about it!

mad4mky
10-06-2001, 03:16 PM
Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Sandwich...anytime of day. Yum.

And Blue Bayou if I can for lunch or dinner...Their Pork Loin Roast with potatoes and spiced apple slices. Hmmm. Can't wait for December 1st.

DisneylandKid
10-06-2001, 03:33 PM
Bengal BBQ skewers...yum!

LKSearcy
10-06-2001, 04:41 PM
I love the spicy Beef Skewers at the Bengal Barbecue and the chili fries at the Golden Horseshoe.

Only 56 days and counting!

mspangler
10-06-2001, 04:53 PM
Food! Oh boy!

Let's see...

Snacks-
Mickey ice cream bars
Popcorn
Pineapple whip/juice from the Tiki Bar
Churros
Mickey sourballs/pretzels/"shorts bread" cookies
Ice cream sundae from the Gibson Girl (guess that could qualify as dessert too, but what the heck...)

Meals-
Fried chicken at Riverbelle Terrace
Pot roast at the Plaza Inn
Clam chowder at the Orleans Cafe (and some cheesecake for dessert)
Prime rib or pork loin at Blue Bayou (love those potatoes....mmmmmm)
Pizza or spaghetti at the Pizza Port

After closing late-night snacks-
Deli sandwich from the Lost Bar at the DLH -or-
Club sandwich from DLH room service

Only problem is, living 450 miles away, I can't have any of this very often...shoot!

supercarrie
10-06-2001, 05:58 PM
Fave Meal:

Monte Cristo from Blue Bayou
Adult portion of cheese ravioli at Pizza Port (have to ask for this)

Fave Snacks:

FRITTERS!!
chocolate covered chocolate fudge bear from Candy Palace
cherry sours

Fave drinks:

pineapple juice from the Tiki Bar
mint juleps

I also miss the Matterhorn sundaes from the old Carnation place, before they changed it a few years back...

saturday97
10-07-2001, 11:50 AM
The mint juleps are must, as are the frozen bananas.

I can't stand the monte cristo sandwich, it's just too much bread/ breading,

I was lucky enough to be invited to Club 33 the last time I visited, and everything there was sooo good! But I have to say, part of the fun is eating theme-park junk food, so I rarely ever eat a full meal there, just various fatty snacks!

ripplededge
10-07-2001, 05:09 PM
Those wierd frozen bananas with chocolate and nuts on the outside. Basically one of the few things I have not seen made, or defrosted.

Jeffrey Woodson
10-08-2001, 12:27 PM
My Favorite food at Disneyland is (was) the Disneyland House blend coffee from the Blue Ribbon Bakery. So delicious and hot, sitting at midnight on a cool summer night watching the park empty. Always get some. I even used the paper cup at work for a week once after a trip until it rotted and blew out the bottom. You can't get the cup refilled around the park like tho others decause it's a different cup, filled with different coffee.

*sigh*
I'm so far away from Disneyland now.

:(

baileykat
10-09-2001, 04:19 PM
Since I live in Texas, trips to DLR are few and far between...going December 16, 17...this will be my 5th trip...my most favorite food item is the Pineapple Spears at the Tiki Room...For some reason they always taste so much better their than any pineapple I get at home..

awinner
10-09-2001, 04:38 PM
For $2.00 a spear, they ought to be!!!

SpazRobot
10-09-2001, 05:58 PM
I like the half-tortillas. They are free. When the factory is open.