PDA

View Full Version : New Space Mountain Rockets?

Rallymonkey23
01-25-2004, 12:43 PM
I noticed a few Space Mountain Rockets backstage while riding the tram yesterday. I couldn't tell if they were the new rockets or not. Anyone else see them?

AVP
01-25-2004, 12:55 PM
They've been on pallets backstage for a while. I'm failry certain they are the old ones - I saw them clearly when a fence was open, and they were the same grey/blue ones I remember.

There is also a Tom Sawyer raft back there and a Big Thunder engine. But the person to ask would be anyone in ODV....

AVP

MrTomMorrow
01-25-2004, 04:38 PM
When Space Mountain reopens in 2005, will it use rockets like the purple one we saw a picture of last year?

gothemi
01-27-2004, 09:50 PM
Sorry, had to finally stop lurking here and just join.

I think those carts are actually the one's being auctioned off on the Disney/Ebay site. Those carts are on pallets and in a parking lot in the pictures shown for the auction. Maybe that is what is siting out there.

TheatreTech
01-27-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by gothemi
I think those carts are actually the one's being auctioned off on the Disney/Ebay site. Those carts are on pallets and in a parking lot in the pictures shown for the auction. Maybe that is what is siting out there. That's what I thought.

will it use rockets like the purple one we saw a picture of last year?Does anyone have a picture of this...picture? (Or someplace I can find it?)

Polar33
01-27-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by AVP
There is also a Tom Sawyer raft back there and a Big Thunder engine. But the person to ask would be anyone in ODV....

There's a lot of random stuff around our building. The area has been called "the dumping grounds of the Disneyland Resort" by many.

The rockets that are back there are the old ones. No sign of the new ones as of yet. I doubt that any of them are the one that's up on eBay, as that photo was taken someplace off property. From what I recall, they are all intact. Prehaps the plan is to rehab each one to transform it into the new design.

Cadaverous Pallor
01-29-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by TheatreTech
Does anyone have a picture of this...picture? (Or someplace I can find it?) Here's the pic, taken by our very own Zapppop. http://www.mouseplanet.com/david/smrocket1.htm

Disneyfreak
01-29-2004, 06:47 PM
Here is the picture of the new rockets!:)
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4183040&a=31078153&f=0

All That Glitters...
01-29-2004, 11:23 PM
Another reason the rockets at DL are probably not the ones being auctioned off on e-bay: the e-bay info states that the winning bidder may, if he chooses to, pick up the rocket in Glendale.