PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain open November 5, 2005?

Mickeyslittlehelper
01-18-2004, 08:01 PM
Is there a chance it could be open for July or August? or do you think it might open later than that?

Thanks,
John

zapppop
01-18-2004, 09:42 PM
I think it's possible but I wouldn't make plans to ride it before November 5, 2005. There are 2 other rides being constructed and when they're completed, those staff members could help with the Space Mountain rebuild and possibly get it open sooner.

Al Lutz wrote an update last Tuesday, which mentioned the progress inside Space Mountain.
Here's what he said:

Taken from MiceAge (http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al011304a.htm):

And when will Space Mountain reopen you ask?

The date is still firmly placed in early November, 2005. Many people refused to believe it would take that long when that date was originally released last Spring, but it could very likely take the entire 31 months to complete the project. While the suddenly retro white color on the exterior was a nice surprise, and hastily approved once the roof was inspected and found to be almost worthless after 25 years, there's still plenty of work to do on the inside.

Since the brand new copy of the original track is built with a bulkier 21st century coaster track, the entire ride structure will weigh many tons more than the 1977 original did. There are still months and months of work left on simply preparing the original foundation, digging an additional five feet out for a lower floor, and retrofitting new support structures inside the original dome. And all of that is just in preparation for the actual track installation that is scheduled for late this year.

Things may change, but as of right now, don't get your hopes up.

CoasterMatt
01-19-2004, 04:17 AM
It doesn't matter how much construction staffing they have, if Vekoma can't manufacture the track any faster.

jrad32
01-19-2004, 10:56 AM
Zappop what are the two other rides being constructed? I know about Buzz. What else are you refering to?

jrad32
01-21-2004, 12:47 PM
Wanted to get this back to the top, so Zappop can see it, and answer my question. Prehaps Zap is referring to ToT and not another Tl or even DL ride?:confused:

MrTomMorrow
01-21-2004, 01:10 PM
Maybe he's referring to Tower of Terror over at DCA?

MykeXero
01-21-2004, 02:25 PM
Track will show up in late April to Early May. Not "towards the end of the year"...unless Al knows something i dont...

Right now construction is a bit ahead of scedual but not dramaticly.

Cast Member Testing is now under a year away...around the 1st week of 2005 is when lucky CM`s will start cycling the ride....24 hours a day, every day...for 9,10,11 months...