PDA

View Full Version : Need help really quick... an AP question

Disney Nick
01-19-2004, 04:00 AM
Going to take a friend to Disneyland today through Wed. Only today is blacked out for SoCal APs.

Do you still need proof of residency to buy a SoCal AP?

If I buy him a SoCal AP on a blockout day, he can still use it on that day w/o paying extra correct? Or do I need to buy a 1 day ticket and upgrade inside the park for this to work?

Thanks again guys for the quick response... leaving in an hour or so!

Disney Nick
01-19-2004, 04:35 AM
Well, I am about to leave, but I do have a 6 hr drive ahead of me, so if anyone knows the answer feel free to post it and I've asked Not Afraid to call me when she gets up if anyone can help me.

Thanks guys and only 6 more hours to go!!

Bruce Bergman
01-19-2004, 05:25 AM
From the Disneyland site, it looks like you can buy the 2Fer tickets if you or your guest have the right Zip Code on your drivers License. Once you are inside, you can convert the pass to an Annual Pass - but I don't know if they'll let you park-hop to DCA if you use that as a Blackout Day dodge.

If neither of you qualify, better have Not Afraid come down and buy the tickets for you (Oh darn, a reason to go along...), or you'll have to find someone eligible there to buy them for you...

<Jack>
"Psst! Hey! Dude! Can you score me some Coleslaw?"
</Jack>
:p

From the Disneyland Site:
Southern California Resident Salute

Enjoy two Parks on two days for the price of one! Right now, Southern California residents can experience two Parks for the price of a single ticket. Visit Disneyland® park on one day and Disney’s California Adventure™ park on a different day.

Guests purchasing this ticket must reside within zip codes 90000-93599 or Baja California Residents 21000-22999. Proof of residency is required for admission. Tickets expire 30 days after first use or April 30, 2004 whichever comes first. Offer available for purchase through April 29, 2004. Click More Info for complete details

• Admission is valid for one day at Disneyland® park and one day Disney’s California Adventure™ park.
• Tickets expire 30 days after first use or April 30, 2004 whichever comes first.
• Tickets not valid after April 30, 2004.
• Guests purchasing this ticket must reside within zip codes 90000-93599 or Baja California Residents 21000-22999.
• May purchase up to 5 tickets per order per day. No more than 2 orders per week.
• Valid ID is required for admission.
• Each day of use constitutes one full day of use.
• Tickets are non-transferable and restrictions apply.

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--

Darkbeer
01-19-2004, 06:43 AM
Gee, the "can you buy a SoCal AP if you don't live in the right zip codes?" is a hard question to answer lately.... within the last 6 months, the answer has been No, Yes and Maybe.... if you get a NO, I would try someone else.... and PLEASE let us know if you could or not...

Just in case you can't get an SoCal AP, I would look around at a nearby supermarket on your drive in for a specially marked 2-Liter bottle of Coca-Cola (though they are getting hard to find) for a $20 off a Deluxe AP...

Another option is the Anaheim Tourist Center on Harbor, at the McDonalds parking lot... you can get a 4 day ParkHopper for $129 (the normal 3 day price). (The online, or AAA option is better, at 5 days for $129 - but for the last minute).

Or you can get the 2-day ParkHopper (listed at $98 at Disneyland.com, but $99 on the Main Entry Plaza ticket menus :confused:, and spend the third day at Knott's (just $12.95 with a can of food in January....)

Good Luck and have a great time!:cool:

Forbin
01-19-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Darkbeer

Just in case you can't get an SoCal AP, I would look around at a nearby supermarket on your drive in for a specially marked 2-Liter bottle of Coca-Cola (though they are getting hard to find) for a $20 off a Deluxe AP...

Just FYI The soda promotion ends 1/31/04 and most Coke bottle don't have this anymore.

Not Afraid
01-19-2004, 08:54 AM
Nick, I left a message on your cell with an overview of what was said here. (In case you go to Innoventions first). Call me if you need anything. Infortunately, I am working today and can't offer my assistance in getting a pass.

Photographer
01-19-2004, 09:13 AM
If you buy an Annual Pass, they will let you use it that day, even if it is a block-out day. They never turn away money. LOL

Brian Noble
01-19-2004, 12:56 PM
Is that also true if you bought the voucher in advance, but show up to use it for the first time/process it on a blockout day? I vaguely recall reading somewhere that this was allowed, but I don't know where I saw it...

Disney Nick
01-22-2004, 03:09 PM
Thanks Lisa, got the message on my way down.

I was buying a Premium AP again since mine expired in May. The guy was really nice and even gave me the $20 off for the coke promotion without me asking or having any coke product.

I also bought a 2fer pass for some lady in line with my Cal Poly ID (apparently college IDs in SoCal count in leiu of a driver's license with those zip codes.

My 2 friends from the Bay Area had no problem buying the SoCal APs and were able to use them that day.

I think we might have just been really lucky with a very nice CM, but who knows... =\

Darkbeer
01-22-2004, 04:20 PM
Thank you DisneyNick for giving us the current status of allowing anyone to buy a SoCal AP..... this is very helpful information...

If anyone else who lives out the SoCal Zip code ranges tries to buy a SoCal AP in the future, please post a message that states if they allowed it or not, so we can keep this information current....

THANKS!!!:fez: