PDA

View Full Version : Mansion Freaks

Maleficent0
10-03-2001, 08:14 PM
Okay,

So, I really, really, really love the mansion. But I didn't go to the event this evening, because I didn't realize the tickets were on sale until it was too late.

Anyway, I was at the park this evening, and let me just say that there were some *FREAKS* attending the event. Wow. It almost looked like a Star Trek convention goes Goth. Whoa.

My point is: It's okay to love the mansion, just don't *love* the mansion. ;)

The outside of the mansion looks beautiful at night, can't wait until Friday when I go back to ride it!

Nigel2
10-03-2001, 09:28 PM
Really, freaks at disneyland merchandise events? I would never believe it.:D

Morrigoon
10-03-2001, 09:41 PM
What's the difference, goth or pin vest. ;)

awinner
10-03-2001, 09:49 PM
I too am all for getting into the mood or state of mind for an attraction...but I would have to agree, I think some take it a little too far. For example, about a month ago, there was a guy in front of me. before ebtwring the stretching room, he put on a skull & bones bandana over his head and rolled up his sleeves and what appeared to me as if he was praying, when the doors opened to go into the room he ran as if he was in a marathon. the CM apparantly knew him and put a couple of stickers on his buggy (i'm guessing so he could go on several times in a row) we in the doom buggy right behind him, and i was in such awe watching this person, he started to write stuff all over his arms...he knew I was staring at him, I was dying (no pun intended) to know what he was doing...something tells me he will be at the pre-nbc tonight.

Embalmerdude
10-03-2001, 09:58 PM
Here we go again!
Just beating a dead horse again...
oh well, I was there this afternoon although I also was not able to get tickets for the event. I went because I had a few friends from WDW who were coming in for the Event and it gave me an opportunity to meet them and trade with them.
We were even there for the Flag retreat! But just not in the pit.
I did see a few "goth" people but they were far and few, most in attendance were just big fans of the NBC & HM.
They were all in good humor and well mannered. As were most of the pin traders and CMs I ran across today. So many of the CMs were so genuinely friendly today and even Maynard was out there entertaining in front of the HM gates. I ran into Cynthia Harriss who came up to greet me and trade a pin with me.
All in all it was a great day even though I did not get to go to the event.
And Nigel I wore my 20 pound armoured pin vest and had no attepts of "Pin tripping".

Nigel2
10-03-2001, 10:22 PM
two attempts or no attempts? Man I need to find some of those people either tip them or try to see if their vests can stop bullets, if they don't no great loss. :D

Morrigoon
10-03-2001, 10:58 PM
Actually, that was less a jab at pin trading and more of an acceptance of goths. I'm just saying one is no worse than the other, each has their own "uniform" and we're all nuts about the park. (I am neither btw, though I do own a few pins and have an affinity for period costume)

Napsto
10-03-2001, 11:06 PM
there were a few fans dressed, Intrestingly

10-04-2001, 04:09 AM
Hmmm, no disrespect intended to any pin traders here. It's just that inquiring minds want to know.

The better part of me knows tipping someone over isn't funny. My evil twin wants to know if people really do get tipped over?

blusilva
10-04-2001, 08:44 AM
Maybe some of the "freaks" weren't so much "mansion" freaks as "Nightmare Before Christmas" freaks? Or "Tim Burton" freaks?

I mean, I was going and taking two "Nightmare" freaks before Tim Burton and Danny Elfman cancelled. We're all kinda goth. How goth is too goth?

And, hey, I go to Trek conventions too. Wanna make something of it? ;)

cstephens
10-04-2001, 10:28 AM
Is it really necessary to use a derogatory term like "freaks" whenever people are describing others who are interested in something that doesn't happen to interest the person speaking as much? Everybody has their own interests, so I don't see why it's always necessary to point out what others do in a derogatory way. It seems to me that the underlying sentiment itself can be expressed ("I don't understand how they can be so interested in that") without resorting to the name-calling. I'd venture to guess that many people would find it "freakish" that many of us occupy quite a bit of our time with Disney-related activities, whether it be visiting the parks or going to websites.

Andrew
10-04-2001, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by cstephens
Is it really necessary to use a derogatory term like "freaks" whenever people are describing others who are interested in something that doesn't happen to interest the person speaking as much?

It seems to me the word is used in jest, or is at least not used maliciously. Still, cstephens' point is well taken: No need to insult people.

Nigel2
10-04-2001, 01:11 PM
You can't be a freak if you will admit it,(I admit it I can be a disney freak, but oddly I don't have much paraphanalia, some art but thats it) but the real freaks are the ones that are devoted to whatever, but won't admit they are freaks. And people who hate the word freak are freaks too.:D

FantasmicFan82
10-05-2001, 04:46 AM
I'm not a freak. I knwo when I go today, I'm going to go on the ride, and buy a pin if i find one that looks nice.

Nigel2
10-05-2001, 09:30 AM
A non freak will ride it once or twice in the first visit, then think nothing of it, a real freak will run to that ride first(I need to bring my freak counter) get a fast pass for later then go on said attraction, it could be anything SM, Pirates,... Who want's to join me in trader tiping? :D

Embalmerdude
10-06-2001, 09:39 PM
Nigel
Here is your chance to do some pin tipping, this is a public challenge to you Sunshine.
I will be at the center hub at 3PM tomorrow, Vest and all, you make your attept, and when you fail... then it will be my turn... I dont think 20 pounds of metal will weigh me down as I catch up with you and ring that pansy neck of yours.
Again, Nigel... mano a mano, tomorrow :mad:

Nigel2
10-06-2001, 10:03 PM
Tomorow, damn your timing sucks I actually am busy. How about Thursday 11, and I sugest you bring friends, rember Nigel is an anagram not my real name.:D

Tony
10-06-2001, 10:54 PM
All right. It has gone too far. Pin Trader tipping is a bit to close to a threat of physical violence and is inappropriate. Everyone involved in under notice that this behavior will not be tolerated.

This thread is now closed.