PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Pier Or Disneyland Hotel?

MLK1969
01-21-2004, 10:10 AM
Anybody have an opinion on Paradise Pier Hotel. I have heard some questionable things like elevator problems, not as clean etc. I am clean freak! Are the rooms decent? (Using Mom's standards) I can't imagine it is that bad since it is a resort property. Didn't really want to pay the extra 40.00 per night for the Disneyland Hotel, but I will if it is old and not that great. Just had an awesome stay and Grand Californian, but need to save a little money this time around! PS> Probably should say we are a family of 5 with two toddlers and a nine year old. Need all the space we can get!

mousey_girl
01-21-2004, 10:28 AM
I would say DLH, especially with young children. The walk to and from DL to PPH is pretty long.

MLK1969
01-21-2004, 10:49 AM
That is where my heart is, but, it seems like we aren't in our rooms enough to take in all the ammenities. That's why I am thinking of just staying at P.P. Thanks for your reply!!!!

wendybeth
01-21-2004, 10:49 AM
I would also recommend the DLH, but be sure to specify that you want a larger room. We went the summer before last and our room was really small- two beds, an armoire and writing desk, and only one basin in the bathroom. We had a pool view room which was nice, but it was very cramped!

julgraham
01-21-2004, 11:46 AM
The pool at the Disneyland hotel is just so nice. My kids loved it and we spent time in there every day.

Not Afraid
01-21-2004, 11:48 AM
DLH is MUCH better than PPH - hands down.

Photographer
01-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Personally, I prefer the Paradise Pier hotel. I found it to be much brighter and updated. That's not to say there isn't a nostalgic feel to the DL Hotel. But with the curtains, carpeting and bedspread in different patterns, it was too much for me. The furniture is very nice at DL Hotel though.

PPH has fridges in the rooms. I can't remember if DL does.

Solar7
01-21-2004, 06:16 PM
I've stayed in the Paradise Pier hotel at least twice, and haven't had much of a problem with it. It was quite clean, very well maintained, and spacious enough for four people, with younger children probably enough for 5. One of the rooms I was in even had a dividing wall with a window, so each seperate area gets its own peace and quiet.

--Solar

EandCDad
01-22-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by MLK1969
I am clean freak! Are the rooms decent? (Using Mom's standards) I can't imagine it is that bad since it is a resort property. Didn't really want to pay the extra 40.00 per night for the Disneyland Hotel, but I will if it is old and not that great.

I think the Paradise Pier is fine. If saving the extra $40 a night is an issue you aren't going to suffer by being in that hotel. It's clean and I don't remember having much problem with the elevator other than there are only two or three and if you go in with a big crowd, you might have to wait.