PDA

View Full Version : A question for CMs

Magicinthestars
01-23-2004, 09:25 AM
A Question for CMs

I was wondering if any of you could help answer some of my questions about working at Disneyland? First off, what is the advancement or career path I should follow to work at Guest Relations and earn my golden "D" pin? What is the test and the process like? Is there any other advice I should know?

I will be graduating from the Univ. of Oregon next Winter with a BS in PR and PS and I am wanting to move down to SoCal. It's been by dream for as long as I can remember to work for Disney and share the magic. I can see myself being happy in numerous positions across the company.

Do you have any advice on where I should start? Also, does Disney hire newbees straight into professional positions (IE Corporate or etc.)? What is the salary for a Guest Relations position? What about a lead position?

Any advice all you wonderful CMs would like to share is greatly appreciated:D

Magicinthestars

MykeXero
01-23-2004, 09:33 AM
I cant say for guest relations so much, but pending on the needs of the company they do hire staight into Salary positions (most likely in TDA though).

The pay for Guest Relations is OKAY and above most other hourly spots in the park, but its not salaried and is an insult to anyone with a Degree (as ANY hourly position in the park is)

Dont make 20k a year, when you can make much much more, with that Degree.

Forbin
01-23-2004, 10:04 AM
You probably want to apply at Disney in Burbank and not Disney in Anaheim if you have a degree.

danyoung
01-23-2004, 01:57 PM
Try this website - http://disney.go.com/DisneyCareers/

It's their official job posting site, covering parks, TV, corporate and ships. Good luck!

Lady
01-23-2004, 07:56 PM
Magicinthestars,

I actually tried to go the route you are thinking about but it didn't work out well for me. Disney doesn't seem to hire any straight out of college grads unless they majored in business (finance) and/or computer science. Even then, you kinda need to have a contact in the company to get your resume read by more than a computer.

Your best bet would be to try to get some work experience (2-3 years) at other companies before you try to become a Disney suit. Not only will it give you something substantial to market, but you might also develop some useful contacts which are invaluable in the entertainment industry.

Good luck!

stan4d_steph
01-23-2004, 08:33 PM
Be sure to check with the career center on campus to see if Disney will be doing any on-campus recruiting. They came to Stanford every year when I was there ('92-'96), mainly looking for industrial engineering students. It's worth a try. It's a good way to get a face-to-face interview instead of just sending your resume into the void. Good luck.