PDA

View Full Version : Dumbo closing?

Tdavis
07-23-2017, 08:06 PM
I just heard a rumor that disneyland is removing the dumbo ride! Is this true? Has anyone heard anything?

sjhanksaz
07-24-2017, 02:55 PM
I have not heard this. Disneyworld has a Twin Dumbo thing going on, two of them side by side. What else would they put there? A shop to sell us more stuff?

cstephens
07-24-2017, 06:41 PM
Rumours happen all the time. There's a reason they're called rumours. Also, not all rumours are created equal.

Tdavis
07-25-2017, 07:55 PM
Sorry false alarm lol its disneyworld not dl

Tdavis
07-25-2017, 07:59 PM
Apparently they are closing the disneyworld one i was goint to be mad we have young kids and I would hate to lose any more kid friendly attractions! Bring back country bear jamboree!

cstephens
07-25-2017, 08:08 PM
Sorry false alarm lol its disneyworld not dl

I wouldn't believe that either.

cstephens
07-25-2017, 08:10 PM
i was goint to be mad we have young kids and I would hate to lose any more kid friendly attractions! Bring back country bear jamboree!

Technically, if you're talking solely "kid friendly", the attraction where Country Bear Jamboree used to be is now the Pooh ride, which is still kid friendly. So, a kid friendly attraction wasn't lost - it was just replaced.

candles71
07-25-2017, 08:39 PM
I wouldn't believe that either. Not when they just spent a bunch to make it 2, or is it 3, Dumbo rides.

Dave1313
07-26-2017, 02:42 AM
I wouldn't believe that either.

+1.

Though I did just take a quick look at Google Earth to see if there was a chance it could be impacted (even if temporarily) when they start to construct Tron.

It wouldn't seem likely. I can easily see them needing to temporarily shutter the Speedway a for a few short periods when they build Tron though, since the concept art did seem to show a roof support slightly in the Speedway area.

Not when they just spent a bunch to make it 2, or is it 3, Dumbo rides.

It's only two ;) (though I'm pretty sure you were joking!).

candles71
07-26-2017, 09:46 AM
No. Unfortunately. Too much stress in my life currently and my brain is only half functioning. I truly couldn't remember. Also, we missed a lot of FL when we went to WDW our 1 and only time in September. Thanks. 2 Dumbos.

pretty Omi
07-26-2017, 10:42 AM
Technically, if you're talking solely "kid friendly", the attraction where Country Bear Jamboree used to be is now the Pooh ride, which is still kid friendly. So, a kid friendly attraction wasn't lost - it was just replaced.

After recently seeing the Country Bear Jamboree, I'd even argue if it's wholly kid friendly if you listen to the lyrics of those songs LOL

sjhanksaz
07-26-2017, 04:31 PM
After recently seeing the Country Bear Jamboree, I'd even argue if it's wholly kid friendly if you listen to the lyrics of those songs LOL

There was blood on the saddle.
And blood all around.
And a great big puddle
Of blood on the ground.

SteveMartin
07-26-2017, 08:16 PM
And blood all around.
And a great big puddle
Of blood on the ground.

My favorite CBJ tune!

sjhanksaz
07-26-2017, 09:21 PM
My favorite CBJ tune!

I want to hear a Remixed version at a rave next week

wabby1
08-02-2017, 06:45 AM
I can't imagine D/L removing Dumbo....it's an iconic, original attraction......and I applaud D/L for keeping some of the originals intact.

olegc
08-02-2017, 09:53 AM
And blood all around.
And a great big puddle
Of blood on the ground.

Momma don't whup little Buford...
I think you should shoot him instead... BANG!