PDA

View Full Version : Cheap yet interesting idea for restaurant?

Shadowcat
01-24-2004, 10:13 AM
I was sitting down watching the Disney channel with my toddler yesterday and an idea struck me. We were watching House of Mouse, and I was wondering why there isn't a "House of Mouse" restaurant at any of the Disney parks. It doesn't seem like too expensive an idea, nor too difficult. For those who don't know, The House of Mouse is a dinner club run by Mickey and friends that entertains dining guests (all are characters in Disney films) with cartoons.

I was thinking it would be really neat to have a restaurant/attraction that has a big-screen to show Disney cartoons while folks eat. It could be painted up/decorated like the House of Mouse cartoon, with perhaps the chairs painted with the names of the characters that normally sit there. I remember fondly the names on the motorboats and other vehicles in Fantasyland when I was little and how neat it was to see who I would "get". I would think it would be fun for most to sit at the table named after Little Mermaid characters, or Jungle Book animals.

I would definatelly make it a point to eat at a place like that.

Cheers!

BryanPeek
01-24-2004, 10:17 AM
YES! That would be great. THat is a great idea you came up with and I would love to eat at Disney's House of Mouse. Cartoons and food, awesome! And they could have some of the Disney characters walking around, like a character breakfast, or Ariel's Grotto. Although, I wouldn't be sure where'd they put such a restaurant...Maybe the Hollywood Backlot?

teri
01-24-2004, 10:38 AM
The kids would love it. No question about it. That would be an excellent addition to the Hollywood Backlot at DCA.

Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary Resort in WDW is constantly busy. The ABC Commissary, which runs non-stop ABC commercials, would be a natural for this conversion at MGM Studios -- the TVs are already there.

dsnylndmom
01-24-2004, 01:46 PM
I've often thought the same thing! House of Mouse would make a great restaurant idea! I know that both of my boys(5 & 9)would absolutely love it.

Polar33
01-24-2004, 05:24 PM
I think it's a great idea. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=223430#post223430)

Forbin
01-24-2004, 06:59 PM
Hehe so move the Animation studio into a restaurant?

My daughter lives there already, hehe now we have a place to eat in DCA :)

Cadaverous Pallor
01-24-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Polar33
I think it's a great idea. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=223430#post223430) Ok, Polar now has official gloating dibs if Disney actually uses the idea. :D