PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones Adventure

CoasterMatt
01-22-2004, 07:09 AM
So, did Indy close for rehab?

If so, the Two-fer people are sure not gonna be very pleased (not that I care) :~D

nursemelis374
01-22-2004, 10:04 AM
It wasn't closed yesterday!

TwinGemII
01-22-2004, 10:49 AM
I think they kept it open for the holiday weekend, but it should be closing this week.

It will be closed until APRIL 2004!!! *SIGH* seems like such a long ways a way, but hopefully things will be working better...

Hhhmmm...should we hold our breath? :p

CoasterMatt
01-22-2004, 11:00 AM
not unless you want to add an interesting new corpse to the attraction

MrTomMorrow
01-22-2004, 11:40 AM
Although I'm sad that it's going to be gone for so long, I'm glad they're spending so much time to fix up the ride. It has been looking pretty shabby lately.

It would be really neat if they could install the cool smoke ring effect that is in Tokyo DisneySea's version of Indy. It would go in the area where the transport currently stalls in the darkness.

Demigod121
01-22-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by CoasterMatt
not unless you want to add an interesting new corpse to the attraction

What, besides the three corpses that are supposed to be "Indy"?

Last time I went, the animatronic Indys about acted like corpses.

:D

-Demigod

Darkbeer
01-22-2004, 12:29 PM
It is scheduled to close on January 26th.

Morrigoon
01-22-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by TwinGemII
It will be closed until APRIL 2004!!! *SIGH* seems like such a long ways a way, but hopefully things will be working better...

Heh, you say the year like it isn't currently 2004, LOL. It's 3 months. Long rehab, but it's (I believe) the first one it'll have, so not too shabby. (The design of Indy was supposed to eliminate the need to rehab, as vehicles could be removed and worked on individually, or so I was told, but we all know that effects need sprucing up once in a while too) And queues redesigned....

Disneyfreak
01-22-2004, 09:48 PM
Are you joking.... This ride is in horrible condition! Most of the effects dont even work anymore, and the vehicles dont feel like they did when they were new. This ride deserves the 3 months if not more for the service it has given to the park. This ride must have like set a record for being the most complicated ride to never go under a refurbishment for more then a week or even a day for that matter. I still cant believe it lasted 9 years without a rehab, and I give the imagineers a lot of credit for designing it that way. But nothing is invincible and doesn't last forever so naturally it would need a refub some time.:p

TheatreTech
01-23-2004, 07:41 PM
It was open today. (23 Jan.)

SoCalDisneyLover
01-23-2004, 07:44 PM
It was open today, and WILL BE OPEN THROUGH SUNDAY.

It has been said at least a couple of times in this thread already. It's not scheduled to go into refurb until Monday January 26.

MonorailMan
01-23-2004, 07:47 PM
Nice. I can get a ride in on Sunday. :)

MotorBoat Cruiser
01-23-2004, 09:41 PM
So, here is a dumb question...

I rode Indy for the first time last August. ( I know, I know) Therefore, I don't know which effects haven't been working. Can anyone fill me in? I hope they are able to get it back to it's original condition.

I rode it tonight and it was cool as always. The only thing that always bugs me is that when you see indy right before you return to the queu, he is so freakin loud! Does this bug anyone else? I usually cover my ears at that point. And this is coming from someone that has played in loud rock and roll bands all my life.

MrTomMorrow
01-23-2004, 11:51 PM
The whole ride is ear-splitting-ly loud. I guess you don't notice it because of all the action going on. In fact, I think it really adds to the excitement of the ride. However, once the ride calms down a bit, you notice just how loud the ride is... hence Indy sounding the way he does.

I've noticed just walking into the temple that it's really loud in the queue, too. Once I walk into the temple, I have to start shouting because they have that atmospheric cave soundtrack playing so loudly. I guess it really adds to the atmosphere. I can't complain.

BTW, Michelle "Fab" Smith is reporting that Indy is getting "new special effects" and a "new snake."

Disneyfreak
01-24-2004, 05:16 PM
Hey, be lucky they dont turn off the soundtrack completely!:D
They did it to the matterhorn, and they can do it to Indy so I wouldn't complain. I love how loud it is because of the excitement that is happening.

ToursbabeC3po
01-24-2004, 05:25 PM
I wish they would keep it up until Thunder reopens in march....Unless of course it is a safety reason like resonable wear and tear on the structure of the ride.

DrIndianaJones
01-24-2004, 07:41 PM
I would be surprised if it is finished on time, there is so much to be done, I don't think that 2.5 months will be enough.

Disneyfreak
01-24-2004, 08:25 PM
I dont think it will be finished either because of all the problems they have to address. For a proper refurb on this ride, it needs about 4 months. Everything is falling apart right now. These are the things I noticed that need to be fixed:

1.Generator prop needs to be worked on.
2.Lines need to be reworked to accomedate fastpass.
3.Gum needs to be taken off the statues and they need to be cleaned.
4.Queue poles need to be fixed on the bridge going up to the temple.
5.Paint outside
6.Cave needs to be touched up with gold paint.
7.Spike room pole needs to be fixed with a new pole.
8.Cars need to be reprogramed and fix glitches in the ride where music cuts out etc.
9.The three doors need to be fixed because they dont light up sometimes. Last time none of the doors worked and they just had one always open.
10.Maura needs to be fixed, effects dont work all the time.
11.Lighting bulbs in wall need to be replaced, they are not as bright as they used to be.
12.Maura in main room needs to be fixed with the beam of light that makes things explode around you.
13. 60mph winds in mummy room needs to be fixed.
14. Mummy room needs to be repainted with florescent paint and blacklight bulbs replaced.
15. Bug room projection lights need to be changed out and fixed. One or the other usually doesnt work. There are a total of 2 projectors.
16. Lava water needs to be fixed to look more like lava. It looks like water not lava. I think this has to do with a lighting problem in the water.
17. All Animitronics need to be fixed up due to wear and tear.
18. Gas making fire needs to be worked on so all gas burns up so the gas doesnt go into the air.
19. Boulder room lighting and strobes need to be fixed up.
20. Adjust Indy's volume at the end.

It would be cool if they added things like the ring of fire effect that is in tokyo, and if they could fix and mod the ice machine.:)
This would be a lengthy refurb if they were going to do all the things listed. But yet again they will be cheap.:rolleyes:

DrIndianaJones
01-24-2004, 08:28 PM
Note: there is only one "room", but the doorway room moves so as give the illusion that you are going into another room.
Also it is Mara, not Maura.;)

SoCalDisneyLover
01-24-2004, 11:45 PM
Of those 20 items, how many do you really think they're going to address? How many of them do you even think they know about or care to even fix?

Disney's track record has shown that when people here post about problems on rides, Disney usually only corrects a small portion of them during a refurb. We'll see if things have changed at all, but I won't be surprised if the refurb gets extended...nor will I be shocked if they only fix a couple of the noticeable necessities on the ride.