PDA

View Full Version : Whitewater Snacks

Werner
01-21-2004, 10:46 PM
Where is this wonderful place? In the Grand Californian itself? If I exit Disneyland how do I get there? Do I have to buy admission into DCA? Thanks.

Not Afraid
01-21-2004, 10:50 PM
It IS in the GC. It is close to the pool at the far end of the walkway surrounding the insite courtyard. From the lobby, go out the door near Acorns, pass Storytellers, make a right at Napa Rose, pass the DCA entrance and it will be on your left.

Werner
01-21-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
It IS in the GC. It is close to the pool at the far end of the walkway surrounding the insite courtyard. From the lobby, go out the door near Acorns, pass Storytellers, make a right at Napa Rose, pass the DCA entrance and it will be on your left.

Thanks!

tod
01-22-2004, 07:24 AM
Take the Grand Californian exit out of DCA, make a left at the end of the walkway, keep your eye on the left. You'll see the Arcade, Health Club, restrooms, and White Water Snacks (maybe even in that order).

And don't tell everybody about it. It's plenty crowded as it is.

--T

Forbin
01-22-2004, 08:39 AM
If you go into the GC from DCA, can you get back into the park without a hotel key?

Example, I went with some friends to Paradise Pier from DCA and when I left them I found out I couldn't get back into the DCA gate without my key (Gate was locked) I had to stick around until someone else let me in with their group.

Not Afraid
01-22-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Forbin
If you go into the GC from DCA, can you get back into the park without a hotel key?

Example, I went with some friends to Paradise Pier from DCA and when I left them I found out I couldn't get back into the DCA gate without my key (Gate was locked) I had to stick around until someone else let me in with their group.

There are gate guards at the GD entrance to DCA, just the like the Esplanade entrance. They do the same search and scan your card/ticket. They have never shecked for a room key.

Duane
01-22-2004, 09:41 AM
Werner- Whitewater is located near the fitness center. I am curious why you refer to it as a wonderful place. Basically, it's a snack shop which sells beverages, sandwiches, chips, salads, and desserts. This seems pretty basic to me.

Cadaverous Pallor
01-22-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Duane
I am curious why you refer to it as a wonderful place. Basically, it's a snack shop which sells beverages, sandwiches, chips, salads, and desserts. This seems pretty basic to me. Well, I think it's wonderful because it's cheaper than many other DLR eateries, it's usually not too busy, and you can access it without entering a park. Perfect for pre-Mouse Adventure meet ups. :D

cstephens
01-22-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Duane
Werner- Whitewater is located near the fitness center. I am curious why you refer to it as a wonderful place. Basically, it's a snack shop which sells beverages, sandwiches, chips, salads, and desserts. This seems pretty basic to me.

I think it's basically pretty wonderful.

innerSpaceman
01-22-2004, 11:31 AM
The food from the kitchen is a cut above what's to be found in Disneyland, and for a fraction of the price. AP discount is available. Portions are large enough so that my b.f. and I can easily split a French Dip and French Fries and have the cheapest, bestest lunch in the resort.

EandCDad
01-22-2004, 03:01 PM
The food is good, they give an AP discount, the burgers are better than most places in the resort, they have a nice selection which helps when you have a family that doesn't want the same thing, you can buy a travel mug and get free drinks for life, it's usually not very crowded, it's quiet, its......wonderful.

DisneyFan25863
01-22-2004, 03:05 PM
The French Toast Sticks are really, really good too :D