PDA

View Full Version : How Far in Walt's Footsteps Does the Tour Go?

innerSpaceman
01-21-2004, 04:56 PM
I have a feeling this must be wrong, but someone told me that the Walk in Walt's Footsteps guided tour of Disneyland goes inside the hallowed ground of Walt Disney's above-the-firehouse apartment.

Can anyone authoritatively debunk or confirm this tantalizing rumour?

AVP
01-21-2004, 05:00 PM
Not any of the times I've taken it.

AVP

zapppop
01-21-2004, 05:30 PM
Speak of which, the firehouse is being refurbished.

http://members.aol.com/lunerds/msrefurb.jpg

sediment
01-21-2004, 05:39 PM
I heard a rumor that they're taking the apartment to WDW. For Disneyland's 50th birthday.

It's not that far-fetched!!

Rumor is that all the other parks are getting some bit of Disneyland. Tokyo Disney Seas, however, stated that they could make anything better themselves, so they'll be creating a MousePad-inspired Disney's American Adventure right next door to itself. At twice the cost of DCA.

It's not that far-fetched!!

Not Afraid
01-21-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by AVP
Not any of the times I've taken it.

AVP

Ditto.

cemeinke
01-21-2004, 06:03 PM
The Disney Magazine once had a blurb about the "Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour" which included mention of Walt's apartment. Unfortunately it lead people into believing that was a stop on the tour. The Guest Realtions CM's I spoke to have indicated that this never was a stop on the tour and the magazine article was misleading.

innerSpaceman
01-21-2004, 06:21 PM
Thanks all. I had a gut feeling that was way too good to be true.

So zap, old buddy, old pal - - I really wanna see Walt's apartment. Now that the whole firehouse is covered in tarps and hidden from view, d'ya think we could, you know ...

hbquikcomjamesl
01-21-2004, 06:24 PM
I've taken the tour, quite literally, every year since its inception. On July 4th of each year. And a year or two before that, also on July 4th, I took an experimental backstage tour.

For about the first two years, the Walt's Footsteps tour included the Lilly Belle (the Disneyland Railroad's private business car, built from a "RETLAW 1" coach). The present version of the tour includes a visit to the LOBBY of Club 33, as well as a special backstage presentation at the Tiki Room.

Walt's apartment has never been on any tour available to the general public. Period.

Not Afraid
01-21-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
Thanks all. I had a gut feeling that was way too good to be true.

So zap, old buddy, old pal - - I really wanna see Walt's apartment. Now that the whole firehouse is covered in tarps and hidden from view, d'ya think we could, you know ...

What? Are you getting to that point in your relationship that you need some DANGER?

Just go on the Jungle Cruise. You'll see DANGER there.;)

In other words DON'T!!!!!!

cemeinke
01-21-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
In other words DON'T!!!!!!

..Get caught - and make sure you've got good batteries in that camera

Not Afraid
01-21-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
..Get caught - and make sure you've got good batteries in that camera

On second thought, take him ^^^^^ with you so you ALL go to jail.:~D

zapppop
01-21-2004, 07:03 PM
We could show him the Indian Village and he in return could show us Mickey Jail. Sounds fair to me!

HBTiggerFan
01-21-2004, 07:03 PM

Well if they go to Disneyland jail I wanna go!

MrTomMorrow
01-21-2004, 08:42 PM
The tour also takes you into the lobby of Club 33... It's like a sample of something most people will never get to have.