PDA

View Full Version : How often do you go to Disneyland?

Pages : [1] 2

Lady
01-26-2004, 11:25 AM
I ask this because I live very close to Disneyland and my friends and family find it weird that I want to go to Disneyland more than once every few years!!

So how often does everyone go to Disneyland and/or California Adventure (and for the CMs, how often do you visit the parks as guests)?

UncleGDogWord
01-26-2004, 12:17 PM
I usually make three trips a year to DLR. One during the Spring, the Summer, and always go during Xmas.

Morrigoon
01-26-2004, 12:20 PM
On average, I'd say about once every other week, maybe twice in 3 weeks, somewhere around that frequency.

sediment
01-26-2004, 12:22 PM
I go once or twice a year. I have to beg to go, and I don't like begging. I get my kids to do it for me, and my CM relative can't refuse them.
And that's plenty for me. I get my fix online, and I don't have to get into crowds to do it.
Question: do your family and friends live close to DLR as well? If so, you should find some new family and friends.

As they say, different strokes...

danyoung
01-26-2004, 12:28 PM
I live in Dallas, and I still try to visit 2 or 3 times a year. I also try to get to WDW at least a couple times a year. Love them parks!

CarlieB
01-26-2004, 12:46 PM
On average so far, once a year (since 2000). I wish it were more often, but the 12 hour plane ride sure takes a lot out of you...:D

disneydreams
01-26-2004, 01:14 PM
I went to DL 3x in '02.

The most I've been to DL in a year was in '03. 4x :D
Once during Spring Break, twice in the summer (late June & early August), and once during the holiday season (few days before Christmas)

Got an AP in the summer which kinda motivated me & my mom to want to go even more and more.

August 1, 2003-late afternoon
I'm lurking around MP while Mom comes in
Mom: "Hey do you wanna go to DL tomorrow?"
Me: "...are you serious?"
Mom: "Well it's really boring staying at home doing nothing :D"
Me: "Ok cool!"

so we booked a flight on SWA for the next day, and booked a room at DLH for two nights. lmao :fez:
one-hour flight yah! Yah! YAH! :D

and I never get tired of it :D while my brothers do :(

mom asked "do you wanna go to DL again during semester break?"
unfortunately I couldn't go cuz of hw on a "NO-HOMEWORK WEEKEND" GAH! liars! :mad:

:fez: <--such an awesome smiley

SacTown Chronic
01-26-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by disneydreams

mom asked "do you wanna go to DL again during semester break?"
unfortunately I couldn't go cuz of hw on a "NO-HOMEWORK WEEKEND" GAH! liars! :mad:

You couldn't go to DL because of your homework? Jeez, kids today.......where did society go wrong?:p

Our family currently goes once a year. But we stay for a week. So maybe the answer is 5-6 times a year.

Lady
01-26-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by sediment
I go once or twice a year. I have to beg to go, and I don't like begging. I get my kids to do it for me, and my CM relative can't refuse them.
And that's plenty for me. I get my fix online, and I don't have to get into crowds to do it.
Question: do your family and friends live close to DLR as well? If so, you should find some new family and friends.

As they say, different strokes...

The weird thing is I have NEVER met another Disney fan in real life. I'm beginning to wonder if the all the world's Disney fans populate this one site. We must be a rare and special breed.

Magicinthestars
01-26-2004, 01:33 PM
My Crew (Family and friends) and I make it to DL about 2 times a year but we usually end up staying for 6-10 nights. We all have APs now and Live in Washington. We just love watching the weekend fare sales for that gimmer of hope that there might be sale tickets to LAX or SNA! :cool:

efoxx
01-26-2004, 01:42 PM
since I was three oh so many years ago it was once a year. always at the beginning of our family vacation.
then I grew up, and Disney started the ap program. that was about 1982-3. then once a month my then girlfriend, now wife and I made the trek. after we were married (honeymooned at wdw) it became twice a month.
the tragidy struck. we moved to the midwest. at first it was still twice a year. now sadly it is only once every couple of years. but we are DVC owners, and to WDW at least once a year:D

disneydreams
01-26-2004, 01:46 PM
double post

disneydreams
01-26-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by SacTown Chronic
You couldn't go to DL because of your homework? Jeez, kids today.......where did society go wrong?:p

GAH! We have a 4 day weekend (friday-monday) for semester break. and I was planning on visiting this weekend, cuz it's suppose to be a no-homework weekend. erg good thing we didn't book flight tickets to SNA and hotel room

but nooooo, the teachers say "oh don't do your lab report or study for the english test over the weekend". liars.
but then the lab report's due on WEDNESDAY and the english test's on THURSDAY! erg so in order to get a good grade for the lab report (mainly), we have to spend a lot of time on it, and this lab's a really tedious one. so mad mad mad at teachers, but my math teacher's cool:) we had class on wednesday, not thursday, so she gave us homework for wednesday night, but me being a good girl (not to brag or anything ;) ) already did it. :D

mad at science and english! :mad:

ok i'm fine now :)

:fez:

oh yeah I *love* your screename Magicinthestars!

disneyscott
01-26-2004, 02:04 PM
time between Feb02- and Feb 03. Then we were off for one year and got new pass on 1/23/04 and went both days (today is the 26th)

The one thing that blows my mind is that If I had to pay for parking (688.00) almost as much as the the four year pass.

Not Afraid
01-26-2004, 02:40 PM
When I'm in the mood - once a week. If I have other things going - it's once every 2-3 weeks. There always seems to be SOME reason to go.

mamabot
01-26-2004, 03:15 PM
We try to go at least once a month. If we have family visiting, or in town family that wants us to go with, it is more often.

Nathan is getting tired of going so much, but the kids are always up for going.

So I guess we go about 12-15 times a year, give or take a few visits. :D

Kevy Baby
01-26-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Lady
I ask this because I live very close to Disneyland and my friends and family find it weird that I want to go to Disneyland more than once every few years!! Mrs. Baby & I go about 15-20 times per year (not always together - sometimes I'll just go for a corndog after work - she'll go during the day with her friends).

We've had the discussion with many people about why we go so often. We'll get the standard line of "how can you stand going all the time? Whenever we go, we don't want to repeat that for several years".

And we respond: "when you go, do you stay all day long, trying to get on as many rides as possible and are exhausted and yelling at everyone and everything?"

The answer is invariably yes. To which we respond: " when we go, we usually only go for a couple of hours, a few at the most [with rare exceptions]. If a line is too long, we don't wait in it; we'll come back later or another day. Sometimes we won't even ride a single ride (although we rarely miss DLRR). If we even START to get tired, we leave. No pressure!"

Usually we get that look of revelation at that point.

P.S. We know that some day in the future, we will at some point hear our kids whine: "do we have to go to Disnelymand AGAIN?!?" :eek:

Missing Marbles
01-26-2004, 04:39 PM
Currently, I go to Disney about twice a month. Living in Orange County makes it an easy trip. On occaision, I will go just for a little walk when I have some free time. I can't get enough of DL! I still get excited even after over 40 years of visiting DL. We have been AP holders for the last few years and are still thrilled about it!

Guess that explains my sign in name. :)

Steve

DisneyFan25863
01-26-2004, 04:39 PM
I normally go about once a month. Sometimes, there are those times when I don't go for like months, then go like 5 times in a week. But normally, once a month.

Photographer
01-26-2004, 04:45 PM
When I had my AP, I'd go once a week, at least, unless I was blocked. My friend and I have a running joke where we claim that Disneyland is ours. We had a contest from July - Oct of 2002, whoever went the most won. You had to keep your parking tickets as proof. I won 27 to 17. :D

I moved away from CA in June. Since then I've been to CA twice and DL probably...6 times. I'm going back next month and renewing my pass. :cool:

PineapplePrincess
01-26-2004, 05:01 PM
I go once...twice a week, and have for the past few years since moving to CA.
Of course where did we go this past sept for our two week vacation??? WDW. I am a Disney Geek!!! :D

keschy
01-26-2004, 05:50 PM
In the good old days when I still lived in Los Angeles I would go once a week usually. I especially loved going on Sundays. Now that I live in Oregon I want to visit at least 4 times a year. I really miss Disneyland!

spaced mountain guy
01-26-2004, 06:08 PM
I try to go twice a month. I feel that if I don't go I am going to explode. Most of my friends think I am crazy for going as much as I do. Heck my ex really thinks I am nuts because I go as often as I do:D

cemeinke
01-26-2004, 06:17 PM
Probably an average of once a week - sometimes more. I'm trying to wean myself a way a bit and pay attention to some things outside the Disney realm - still I'm there pretty much weekly.

As for homework, I've certainly known a padder or two that found a perfectly fine study lounge in the Disney Gallery courtyard. I have to confess that when my meetings take me to the OC, I'll swing by the park for a bit and maybe telecommute from there (HINT: Now that Big Thunder is down, the trail is a quiet place to complete phonecalls - no tell-tale music to betray your whereabouts to the person at the other end of the phone)

Disneyfreak
01-26-2004, 06:19 PM
I go about 50 times a year.