PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Mountain Rehab

Disney Village
01-25-2004, 07:43 PM
In addition to the repairs and fixes stemming from the accident last fall, I've seen several pictures on various websites of workers doing rehab work on the ride (painting, welding, etc, etc) in areas that seem not to have been involved in the derailment.

Does anyone know if Disney is taking advantage of the closure to do other rehab work on BTMRR besides work needed to reopen the ride? If so, anyone have any ideas? I'm sure Disney will want the ride to look flawless when it reopens. Also, anyone know when the last rehab done (I'm sure its in some past thread).

Thanks!

ToursbabeC3po
01-25-2004, 08:04 PM
I have no ideal but I heard it is reopening in march!!!! Today was the last day for Indy it is going down for rehab starting tommorow.

DivaPrincess
01-25-2004, 10:26 PM
Big Thunder Mountain is no longer listed on the rehab list for Disneyland starting March 4th. I hope this means it is opening!

Darkbeer
01-25-2004, 10:42 PM
The early March opening is the current plan for Big Thunder, but they still have more work to do, so as with everything at Disney, things are subject to change....

Icy Bacon
01-26-2004, 05:05 PM
Remember that pretty much all of the track got at least a little beatup by the malfunctioning train on its last 1 1/3 runs. They're probably working on clearance issues, and maybe a new braking system, but those are just completely independent guesses on my part.

Whitewing
01-26-2004, 05:16 PM
It would make sense for as much to be done as practical while BTM is closed anyway. That way, they don't have to take it out for rehab again for a while.

Whitewing