PDA

View Full Version : No more Build A Bear at DTD

Pages : [1] 2

BlkPearlCptn
07-23-2017, 04:10 PM
Justcsaw where Disney announced that BaB, Ridemakers, and the hat shop would be closing end of Sept to make way for new restaurants. They said while each of the businesses were doing well and extremely popular they felt that more restaurants were needed. They also said if they could find another place to put them they would but do not have any places as of now. I am so upset. I have a large BaB collection and over half have come from DTD and are park exclusives

LdyApxr
07-23-2017, 04:34 PM
That's a bummer. My son has been collecting BaBs since he was 8 and he is 19 now. He doesn't make them any more but he has a large collection that he won't part with. LOL We've only shopped at the DTD store once but we also did a Ridemakerz back in 2012 and that was a lot of fun too.

sjhanksaz
07-24-2017, 02:56 PM
Good bye. I will not miss you

pretty Omi
07-26-2017, 10:50 AM
Two other Build a Bears closed in Orange County over the last few years, making this the most central and easy to get to location for me. I always loved the extra inventory, you could find older animals here, or just more variety than the smaller shops at the mall. It was a nice bonus getting to use my AP discount too. Really bummed it's going to be gone :(

sjhanksaz
07-26-2017, 04:30 PM
So my girls all went through the stuffed animal stage.

Now 80% or more are going to good will. I see hundreds of dollars going away including many build a bear. I wish I now had all those dollars back

Berry Princess
07-27-2017, 06:57 AM
So my girls all went through the stuffed animal stage.

Now 80% or more are going to good will. I see hundreds of dollars going away including many build a bear. I wish I now had all those dollars back

Someone in my city has been sending so many to a thrift store here. Which I ended up getting the Frozen bears and Olaf in brand new condition. One with her outfit and working sound chip too. The other had a Sleeping Beauty dress on. Which my daughter put on her puppy she did at BaB the first time we ever did it. So ended up with a set that each cost from $4-8. We have ones we had done at BaB over the years. My daughter did a Rapunzel one last time she got one. I know for us those are things that stay and would not be given away. I would give away the cheap whatever kinds of plush before those go. My oldest had loved Minnie Mouse when he was little and we have a bunch of Minnie beanies that I packed away in a tub.

I know we are disappointed this is happening. Its the only reason we would go in DTD really. We don't go there to eat at all as its not options we have a desire for or can't find some option similar to it in the parks. Instead of building that bowling alley they could have added more restaurants right there if they had thought about it. Really, to many food places is not always a good thing.

CariBelle
07-27-2017, 08:46 AM
Now I really wish we had gone in and created a BaB on our last trip! My daughter is too young to appreciate it, so we thought we would wait a year or so.
We currently have one at our local mall, but it's not the same lol

I also used to work at BaB in college!

candles71
07-27-2017, 01:39 PM
I read it is a Disney decision rather than BaB. I am hoping they may move that location into the Garden Walk.

Berry Princess
07-27-2017, 01:54 PM
I read it is a Disney decision rather than BaB. I am hoping they may move that location into the Garden Walk.

Yes because they feel they need more restaurants. :eyeroll: Meanwhile BaB was doing just find so I can imagine they would prefer to stay if they could. Good idea about moving to the Garden Walk. We have never even been over there ourselves still. Have had no reason to really but this is something that would give reason to go once in awhile. Especially if they are able to still do the special Disney ones.

candles71
07-27-2017, 02:25 PM
We walked through Garden Walk once, in 2010. It was so dead except the front where the restaurants were. I think House of Blues moving over there would draw some people over. I know I will likely make that trek at least once. Build a Bear would also be a draw.

Berry Princess
07-27-2017, 02:39 PM
Agree. I know we hadn't been to House of Blues since 2006 in DTD. We haven't looked to see who was playing yet over there since it moved. Yet that would get us there if its a band we want to see for sure. Throw in Build a Bear and its another reason to pop in once in awhile.

candles71
07-27-2017, 02:41 PM
Agree. I know we hadn't been to House of Blues since 2006 in DTD. We haven't looked to see who was playing yet over there since it moved. Yet that would get us there if its a band we want to see for sure. Throw in Build a Bear and its another reason to pop in once in awhile.
Back Street Boys and Billy Idol have played already. There have been several that I would have seen if only I lived in SoCal.

Berry Princess
07-27-2017, 03:11 PM
Back Street Boys and Billy Idol have played already. There have been several that I would have seen if only I lived in SoCal.

Well shame we missed Billy Idol but we had just bought tickets not long before that for Jim Heath and Dale Watson at the Regent so we had to skip it. I did see Aaron Lewis is going to be there in Sept. Will have to keep checking to see what else pops up. Only issue I have is buying tickets through Live Nation and all the fees that come with it.

binki
07-27-2017, 03:55 PM
They do need more food options there, it is packed at dinner time.

olegc
08-03-2017, 09:29 AM
It may not be new dining at all

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/star-wars-vr-disneyland-void-1202514361/amp/

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Berry Princess
08-03-2017, 10:30 AM
Not my kind of thing at all. I don't know if many others end up thinking this way when they see the whole helmet and eye wear that ends up shared but I can't help but always think of lice and pink eye. LOL

sjhanksaz
08-03-2017, 01:43 PM
Not my kind of thing at all. I don't know if many others end up thinking this way when they see the whole helmet and eye wear that ends up shared but I can't help but always think of lice and pink eye. LOL

Ever sit in a movie theater and just hope there is no lice on the chair your head is wresting on?

Berry Princess
08-03-2017, 02:18 PM
Ever sit in a movie theater and just hope there is no lice on the chair your head is wresting on?

Oh yeah. I rarely go to the theater but that has more to do with nothing I ever want to see. LOL I am not a germophobe or anything either but have those times when its just something I think of.

Janis and Aaron
08-03-2017, 06:54 PM

...not until now...:crying:

cstephens
08-17-2017, 06:32 AM
It may not be new dining at all

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/star-wars-vr-disneyland-void-1202514361/amp/

There are a bunch of news reports today that Disney Vault and Fossil will be closed to put in the Star Wars VR experience.

Berry Princess
08-17-2017, 07:25 AM
Does anyone know the official closing date for BaB? I know they are saying end of Sept but wanted to know about when. Daughter wants to go build one last time.

olegc
08-17-2017, 10:47 AM
There are a bunch of news reports today that Disney Vault and Fossil will be closed to put in the Star Wars VR experience.Right. Always some surprises....

sjhanksaz
08-18-2017, 09:15 AM
Right. Always some surprises....

I hope they don't close the Blockbuster too!

AVP
08-20-2017, 02:51 PM
Does anyone know the official closing date for BaB? I know they are saying end of Sept but wanted to know about when. Daughter wants to go build one last time.The employees at Ridemakers were told they close September 18th. I haven't heard the official date for Build a Bear.

Berry Princess
08-20-2017, 03:28 PM
The employees at Ridemakers were told they close September 18th. I haven't heard the official date for Build a Bear.

Thanks AVP for that.