PDA

View Full Version : Tiki Room Petition

BJW
01-21-2004, 04:22 PM
In light of the rumors going around about the Tiki Room, I have made a petition to Disneyland and Imagineering to keep the original show. Please read and sign. Although we do not know yet whether or not this is going to happen I thought it would be good to let them know how we feel about the show. You can get the link here:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/tiki2004/petition.html

MrTomMorrow
01-21-2004, 04:25 PM
Actually, I was just thinking... If Matt Ouimet thinks that the Tiki Room is so magical and special, why would he want to replace the show? I would think that his interest in the attraction would prompt him to refurb it to its original glory, not replace it with something that might not be as magical.

Dlandmom
01-21-2004, 04:29 PM
My 2 cents...

My interpretation of what Mr. Ouimet said in his message is that Tiki Room is a magical attraction, so if you haven't seen it, go check it out rather than ignore it thinking it's boring. I don't think they're going to change it...at least I hope not.

It doesn't hurt to let them know we don't want it changed.

sediment
01-21-2004, 04:44 PM
I thought that its current state was one of disrepair? Roof falling apart, little to no Dole movie pre-show, birds that don't work, etc. so why would we want to see this kind of "magic" before it glows away, er goes into refurb?

I'm thinking that Cast Member Matt accidentally walked in on Cast Member Maynard during that particular Tiki Room show, and thought, regardless of the mentionables above that it was a great show, just needs a little love and attention.

kennyhues
01-22-2004, 03:07 PM
Al reports today that the Tiki Room will NOT be changed, just refurbed. . . .
At the risk of raising the ire of everyone here, I kinda like the Florida version. It's Disney poking fun at itself a little bit, and that can be refreshing. And it's not like they cheaped out on that re-do, either. From the music to the lighting to the new AAs, it's well done. All the same, though, I'm glad that DL will be keeping the attraction Walt was involved in.

DrIndianaJones
01-22-2004, 06:54 PM
As it is, there isn't enough time to fix the attraction and put it "Under New Management". The show isn't going to change, except this time everything will work!

Morrigoon
01-22-2004, 06:57 PM
Another petition? Nice thought, but :rolleyes:

Disneyfreak
01-22-2004, 09:18 PM
Come on guys, you have more sense then this. It is so obvious that the tiki room will not be changed at all. Why the heck would they change one of walts beloved attractions right before the 50th anniversary. That would be suicide for the park if they did that and Matt knows that. Have a little more faith in the man. He is restoring the park and that made me soooooooooo happy to hear that all that painting and repairing is going on. THEY ARE EVEN PAINTING BIG THUNDER FOR ONCE! Do you realize how long it has been since they have done that! They still have plenty of time to refurb and get everything sparkling new by 2005. They are going to restore indy too.:) Oh man I am just overwhelmed by this and I feel like crying for joy.:crying: