PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Disneyland President Cynthia Harriss has fallen into The Gap!

Pages : [1] 2

zapppop
01-21-2004, 04:04 PM
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan 21, 2004 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- Gap Inc. ( NYSE:GPS) today announced that Cynthia Harriss will join the company as President of its Outlet division. She will report to Gap Inc. CEO and President Paul Pressler, and will serve on the company's Executive Leadership Team.

Gap Inc.'s Outlet division has successfully extended the Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy brands to outlet customers. The division operates more than 200 outlet stores, offering styles designed and produced exclusively for the division, in addition to product from the brands.

"Cynthia is known for her tremendous ability to motivate people and get the best out of her teams," said Mr. Pressler. "Her extensive strategy and merchandising experience will ensure that our brand expressions continue to be integrated, and targeted to our Outlet customers."
Click here for the full story (http://highmarkfunds.stockpoint.com/highmarkfunds/newspaper.asp?Mode=Entertainment&Story=20040121/021p0852.xml)

I guess 3 months is enough time off with her family and loved ones.

:~D

jrad32
01-21-2004, 04:07 PM
Wow I never saw that one coming.

Rallymonkey23
01-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Seems to me that Mr. Pressler and Mrs. Harris have a thang for eachother. :fez:

sediment
01-21-2004, 04:13 PM
She should be put in charge of Banana Republic, where she can reduce the highest quality product down to outlet store.

Here's a tip on the "Outlet Customer": last year's products at a lower price, not this year's poorly stitched product at a higher price.
Oh yeah, and make sure no one dies on your shift.
And (this one might be a toughie), don't be afraid to tell the boss that some improvements are needed for your arm of the business in order for it to succeed.

zapppop
01-21-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by sediment
She should be put in charge of Banana Republic, where she can reduce the highest quality product down to outlet store.

Aren't Banana Republic, The GAP and Old Navy all owned by the same company ?

ToursbabeC3po
01-21-2004, 04:17 PM
Hey as long as they are not at Disneyland anymore I am happy!

teri
01-21-2004, 04:19 PM
I wonder if they have a job for Michael.

ToursbabeC3po
01-21-2004, 04:31 PM
LOL I wish they had a job for Michael but I think most company's have him on some sort of black list because he would put them under with his bonuses.

sediment
01-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
Aren't Banana Republic, The GAP and Old Navy all owned by the same company ?

Yes, that's the point I was trying to make. Why put her in charge of the GAP outlet stores when she can take the top-of-the-line product (which Banana Republic is) and reduce it to outlet status?
Now, try to make an analogy...to her previous job...

adriennek
01-21-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
Seems to me that Mr. Pressler and Mrs. Harris have a thang for eachother. :fez:

Ms. Harriss.

And I sincerely doubt Ms. Harriss has a thang for Paul.

I liked Cynthia better than I liked Paul. I thought she did a much better job of interactting with the public. She was a lot more approachable than Paul ever was. Maybe he could learn a thing or two from her.

Adrienne

sediment
01-21-2004, 04:52 PM
Well, they were both impotent in keeping Disneyland standards up. Strictly platonic.

Darkbeer
01-21-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by sediment
Well, they were both impotent in keeping Disneyland standards up. Strictly platonic.

Impotent:~D

From the dictionary

adj.

1. Lacking physical strength or vigor; weak.
2. Lacking in power, as to act effectively; helpless:
"Technology without morality is barbarous; morality without technology is impotent" (Freeman J. Dyson).

There is a third choice, but since this is a family board.... lets just say that it would make sure that the relationship would stay platonic...:fez:

sediment
01-21-2004, 05:33 PM
Yes, #2 is what I was going for. That and the obvious pun relating prior posts.

wendybeth
01-21-2004, 06:34 PM
Lol- this is too funny! Well, she's better suited for this type of job, at any rate. :D

sediment
01-21-2004, 06:37 PM
Happy to serve you!

HBTiggerFan
01-21-2004, 06:37 PM
Banana Republic, Gap and Old Navy are the same company.

The Gap is not an outlet of BR nor is ON an outlet of the Gap. They sell some similar and many different items. It is true that BR is higher quality and more expensive then the Gap and ON, and it is true that the Gap is better quality and more expensive than ON, that doesn't make the Gap or ON BR outlets.

The Gap has an actual outlet called the Gap Factory Stores. Those stores have their own clothing line (that is awful), and on occasion some items from the actual Gap stores.

Not Afraid
01-21-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
The Gap has an actual outlet called the Gap Factory Stores. Those stores have their own clothing line (that is awful), and on occasion some items from the actual Gap stores.

It is similar with BR although Deather IS the most frequent BRO visitor and, therefore, much more knowledgable that little ole me.

No. I pay full price. (Not really)

Darkbeer
01-21-2004, 07:34 PM
Gee, three months ago, she said this in her resignation letter to Cast Members dated October 14th, 2004....

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/news/response.cfm?ID=1340

The times we live in today remind us that every day counts and I recognize that there is a small window of time to put my family and loved ones first. For me, that time is now.

Guess she got sick and tired of her family and loved ones during the holidays... :~D

sediment
01-21-2004, 07:45 PM
Note the key words, "small window of time," allowing virtually any time period between kobs to be consistent with that statement.

My guess: she got tired of visiting Disneyland as it got needed improvements by some guy who simply asked for them. "Why didn't I think of that?"

MonorailMan
01-21-2004, 08:11 PM
I'm not suprized...:rolleyes:

ununoctium
01-21-2004, 10:10 PM
SO if anyone cared... (form my friend who works for gap inc)

BR-->Most expensive, worst quality
GAP-->Middle of the road on both
ON--> Cheapest price better quality.

Interesting, eh?

MickeyD
01-21-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
It is similar with BR although Deather IS the most frequent BRO visitor and, therefore, much more knowledgable that little ole me.

No. I pay full price. (Not really)

Outlet Shopping.....what a thing to be knowledgable about. :D

I can only speak for the Camarillo outlet mall, but here's what I know. Currently, I call the Gap Outlet the Crap Outlet. I almost never go in there. It's all cheap, ugly (IMO) stuff that's made for the outlet. It's pretty rare that there is stuff from the actual Gap in it. The Banana Repulic Factory Store (which is what's in Camarillo, for all I know there's a BR "Outlet" somewhere that is as bad as the Gap outlet) has some stuff that's made for the BR Factory Store, and a lot more stuff that is overstock from BR, or the previous season's stuff.

Originally posted by ununoctium
SO if anyone cared... (form my friend who works for gap inc)

BR-->Most expensive, worst quality
GAP-->Middle of the road on both
ON--> Cheapest price better quality.

Interesting, eh?

This hasn't been true in my experience. I shop a lot at all three places, and everything I've bought from BR has held up a lot better than stuff I've bought from ON. In fact, I generally don't buy long sleeve shirts and stuff from ON anymore, because 9 times out of 10, after a couple times through the washing maching, one sleeve is noticably shorter than the other.

Anyhow, I'll be sure to check Cynthia's progress with the Outlets periodically for everyone. :D

genenpet
01-22-2004, 09:33 AM
Great we Bay Area folk now get to call Cynthia and Paul our own.
Well, better here then in Anaheim...

sediment
01-22-2004, 09:36 AM
Looking back at my posts, perhaps I was being a little rough on her. But then I remember she makes tons more money than I, and A.L. just made mine look insignificant with his remarks today. Not that there's anything wrong with his remarks.

ununoctium
01-22-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by MickeyD
Outlet Shopping.....what a thing to be knowledgable about. :D

I can only speak for the Camarillo outlet mall, but here's what I know. Currently, I call the Gap Outlet the Crap Outlet. I almost never go in there. It's all cheap, ugly (IMO) stuff that's made for the outlet. It's pretty rare that there is stuff from the actual Gap in it. The Banana Repulic Factory Store (which is what's in Camarillo, for all I know there's a BR "Outlet" somewhere that is as bad as the Gap outlet) has some stuff that's made for the BR Factory Store, and a lot more stuff that is overstock from BR, or the previous season's stuff.

This hasn't been true in my experience. I shop a lot at all three places, and everything I've bought from BR has held up a lot better than stuff I've bought from ON. In fact, I generally don't buy long sleeve shirts and stuff from ON anymore, because 9 times out of 10, after a couple times through the washing maching, one sleeve is noticably shorter than the other.

Anyhow, I'll be sure to check Cynthia's progress with the Outlets periodically for everyone. :D

I wish I could afford BR!

OH well. :)

Blah. I dont like shopping at Gap, Inc. anymore! hehehe , well, I have to shop there. i love it.