PDA

View Full Version : Back Row Splash Mountain

Pages : [1] 2

kellipresley
06-26-2017, 07:16 PM
At the parks today they weren't having anyone sit in the very last row of splash mountain. Anyone know why?

sjhanksaz
06-26-2017, 07:32 PM
I have never heard of that before. I wonder if the water levels were low in the ride?

bumblebeeonarose
06-27-2017, 10:18 AM
I hope they don't continue with that. The back row is the row you can sit in with your little kid.

candles71
06-27-2017, 11:41 AM
I hope they don't continue with that. The back row is the row you can sit in with your little kid.
This

sjhanksaz
06-27-2017, 05:41 PM
I have also noticed that on Pirates they have not been loading the back row very often too

curtsinore
06-30-2017, 07:03 PM
well....today, this week only, that could be the best news about Pirates.

neverlander
07-01-2017, 09:08 AM
A CM told me they were no longer using the back row of the logs. It didn't sound temporary to me.

sjhanksaz
07-01-2017, 09:38 AM
A CM told me they were no longer using the back row of the logs. It didn't sound temporary to me.

I wonder why, they can get two more people on each log and keep the line moving.

That ride has been going for years and years and I don't recall any issues with it.

Tdavis
07-02-2017, 01:11 PM
One thing I noticed my last few trips is an increase in logs getting stuck at the top of the big drop. Also i rode in the back for the first time last trip and it seemed to cause the log to drag on the bottom. How are you supposed to ride with younger kids if you cant use the back?

candles71
07-02-2017, 09:57 PM
If they are tall enough to ride, they are able to sit in their own seat. My youngest just felt better sitting next to me in the back.

olegc
07-03-2017, 09:29 AM
One thing I noticed my last few trips is an increase in logs getting stuck at the top of the big drop. Also i rode in the back for the first time last trip and it seemed to cause the log to drag on the bottom. How are you supposed to ride with younger kids if you cant use the back?

so I wonder if they reduced the amount of water in the ride - and as such the logs don't float as high. Has anyone noticed if the amount of water getting into your log, especially on the moderate drop in the middle of the ride, was any less or not?

Tdavis
07-04-2017, 01:13 PM
Yes its true that if they are tall enough they can ride, my son has autism and it would be better at least the first time for him to ride with someone. Also my youngest kid will be finally tall enough to ride for first time so same thing

Tdavis
07-04-2017, 01:14 PM
Our last trip he did good having someone beside him i just hope this isnt permanent

candles71
07-04-2017, 02:29 PM
Our last trip he did good having someone beside him i just hope this isnt permanent
I would still ask to ride in that seat. Pirates had not loaded the back row in a couple of years but every once in awhile I do see a back row loaded on that.
Put him on your right to be able to see him in the picture.

neverlander
07-04-2017, 03:47 PM
I would still ask to ride in that seat. Pirates had not loaded the back row in a couple of years but every once in awhile I do see a back row loaded on that.
Put him on your right to be able to see him in the picture.
I asked to ride in the back. I was with five teens, and we hoped all six of us would be able to ride together. I weigh 110 pounds, and the kids are small to average, so I don't think there was a worry about the log being too heavy. No one was riding in the back of any logs.

danyoung
07-05-2017, 11:42 AM
so I wonder if they reduced the amount of water in the ride...

Or possibly a necessary reaction to the fatification of America?

pixar
07-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Or possibly a necessary reaction to the fatification of America?

I was thinking the same thing. It's a Small World had to be renovated for this very reason.

newhdplayer
07-05-2017, 04:56 PM
I was thinking the same thing. It's a Small World had to be renovated for this very reason.

Can't call it "Small World" any more

sjhanksaz
07-05-2017, 07:13 PM
The best way to stay dry on Splash is to put the heavy people in the back. Seems like every time we put the heavy people in the front the log digs into the water more.

candles71
07-05-2017, 09:20 PM
The best way to stay dry on Splash is to put the heavy people in the back. Seems like every time we put the heavy people in the front the log digs into the water more.
Physics.

sjhanksaz
07-06-2017, 06:28 PM
Physics.

Science and Physics explained

bumblebeeonarose
07-07-2017, 12:15 PM
Is this still happening?

candles71
07-07-2017, 12:20 PM
Science and Physics explained :) Whistler was standing on the side path over the drop with a security CM, who pointed this out to him. Weight in front dips the nose under the water and makes everyone wet. Weight in the back keeps the nose up and skims over the wave. We had never thought about it before but it is pretty cool having the science explained. But we are geeky that way.

olegc
07-07-2017, 12:45 PM
:) Whistler was standing on the side path over the drop with a security CM, who pointed this out to him. Weight in front dips the nose under the water and makes everyone wet. Weight in the back keeps the nose up and skims over the wave. We had never thought about it before but it is pretty cool having the science explained. But we are geeky that way.

this is how my friend and I keep others in our party in check - we sit in the front. 450lbs of fun and water waves

wabby1
07-07-2017, 01:58 PM
I hope that this is not permanent....our family fits in one log (2 parents, 4 adult children), and we look forward to posing for the photo as we go down the falls....