PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Pier Hotel

DisneyBob
01-23-2004, 09:39 PM
Hi everyone!
Some of my friends are taking advantage of the Super Sundays for Annual Passholders at the PP Hotel. I am going along...and am pretty excited. After all my years in Socal and going to Disneyland, this will be my first time in a Disneyland Resort Hotel.
My question is... Does the PP hotel have its own entrance into DCA?
If not, is there easy access to the parks?
Thanks!

Darkbeer
01-23-2004, 09:51 PM
Here is a photo album showing the special path from PPH to DCA...

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4088391&a=30555099&f=0

But remember, that many days DCA opens later than Disneyland does, and if you want to go to Disneyland, you need to walk about a 1/2 mile thru all of Downtown Disney to get to the Main Entry Plaza.... And of course, DCA always closes earlier than Disneyland

SoCalDisneyLover
01-23-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Darkbeer
and if you want to go to Disneyland, you need to walk about a 1/2 mile thru all of Downtown Disney to get to the Main Entry Plaza....

You can also take the Monorail straight into Tomorrowland instead of walking.

Darkbeer
01-23-2004, 10:18 PM
Taking the Monorail is not a good strategy first thing in the morning, especially if you are planning to hit Fantasyland prior to the crowds.... get to the Main Entry Plaza gates about 1/2 hour before opening, get into the park, and when they allow folks into the park, you should be about 20 minutes ahead of someone who decided to use the Monorail... going back is a good option, though they cut off the line about 10 minutes before park closing...

You still have about a 1/4 mile walk from the Monorail station to the PPH lobby.

MrTomMorrow
01-23-2004, 11:54 PM
The path from Paradise Pier Hotel to DCA is kind of cool. It's really secluded and there are a lot of plants growing around. I felt as if I was going through a secret entrance into the park. Then all of a sudden, you're at the park and there are the ticket-takers