PDA

View Full Version : Monte Cristo?

disneyscott
01-20-2004, 07:51 PM
Two quick questions, if the Monte Cristo is so great why is it not on the dinner menu? Will they make it for you at dinner?

SoCalDisneyLover
01-20-2004, 07:56 PM
The dinner selections at Blue Bayou are of higher quality, and of course are more expensive. A sandwich just is not the standard Dinner fare at Blue Bayou. I don't imagine they are able to make an exception, but perhaps someone here knows way more about that than I.

Ace
01-20-2004, 09:35 PM
Can someone direct me to an e-version of the Blue Bayou menu?`

Andrew
01-20-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Ace
Can someone direct me to an e-version of the Blue Bayou menu?` Blue Bayou (http://www.mouseplanet.com/drr/drrnos.htm) on MousePlanet's Disneyland Restaurant Review

jrad32
01-21-2004, 07:09 AM
I have to say that the Monte Cristos at Blue Bayou are good, but overpriced, and not the best Monte Cristos ever as some like to thing.

Monte Cristos are generally tasty and the ones at the Blue Bayou are pretty good, but they're not the bees knees.

CoasterMatt
01-21-2004, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by jrad32
Monte Cristos are generally tasty and the ones at the Blue Bayou are pretty good, but they're not the bees knees.

Isn't there some sort of government limit as to how many bees knees may be in restaurant food? :~D

UncleGDogWord
01-21-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by CoasterMatt
Isn't there some sort of government limit as to how many bees knees may be in restaurant food? :~D

One bee knee per 18 fluid oz.

genenpet
01-21-2004, 11:31 AM
jrad32 ,

Sin City? Vegas? Where can I get a better Monte Cristo in vegas? I agree, the Blue Bayou one is good, but not the best I've ever had, but here in the Bay Area, the only one I've found is at this high school work-study cafe and it SUCKS.

A good MC in Vegas would be another reason to go...

jrad32
01-21-2004, 12:42 PM
I can reccomend a couple places but they are off the beaten track. One is a bagel shop/deli at the corner of Sahara and Valley View. Another is at a hole in the wall called the skillet cafe at Charleston and Valley View. Be warned the skillet is not the cleanest place I've ever been.

SteveK
01-21-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
Blue Bayou (http://www.mouseplanet.com/drr/drrnos.htm) on MousePlanet's Disneyland Restaurant Review

Didn't the Blue Bayou change their reservation policy? The review at the link above said you can only get a same day reservation at the park but I thought there was a recent change in in-park reservation policy. Is there any way to make reservations for a future date?
Thanks,
Steve

genenpet
01-21-2004, 01:36 PM
Thanks jrad. I'm unconcerned about cleanliness - the deep frying will surely kill anything that would be a problem. I think it's sad that the Monte Cristo has become a dying art...

Are the MCs at these two places fully battered and deep fryed (blue bayou style) or griddle topped (french toast style)?

Ace
01-21-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
Blue Bayou (http://www.mouseplanet.com/drr/drrnos.htm) on MousePlanet's Disneyland Restaurant Review

:(
So if I said "Ceasar Salad" at 8 PM they'd say.... no?

jrad32
01-21-2004, 04:12 PM
The Skillet cafe is deep fried. The ones at the bagel/deli, that I for the life of me can't remember the name of, are basically dipped in batter and griddle fried. The deli has high quality ham and turkey and they really stuff the sandwich with meat.

I'm sure there are probably other great spots for Monte Cristos in Vegas, but I haven't found them yet. We do rule when it comes to 24 dining options however and I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I discover more places with the best sandwich ever.

Aimz
01-21-2004, 04:15 PM
SteveK,

You can call ahead to make priority seating reservations at the Blue Bayou at this number: 714-781-DINE (3463)

I called that number in mid-December and was able to make lunch reservations at the Blue Bayou for my trip to DL at the end of this month. I believe you can make reservations as far as 60 days in advance now.