PDA

View Full Version : Does Disney just look the other way?

snappy
01-24-2004, 09:45 AM
Curious,

With all the Disney Fanatics (Including myself) what does the Disney Company think about all the information we read and leak out (not always fact) about their parks. (Disneyland and DCA) Do you think they Disney even cares about what we discuss? Do they have people reading this stuff to get insights on how to improve the parks? Just curious. Thanks. Views please...
Have a nice day...:)

Not Afraid
01-24-2004, 10:10 AM
Yes, the read the boards and the articles in the various sites. Disney is one big information collection machine. They don't have to pay anyone to administer posts on the boards.;)

ToursbabeC3po
01-24-2004, 05:29 PM
I know for a fact they read this board I found that out today:-)

Forbin
01-24-2004, 06:57 PM
Hehe did someone just walk up to you and said 'I know who you are!' :)

Cadaverous Pallor
01-24-2004, 10:46 PM
Sometimes I wonder if we've ever had a Disney-hired "mole" actually posting here....spreading rumors, testing ideas..... :eek:

DisneyFan25863
01-24-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
Sometimes I wonder if we've ever had a Disney-hired "mole" actually posting here....spreading rumors, testing ideas..... :eek:

Thanks for blowing my cover, CP! :rolleyes:

Germboy
01-25-2004, 02:27 AM
The amount of cast members on these boards is overwhelming.

For a while, some of them bashed everything us "complainers" were complaining about. I notice that many of them have "given up" (not all, of course) defending the company's position.

Many stopped posting when Cynthia Hariss was booted. Do you think there's a correlation?

Who was the robot guy from Northern California that was a castmember? Are you still around robot? Been curious for a while. I wonder if he still works for the company.

adriennek
01-25-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by snappy
Do you think they Disney even cares about what we discuss? Do they have people reading this stuff to get insights on how to improve the parks? Just curious. Thanks. Views please...

Well, Save Disney (www.savedisney.com) links to MousePlanet and MousePad...

Without a doubt, the answer is yes. I have heard all sorts of stories. I know of managers of certain locations of the company (not just parks) who read the boards to make sure that their staffs are not posting on them. (Now, I wonder how many people are thinking I'm talking about them.. I won't give you any clues, LOL!) I know of articles getting printed up and taken into meetings or referenced by managers at various locations.

I'm sure that they read some comments and take them more seriously than others. They may take some comments too seriously and others not seriously enough. But I know "they" read.

Oh, and Germboy, I know CMs who post but don't ID themselves as such, other CMs who leave the company, some CMs who post in waves. And I know many CMs who don't defend the company. There are many who stopped posting before Cynthia resigned and many who never stopped.

Adrienne

LFuzzy
01-25-2004, 05:46 PM
The management is certainly aware that CM post. That is why they keep everything secret (as much as possible). Bottom line is
that people 'in the know' are relunctant to talk, because it will end up on a web site somewhere. Don't believe all that you hear.
:D

-LF

Cadaverous Pallor
01-25-2004, 08:49 PM
I know one person that used to post here, became a CM, kept it from the boards that he had been hired, and then stopped posting altogether.

I appreciate those CMs that do post here with info from the inside. But I know that they may be running a risk of getting in trouble for it.