PDA

View Full Version : Peter Pan Ride Wait Time

Pages : [1] 2

Lost Boy
01-25-2004, 06:04 PM
Now I already know the answer to this one, from Tony Baxter last Sunday and the NFFC Convention, but I wonder how many here know the answer to this question.

Why is the Peter Pan queue line always at 75+ minutes? One one really busy day last summer, the Peter Pan Ride line stretched all the way out of Fantasyland thru the castle gateway on the East side, past Snow White's Fountain and ended over by the Matterhorn. And the ride wasn't down either. The other Dark Rides also have long lines, but never as long as Peter Pan. Why?

disneydreams
01-25-2004, 06:12 PM
I always think it's cuz it's more fun with the flying ship and everything while the others are just regular cars. And the track is on the ceiling, not on the ground so you're basically flying. AND! isn't there a part where you zoom down or something? That's fun.

just my two cents.

DisneyFan25863
01-25-2004, 06:28 PM
Cars only seat 2-3 people, insted of 4-5 like the other dark rides. It lowers capicaty.

LifelongAngelsFan
01-25-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by disneydreams
I always think it's cuz it's more fun with the flying ship...

That's the reason.

Toad is a close second because of its thrill.

Forbin
01-25-2004, 06:49 PM
Hoho probably the best answer I've seen.

Cadaverous Pallor
01-25-2004, 08:45 PM
People are willing to wait due to the "flying" sensation.

I never realized the cars hold less people! Good call, DisneyFan.

I was there today and I had a 5 minute wait to get on Mansion....but Pan was at least a 45 minute wait, by my estimate. :(

It seems I barely ever go on this ride due to the line. It's sad, really.

disneydreams
01-25-2004, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
It seems I barely ever go on this ride due to the line. It's sad, really.

me too! The only time I go is when the line looks like the rest of the other lines near closing time, not in the morning, I can't wake up. :D

diznydreamr
01-25-2004, 10:04 PM
Well........this is the first ride my kids want to go on when we get to Fantasyland, I just assumed it was because of the flying.
Don't keep us in suspense Lost Boy what is the real reason.

Loric
01-25-2004, 10:38 PM
Itty-bitty ride with an tiny-little capacity...

Are we lookin for some deep philosophical meaning? A grand statistical analysis?

disneydreams
01-25-2004, 11:24 PM
come to think of it, it has been my favorite dark ride in Fantasyland. well I like the movie. and the ship's cool.

second would be Alice in Wonderland, cuz you get to go outside and then back in and they have so many different colored caterpillars :D

EandCDad
01-26-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Lost Boy
Why is the Peter Pan queue line always at 75+ minutes?

I can't add much to the capacity issue and the general popularity of the flying aspect. However, I think its location as basically the first ride you come to in Fantasyland has some impact.

We tend to ride Peter Pan most times we go to the park and I've never waited more than 5 minutes in line. Anyone who is visiting and wants to ride Peter Pan should do two things. Always get to the park before it opens and always ride Peter Pan first. Always.

DonaldDuck14
01-26-2004, 10:51 AM
i remember going to disneyland one summer morning like right after the park opened (it opened at 8am). i got over to peter pan to ride it in like ionno how many years and i was surprised to see there was a 15 minute wait after the park just opened ten minutes ago.

Cadaverous Pallor
01-26-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by EandCDad
Anyone who is visiting and wants to ride Peter Pan should do two things. Always get to the park before it opens and always ride Peter Pan first. Always. Oh, is that all? :rolleyes: ;)

You know, some of us always sleep past 7:30am if we don't have to show up for work. Always. :D

I'm still sad. :(

stan4d_steph
01-26-2004, 01:27 PM
At WDW MK there is a conveyer belt that eases the loading/unloading process. Peter Pan also has FastPass there. They need one at DL.

Loric
01-26-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by stan4d_steph
At WDW MK there is a conveyer belt that eases the loading/unloading process. Peter Pan also has FastPass there. They need one at DL.

You mean to tell me the platform is NOT moving at the same speed as your vehicle?!? :eek:

*passes out*

Locke Aidan
01-26-2004, 01:48 PM
Peter Pan is an omnimover at WDW. This is not true at Disneyland, where it is a standard load/dispatch type ride. Much like Snow White or Pooh.

CaliforniaAdventurer
01-26-2004, 01:55 PM
From what I've read online, this is one of the top 10 rides that they are looking into at Disneyland, along with the Tiki Room, Big Thunder Mtn RR, Big Thunder Ranch and Stage, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear (formerly Rocket Rods queue area) and the Submarine area among others.

I have had the same experience, coming from LA County I never get there before the park opens, there's always a long line, sometimes even into the late hours when you can walk on the other FL attractions, Peter Pan still has a huge line.

I miss it a lot of the time, too, I think I've been on it maybe 4 times out of over 100 visits over the years since I was a kid.

disneydreams
01-26-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Locke Aidan
Peter Pan is an omnimover at WDW. This is not true at Disneyland, where it is a standard load/dispatch type ride. Much like Snow White or Pooh.

yeah I'd just like to confirm that. They only have the conveyer belt/omnimover thing at HM in DL.

CaliforniaAdventurer
01-26-2004, 02:03 PM
Well there was mention that the exit is too narrow for wheelchairs but the ride capacity and loading time is also an issue. Luckily it's so popular, or they probably would have replaced it by now. The horror ! ! !

EandCDad
01-26-2004, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
You know, some of us always sleep past 7:30am if we don't have to show up for work. Always. :D

Slacker!

My advice should be directed mostly at people who might be limiting their Disneyland trips to once a year or so (non-AP's) who only have a limited amount of time to see everything and only one or two chances to see it. Getting into Fantasyland right at opening and riding Peter Pan first has allowed us to ride Peter Pan, Toad, Snow White, Pinocchio, Teacups, Alice, and usually the Storybook boats and the Carousel in about an hour to an hour and a half. Getting to Fantasyland even two hours after opening usually allows someone to only ride Pan or maybe Pan and one other in the same amount of time.

mad4mky
01-26-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by stan4d_steph

Peter Pan has a FP at Disneyland Paris also. :)
It was much needed there, and well used.

Not Afraid
01-26-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by mad4mky
Peter Pan has a FP at Disneyland Paris also. :)
It was much needed there, and well used.

And the ride vehivles have two rows, so it loads a bit haster.

Icy Bacon
01-26-2004, 05:01 PM
Peter Pan really, really needs either 2-row cars, or a tandem loading arrangement (like Splash Mtn). I really don't think either would cost that much unless there was a weight issue, and still the tandem loading would probably still be fine. The thing just has a relatively low capacity and a very high demand.

Lost Boy
01-26-2004, 06:09 PM
Well, all of you who mentioned the capacity problem are right on the money. The ships at Disneyland only hold two people in comfort. Max is 3. It has one of the lowest capacties of any ride/attraction in the Park. All the other Dark Rides can hold 4 people in two rows.

I had never even thought about that before, I just always assumed that it was more popular than the other Dark Rides. Of course, I could be somewhat prejudiced. :D

DrIndianaJones
01-27-2004, 08:17 AM
In order for Pan to have less of a wait time, a refurb of the ride's track will be needed. Remember since it is a suspended ride it can only handle so much weight, so a 4 seater ship can't just be slapped onto the track.

About three weeks ago, I rode Pan as my last ride of the day, it was about 11:45 or so and I didn't exit the ride until 12:30:eek:! The popularity of the ride as well as the max amount of riders combine into one really big mess.