PDA

View Full Version : No More Hand Stamps?

Pages : [1] 2

tea4two
07-13-2017, 01:43 AM
Someone on Facebook posted that there will be no more hand stamps. From now on all tickets, but not APs, will have a photo taken at the turnstiles. Has anyone else heard anything about this? Could it be connected to MaxPass/FP in order to have a photo on file for each ticket for some reason?

Malcon10t
07-13-2017, 05:37 AM
Someone on Facebook posted that there will be no more hand stamps. From now on all tickets, but not APs, will have a photo taken at the turnstiles. Has anyone else heard anything about this? Could it be connected to MaxPass/FP in order to have a photo on file for each ticket for some reason?All tickets except 1 day tickets have had to have pictures for at least a year. This is simply adding 1 days to the group.

candles71
07-13-2017, 06:42 AM
All tickets except 1 day tickets have had to have pictures for at least a year. This is simply adding 1 days to the group.
Our last trip was March 2016 and no hand stamps for anything except a one day.

lweigel
07-13-2017, 10:50 AM
This makes sense but I got a little sad, nostalgic, because when i was younger it was always fun to see what character you got for the day whe u left to go back to the hotel for an afternoon swim

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

indiejones
07-13-2017, 11:54 AM
Just saw it on the news up here in Sacramento too. Hand stamps no longer happening, photos linked to tickets for all re entry.

jmorgan
07-14-2017, 11:05 AM
This makes sense but I got a little sad, nostalgic, because when i was younger it was always fun to see what character you got for the day whe u left to go back to the hotel for an afternoon swim

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

It too makes me a little sad. I have fond memories as a kid coming back to the park to see if the stamp was still there after swimming. When I brought my own kids to the park when they were young they were excited to get a hand stamp. Even when we would leave for the final time in the evening, they insisted on getting one.

familymemories
07-14-2017, 12:52 PM
This is good to know since our trip is next month.

bumblebeeonarose
07-14-2017, 07:24 PM
All tickets except 1 day tickets have had to have pictures for at least a year. This is simply adding 1 days to the group.

Yeah. That was my thought too. Freshbaked was mentioning the picture thing like it was news and a possible slow down. But they have been taking pictures for several years now of everyone but one day tickets. So it isn't a big change.

My kids also liked the hand stamps. I feel bad that I didn't let them get more of them on our last trip since they're discontinued.

tea4two
07-14-2017, 09:45 PM

I knew about the multi-day tickets, but didn't know that single day tickets had been added to the list. At least now there is a consistent policy for all tickets.

danyoung
07-18-2017, 10:50 AM
All of the turnstiles are equipped with cameras, and all of the CMs are trained in how to take a picture. I was just there with a 4 day pass, and had my picture taken for it.

And no, they weren't stamping hands.

danyoung
07-18-2017, 10:51 AM
All of the turnstiles are equipped with cameras, and all of the CMs are trained in how to take a picture. I was just there with a 4 day pass, and had my picture taken for it.

And no, they weren't stamping hands.

Janis and Aaron
07-21-2017, 04:34 PM
Could they PLEASE add AP-only lanes to the entrance? I hate getting delayed behind people who need photos taken for their tickets. I know it's a minor gripe and probably only causes a delay of 2 minutes at the most, but it's my biggest pet peeve. It doesn't even have to be an AP-only line, just a "pictures not needed" line.

Berry Princess
07-21-2017, 05:59 PM
Could they PLEASE add AP-only lanes to the entrance? I hate getting delayed behind people who need photos taken for their tickets. I know it's a minor gripe and probably only causes a delay of 2 minutes at the most, but it's my biggest pet peeve. It doesn't even have to be an AP-only line, just a "pictures not needed" line.

Actually a line for those needing pictures would be a good idea. Wouldn't need to many turnstyles for it I bet too. There is no way to do an AP only or pics not needed since those would be lone waits but pics needed only would be a good idea. Maybe during times like summer or holidays open a few more then you would normally need.

cstephens
07-22-2017, 05:43 AM
Actually a line for those needing pictures would be a good idea.

The problem I see with that would be people who don't know that they need a picture. If they haven't heard that single-day ticket holders or don't know that multi-day ticket holders on their first day need a picture, they'd just get in a regular line. Kind of like how people at the Anaheim park can't figure out that a "no bags" line means you aren't carrying a bag of any sort. People mess stuff up!

Berry Princess
07-22-2017, 11:16 AM
The problem I see with that would be people who don't know that they need a picture. If they haven't heard that single-day ticket holders or don't know that multi-day ticket holders on their first day need a picture, they'd just get in a regular line. Kind of like how people at the Anaheim park can't figure out that a "no bags" line means you aren't carrying a bag of any sort. People mess stuff up!

Sadly that is the truth isn't it? Some wouldn't care and think they could go over since it might be a shorter line too...which those are the kind that usually get attitude when told they need to go to the other one. LOL

Malcon10t
07-22-2017, 04:21 PM
Could they PLEASE add AP-only lanes to the entrance? I hate getting delayed behind people who need photos taken for their tickets. I know it's a minor gripe and probably only causes a delay of 2 minutes at the most, but it's my biggest pet peeve. It doesn't even have to be an AP-only line, just a "pictures not needed" line.I love this idea, but was also there when they tried. It was a riot.... "I have an AP, but my nephew doesn't", "I have an AP, and the 20 of us are together, 5 have new tickets, 3 are on military tickets...", etc.... Plus 50+% are AP holders on an average day. So "an" AP only line would get backed up big time.

candles71
07-22-2017, 07:00 PM
I actually watched an older, not elderly, but older couple at Epcot. Husband was walking towards the no bag line his wife said she needed to go to bag check. Held out her purse. He said That's a bag? :/ I just thought of all the times people here suggest they need a no bag line, or (insert sub category of your choice) line at DL.

Berry Princess
07-22-2017, 08:41 PM
I actually watched an older, not elderly, but older couple at Epcot. Husband was walking towards the no bag line his wife said she needed to go to bag check. Held out her purse. He said That's a bag? :/ I just thought of all the times people here suggest they need a no bag line, or (insert sub category of your choice) line at DL.

Great example of why it doesn't always work to do these things. You will always have someone that thinks they are the exception because one in the part has no bag or has an AP or whatever.

cstephens
07-23-2017, 08:51 AM
I actually watched an older, not elderly, but older couple at Epcot. Husband was walking towards the no bag line his wife said she needed to go to bag check. Held out her purse. He said That's a bag? :/

I remember when they tried a no bag line at DL, one woman tried going through that line. The CM said she had to go through a regular line. The woman said she didn't have a bag. The CM pointed at the not-tiny fanny pack she was wearing. The woman insisted that wasn't a bag.

Berry Princess
07-23-2017, 09:06 AM
I remember when they tried a no bag line at DL, one woman tried going through that line. The CM said she had to go through a regular line. The woman said she didn't have a bag. The CM pointed at the not-tiny fanny pack she was wearing. The woman insisted that wasn't a bag.

This is where every excuse one would try to come up with for why its not a bag would come into play. Well no that is a purse, a clutch, a backpack, and so on. With the smart remarks that the sign doesn't say this or that. Sad really.

LdyApxr
07-23-2017, 03:32 PM

"Wait, are you telling me my purse is a bag? I have you know it's a Dooney! ;) And my diaper hobo is not a diaper bag. It is specifically marketed as a hobo. Well I just never! Hmmmph! I'm never coming here again!" LMAO

Berry Princess
07-23-2017, 05:49 PM
"Wait, are you telling me my purse is a bag? I have you know it's a Dooney! ;) And my diaper hobo is not a diaper bag. It is specifically marketed as a hobo. Well I just never! Hmmmph! I'm never coming here again!" LMAO

But wait does it mean more if it has a Disney theme? Will my Beauty and the Beast Loungefly get be through that no bag line? :D

LdyApxr
07-23-2017, 06:39 PM
But wait does it mean more if it has a Disney theme? Will my Beauty and the Beast Loungefly get be through that no bag line? :D

Well my Dooney is Disney so I am going through that no-bag line and y'all can wait behind me while I argue and hold up the line!! :cool:

jswtsang
08-20-2017, 04:02 PM
This is actually good news for me, my son hates getting his hand stamped as he has autism, and while I can explain that he has issues with a hand stamp and can I get stamped twice or whatever, my son often holds his and up to be stamped and then has an epic meltdown because there's a stamp on him. I think we went to the plaza inn for Minnie and friends and he cried so much that a cast member gave him an honorary citizen badge. While I appreciate how nice he was to us, it's always easier for us to just blend in with the crowd and get no special treatment.

DMommyP
08-20-2017, 06:08 PM
Guess it takes a while to update signage. As we were getting off the Monorail at Downtown Disney, the overhead sign reads something along the lines of "Don't forget to get your hand stamp." :eyeroll: