View Full Version : Nightmare Before Christmas Mansion **SPOILERS LIKELY**

Pages : [1] 2

Napsto
10-03-2001, 10:39 PM
one word: WOW

disney can still do it awesome when tehy want to

Morrigoon
10-03-2001, 10:42 PM
Don't tell me! I'm not going til saturday!

awinner
10-03-2001, 10:52 PM
my mind is telling me that you need to spoil it for me right now...but my heart tells me hold out until sunday when I can see it myself...i need a quick fix!!!

SpazRobot
10-03-2001, 10:57 PM
Yeah, freaking beatiful. The stretching room rocked.

Morrigoon
10-03-2001, 10:59 PM
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't wanna know! :)

awinner
10-03-2001, 11:02 PM
If anyone is going to write anything about the mansion, they need to put the word SPOILER in front, so at least we have the option to skip that post.

Napsto
10-03-2001, 11:05 PM
of course they iwll put spoiler but you will be like WOW

MickeyD
10-04-2001, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Napsto
you will be like WOW

I was in a doombuggy with someone who kept saying this :D
Me, I was speechless! It was amazing. Get thee to the Haunted Mansion ASAP!!

cstephens
10-04-2001, 02:45 AM
I've posted a trip report about my day and the event, including event registration, merchandise, the show/panel discussion, and very little (no spoilers) about the ride itself. Go to http://www.colddeadfish.net/mansionholiday.html/ to read all about it. Warning - it's pretty long.

/cs
(who expects to be posting this message on a number of different threads, both here and elsewhere)

The people of Krikkit were supposed to be fictitious.

Kasatka is a new mother again. - http://www.colddeadfish.net/kb.html

The greatest thing you'll ever learn
is just to love and be loved in return.

"From Southern Belle to Ethnocentric, Sheltered, White Woman"
- a work-in-progress autobiography

dizneyraver
10-04-2001, 07:11 AM
Um, if you don't want to know, why are you reading a post that is titled "**Spoliers Likely**"

I wish I could see it, but my plans are for Disney world. Since I have bought a pAP to WDW, I doubt I will be going to DL anytime soon.

(Unless pAP to WD holders get some discount for DL? Anyone?)

Bill Catherall
10-04-2001, 07:47 AM
Ok...I want to read spoilers. Does anybody have a link that gives away everything?

dizneyraver
10-04-2001, 09:54 AM
Anyone know where I could see some pictures of this event? I have looked all around mouseplanet but can't seem to find any. That does not mean to me that there aren't any to be found, but I just always have trouble navigating Mouseplanet. Cool site, but usually very difficult for me to get around.

Tony
10-04-2001, 11:04 AM
Look for several stories and photos about the event tomorrow. We felt that since the attraction does not open to the public until then, we should take a little extra time in preparing our columns and photos rather than giving you a slapped together summary written at 2 this morning.

Tony

Rider
10-04-2001, 11:05 AM
I was just at Dl for the first time in my life last summer. So unless WDW does it too I doubt I will see it. Pictures please!!!

Napsto
10-04-2001, 04:11 PM
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
!

well, first of all, the stretching room is amazing. it has like stained glass portraits in the beginning before they stretch and on the top you know how it was the old guy who hung himself it was jack skellingtons head with a smile. the next room had pictures of jack that turned into santa claus, santa and his sleigh that turned into jack and his sleigh, a snowman that turned into a pumpkin man and the other one was jacks girl. then in the room where you load into the buggies tehy had a huge mural of jack and it said merry chirstams but the merry christmas rotated with a scary christmas. in the romo with the floating candle, it is a floating zero which i sawesome because the color was great. madam leata got a new head which looks freaking amazing. the ballroom was done up great, they added alot to every room, the grave yard was amazing, there is so much to say but i will say this, the jack skelliington AA is awesome, so lifelike so real. what did i miss anybody? mickey d?

MickeyD
10-04-2001, 04:31 PM
Spoilers~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spoilers~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Spoil ers!!!!!

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

The ballroom scene is changed, new dishes, characters in color. The singing busts are pumkins.

Also, where there used to be a crow in every room (like on Madam Leota's chair) they aren't crows any more, they're all a character from the movie. That was my favorite "little" detail. Geez, there was so much, I don't think I absorbed even half of it.

Sorry, no pictures.

stan4d_steph
10-06-2001, 12:02 PM
Went last night. Very cool. I really like the "Scream along" :) No one has mentioned this change in the portrait hallway: if you look out the "windows" it is no longer raining... it's snowing! :D

liveoakley
10-06-2001, 01:09 PM
spoiler

the score for the ride was just great but I would have thought they would have used parts of the original score of nightmare before xmas ,was this a conflict with danny elfman himself, hence the no show for the special evening

and also a very nice touch adding the three hitchhiker outlines above lock shock and barrel in the ending scene but did anyone spot the hidden mickey "swirling" right underneath them. Has anybody notice any other hidden mickeys besides that one.

hats off to disney once again

now all we need now is to have a
"Superstar Limo Holiday" that would rock!

DisneyFreak2000
10-06-2001, 01:23 PM
Do you ride in doombuggies still? And also, I read somehwere on the Pads that the narration was a poem or something in the style of The Night BEfore Christmas, is this true? If not what is the musical score in the background?

CaliforniaCrazy
10-06-2001, 02:08 PM
**SPOILER**

Yes, you do still ride in Doombuggies, but now they are called black christmas sleighs. The Paul Frees Sound-alike does the narration which is a poem like the Nightmare Before Christmas, and the music is like a combo of Mansion and NMBC.

Nigel2
10-06-2001, 10:07 PM
I wonder if the christmas list names are going to change every year or not?

cemeinke
10-07-2001, 12:02 PM
Saw NBC last night and I felt just like I did when I was a kid viewing the opening attractions of long ago. There was excitement in the que and each step brought wonder and amazement. Gosh, just turning the corner outside the gallery put me in awe.

This reminds me of the old Disneyland where after exiting the attraction you just want to go right back on it, to see something you think you missed, to see it again, to point things out to your friends. From the conversations I overheard, I was not alone. A man in the Disney Gallery bragging about having been on 6 times already. A woman in que realizing as an annual pass holder she could come back everyday. Wow!

To add to this, got to ride the Mark Twain at night--can't remember when I last did that. And after the Believe fireworks there was a patriotic addendum. Wow, I was just there for the evening and felt like I was in a new park. They really did a good job with this one.

CaliforniaCrazy
10-07-2001, 12:41 PM
I agree with you wholeheartedly. I am an annual passholder myself, and I think that 3 months for this ride is not enough time to catch everything you miss! I am already trying to get all the lyrics to the Christmas song in the cemetary, and the jack Skellington AA figure is simply one of the best I have seen. He even puts poor Tom Morrow in Innoventions to shame! I am very sad to hear that there will be no CD of Haunted Mansion Holiday this year. This is one attraction that truly needs to have it's music listened to day after day.

yeo_foxe
10-07-2001, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by liveoakley
spoiler

the score for the ride was just great but I would have thought they would have used parts of the original score of nightmare before xmas ,was this a conflict with danny elfman himself, hence the no show for the special evening

There are bits of the score (mostly musical) within the song(s) played on the ride. The pumpkins sing "What's This!?".

yeo_foxe
10-07-2001, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by liveoakley
spoiler

There are bits of the score (mostly musical) within the song(s) played on the ride. The pumpkins sing "What's This!?".