PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain and People Mover vehicle for sale!

Mickeyslittlehelper
01-20-2004, 04:50 PM
for sale on ebay!!

http://cgi.ebay.go.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2219393480

and

http://cgi.ebay.go.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2219393745

John

Not Afraid
01-20-2004, 04:59 PM
That's for putting it in one place. We were talking about it here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24301) but it got lost in the topic.

Disneyfreak
01-20-2004, 05:12 PM
This is so sad how they care very little about Disneyland's history and just auction off priceless pieces of it. This is an outrage for me because its like selling a chunk of the true disneyland we used to know on ebay.:crying:

Loric
01-20-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
This is so sad how they care very little about Disneyland's history and just auction off priceless pieces of it. This is an outrage for me because its like selling a chunk of the true disneyland we used to know on ebay.:crying:

Just think of all the tiki-thatch they can buy with the profits though!

cemeinke
01-20-2004, 05:17 PM
I wonder if there still are speakers in the rocket - might make for an interesting home theater installation.

Disneyfreak
01-20-2004, 05:52 PM
CONDITION: This attraction vehicle exhibits some wear and damage consistent with age, regular long-term operation, shipping and storage, including but not limited to the absence of wheels. Furthermore, all hydraulic and electrical systems have been disabled, rendering the speakers and lap bars inoperable. (Please note: Persons seated inside the vehicle should not activate the lap bar, as it might not be possible to release the lap bar from the down position.) Hhhaahahha I like the last comment on the lap bars!:)

cemeinke
01-20-2004, 06:06 PM
Hhhaahahha I like the last comment on the lap bars!:)

Yes - it would definitely make for an interesting home theater installation :~D

MrTomMorrow
01-20-2004, 07:24 PM
I don't like how the PeopleMover car is all covered in the blue paint and the tape that isn't staying on; I know it was for the Rocket Rods queue, but if I were to pay big bucks to get an extinct attraction vehicle, I'd want it to look as it ran when the attraction was still operating.

ralfrick
01-20-2004, 07:50 PM

I'd rather see investments in today than spending to store yesterday. I'm not saying dump everything, mind you, but it isn't practical to save everything, either. Yeah, keep a car or 2 around in the archives, no argument there. For the rest, I'd rather someone that wants and appreciates these items have them as opposed to just boxing them up in a warehouse, anyway. I'd bid on the SM vehicle if I had the bucks.

This is nothing new, either, since they were selling off classic animation cells inside Disneyland way back when for pennies apiece.

innerSpaceman
01-20-2004, 09:19 PM
I say we all band together and buy the people mover car. We could repaint it all proper, and use it as the long-awaited MousePad Crash Pad ... a place in Anaheim for padders to crash at after late-ending visits to the Park.

Sure, it's small ... but it's a start.

DisneyFan25863
01-20-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
I say we all band together and buy the people mover car. We could repaint it all proper, and use it as the long-awaited MousePad Crash Pad ... a place in Anaheim for padders to crash at after late-ending visits to the Park.

Sure, it's small ... but it's a start.

Here is, uhh, 5 cents and some pocket lint.......:|

Not Afraid
01-20-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by MrTomMorrow
I don't like how the PeopleMover car is all covered in the blue paint and the tape that isn't staying on; I know it was for the Rocket Rods queue, but if I were to pay big bucks to get an extinct attraction vehicle, I'd want it to look as it ran when the attraction was still operating.

Yes! And painted one of the original mod colors. I'll take Teal Blue.;)

spectromen
01-21-2004, 08:01 AM
I choose the teal too! (As long as the outer lights can be turned back on :) In fact, I just complimented Ron Lee at the NFFC on choosing that color when he designed his Peoplemover sculpture. He said, "Yeah, I wanted to keep it in theme with the times when it was operating as much as possible - that Tomorrowland they have now is just...well.." and then he knew better than to go on :)

I agree that at least a couple of all attraction vehicles should be archived by the Company. I guess I was naive to think that if and when the Peoplemover reopens a few years down the road, that they would use the original cars. Oh well...

Cadaverous Pallor
01-21-2004, 10:07 PM
From the description of the People Mover:
Specially painted and trimmed for enhanced visibility under black light, the gondola appears as it did in 1998, when the ride was closed down to make way for the park's Rocket Rods attraction. Ok, so anyone know the deal about the blacklight painting? I was not a Disneyland person back then and have no clue what was going on in TL. Was this a last ditch thing before they ripped them out?

MonorailMan
01-21-2004, 10:23 PM
No, this was the car they had placed inside the start of the Rocket Rods queue, which showed the different TL transport attractions over the years...

MrTomMorrow
01-21-2004, 10:57 PM
... decorated with strips of day-glo tape that would glow under a black light, which was used pretty exclusively in that room. There were also large posters of blueprints of old Tomorrowland ride vehicles. The other old attraction vehicles in the room besides the Peoplemover cars were a couple of Rocket Jets and the front end of an older model of the Monorail.

CaliforniaCrazy
01-22-2004, 12:11 AM
Let me know when they auction off a ride vehicle from Superstar Limo... ;)