PDA

View Full Version : Annual Passport?

scanmom
01-19-2004, 07:27 PM
I will be going to DLR in March, and would like to get the SOCAL AP....but I live in Oklahoma (GO SOONERS!!!). I know that SOMETIMES they will let anyone buy this AP, but not always, and since I am taking 9 people with me, and paying for everything, I really need to get the cheaper pass. So here is my ?, my grandmother lives in Long Beach, Ca. ( I was born and grew up there). Can I order the AP's by phone and have them sent to her address? I know they would be vouchers, but that is o.k. Would I have to show proof of residency when I activate them, or do they assume it is alright that I have them since they have already been paid for at that point? I would like any input on this and appreciate any advice! Thanks!:D

MonorailMan
01-19-2004, 07:31 PM
You can try, but I'd bet $100 that I'd fail:

1. If they send them to her address, they will need to see ID upon activation.
2. If you buy 'em, they will have to see ID.

Here's what I would do:

1. Plan to buy the Deluxe/Premium
2. Ask for the SoCal, worst they say is no.

This way, you wont be dissapointed. :)

DisneyFan25863
01-19-2004, 07:40 PM
It might be eaiser to get a 3 day hopper or something...

Darkbeer
01-19-2004, 07:56 PM
First off, who knows about the SoCal AP purchase, about 6 months ago, they started to enforce the ID/Zip code thing, then they backed off... not sure what the present status is, but somebody was going to try and get one today, and hopefully he will post when he gets back if he was usccessful or not....

Best thing to do when getting a new AP...

Buy a ParkHopper...

For SoCal's, that would be the 2 day park hopper (since the value of the ParkHopper MUST be less than the cost of the AP). Disneyland.com claims it is now $98, but the signage at the resort (even though the raised the 3 day price) still states $99.

Others, buy a 5 day for the price of 3 ParkHopper (either the AAA/WTDC Passport Plus, or the Disneyland.com Passport Bonus Ticket). You get the extra perks - ESPNZone card, the show passes and discounts for the Passport Plus.

The biggest benefit of doing this is to avoid the blackout days on the first trip. On your LAST day at the park, then upgrade to an AP.

scanmom
01-19-2004, 08:01 PM
I am not worried about blackout days...the only blackout day on the week we are going is the Friday (our last day) and we have other things planned for that day anyway. I just wondered what would happen if I showed up at the AP processing center with So Cal AP vouchers that were already paid for, but no ID that said I lived in So Cal?:confused:

amismo
01-20-2004, 06:09 AM
Hi,
ESPN Zone card has little or no value for me - but the show passes interest me. Is this part of the AA promo because I dont see any mention of it at Disneyland.com

scanmom
01-21-2004, 04:57 AM
does anyone have any thoughts on my original question?:confused:

danyoung
01-21-2004, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by scanmom
does anyone have any thoughts on my original question?:confused:

Yeah, but you're not gonna like 'em. Don't do it - it's cheating. The SoCal Pass promotion is for locals, an incentive to get them to visit more often. You're not a local. Most of the people you're bringing are not local. You're trying to get a local pass in a fraudulent way. It may or may not work, but it's not right.

Told you you wouldn't like 'em! :cool:

Brian Noble
01-21-2004, 05:28 AM
scanmom: we were in a similar situation. My plan was to buy the SoCals if current policy allowed it, and the 5-day BONUS hopper (from a local Disney Store) if current policy did not. Happily, our passes were purchased when it was allowed, but it would have been fine (and only a bit more expensive) to go with the 5-day tickets.

Darkbeer
01-22-2004, 04:16 PM
OK, DisneyNick reported that this week some Northern Californians had no problem getting a SoCal AP..... so the current status is they are allowing anyone to purchase the SoCal AP (if they agree to the blackout days)...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=334702#post334702

But, remember... things are ALWAYS subject to change, Disney has the right to return to enforce the Zip Code requirements at any time....