PDA

View Full Version : Save The Leads!

savetheleads
01-18-2004, 04:16 PM
Hello fellow mousepadders. I am but a humble lurker and Disney cast member here to tell of an injustice being purposed in our wonderful Disneyland Park, to be more specific on Star Tours in Tomorrowland. Recently two of our most respected leads had their lead status revoked. However the story behind this is more detailed. Two cast members wrote outrageous statements against these two leads that caused these injustices. So let it be known, these leads are well liked throughout the attraction, where as these two specific cast members are not so. To be as blunt as possible, these two cast members are apart of what is known as the P.M.S Crew. They are not well liked or received by the majority of the crew on the Star Tours attraction. Most of the time they are working all that is being said is how badly they slack off and don’t care about their job at all. These two female cast members have for quite some time done what they can to control the ride, and I find it frightening that they have had enough power to do this.
My intent of bringing this to the board’s attention is so that it can be known the unfairness that is being allowed behind the scenes at Star Tours. If your are for whatever reason interested in these cast members names, you may contact me via email at Savetheleads@hotmail.com
And I hereby claim that we need to Save The Leads!

MonorailMan
01-18-2004, 07:07 PM
All this and more on tonight's episode of, "How the Droid Turns". ;) :rolleyes:

DrIndianaJones
01-19-2004, 07:50 AM
I wonder if Toursbabe3P0 is one of these people...hmmmm.;)

I hate to say this, but the world isn't fair, and while I can see and sympathize with this plight (I have been in this situtation before), I know that we can do very little to help.

Morrigoon
01-19-2004, 08:04 AM
Have you considered talking to management about this?

Icy Bacon
01-19-2004, 10:19 AM
Morrigoon is right, take it to a higher level, and if that doesn't work, the next level above that. Leads are the most important and most beaten on people in a lot of places- they give the orders from above and take the abuse from below when things don't go over well. Support your leads and help them yourself.

savetheleads
01-19-2004, 01:06 PM
Thus more what I find thoroughly upsetting is the control that a mere cast member can have over a lead. If two cast members, who associate and are known to try different acts to control things through the attraction to their liking, this I find disturbing that they can present so much control over a single attraction. The P.M.S Crew is well defined, most everyone knows who they are, and if you don't you will soon find out when you interact with the less then pleasent females. Over all I am doing what I can as a single individual to bring this to light, as well as supporting the leads. I for one find them all extremely nice leads on the ride and can not fathom why the women of the P.M.S Crew have any reason to complain, other then the need to control the ride.
And Icy Bacon is correct, leads take abuse from above, but taking it from below is wrong, especially when these cast members realize the ways in which the wind blows, and take advantage unfairly of this knowledge.

AVP
01-19-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by savetheleads
women of the P.M.S Crew Moderator's Note:

We would like to encourage our newer members to please read the MousePad Community Policies (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/misc.php?s=&action=faq&page=1#policy), a set of rules you agreed to abide by when you joined MousePad.

Among them,
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this message board to post any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, libelous, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, an invasion of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. This thread is in very real danger of crossing over the fine line into Harassment and Invasion of Privacy. It's one think to say, "I really hate my boss," quite another to say, "I hate my boss, and if you want his name, please e-mail me."

If this discussion can continue without name calling and discussing specific CMs, (whether their names are used or not), then it will remain open. We highly doubt that it can, and we are paying very close attention to this thread.

AVP

savetheleads
01-19-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by AVP

Among them, This thread is in very real danger of crossing over the fine line into Harassment and Invasion of Privacy. It's one think to say, "I really hate my boss," quite another to say, "I hate my boss, and if you want his name, please e-mail me."
[/B]

So let it be known I never said I hated my boss, its quite the opposite I am supporting those figures who work above me, its my fellow cast member that I have resentment towards

adriennek
01-19-2004, 02:03 PM
So let it be known I never said I hated my boss, its quite the opposite I am supporting those figures who work above me, its my fellow cast member that I have resentment towards

It is one thing to say: "I hate the person in the next cubicle over from me" It's another to say "I hate the person in the next cubicle over from me at <insert specific name of company and location here> and if you want to know his name, e-mail me."

The warning is no less valid and remains.

Adrienne

MrVor
01-19-2004, 02:14 PM

I don't know the circumstances behind any of this, but it seems pretty clear that the resentment should be directed at the system just as much as the individual CM's (though if this is true, they should be up to their necks in it right now. :mad: ). It's ridiculous that one or two people can target an individual or group of individuals and use something like sexual harrassment policies (as an example) to remove them from the workplace. Seriously, as much as I hate to say this, a malicious female (especially two or more) can pretty much ruin the life of any member of management (male OR female these days). It comes down to person A vs. person B, and generally the accusor is going to win in some fashion because of shear paranoia by the employer.

I'm not saying this is or isn't what's going on, but the potential for abuse is outrageous.

I'll just end by saying I work this attraction, and I'm pretty sure I know the people involved....and things that I've seen/heard correlate with this pretty well. It would not surprise me one bit if this was entirely true.

Loric
01-19-2004, 02:24 PM
I personally find attractions without leads to be much more pleasent places to work.

No one gets away with being brainless, so to speak. With a lead, the responsability is heaped on one person, without them, everyone else is expected to pull their weight - and if done properly, the system self regulates. I prefer "Coordinators" whose job it is to oversee a small group of attractions, patch problems that arise in the scheduling and otherwise keep the peace - but without looming over an area.

Not saying anyone deserved anything that happened or didn't for that matter - just my opinion on the whole lead system.

Cadaverous Pallor
01-19-2004, 04:08 PM
Ok, so if what you say is true, it's a deplorable situation.

But this seems to be a very personal thing that we can't really sound off about, since we aren't involved, and revealing a whole lot of detailed information would be a very bad idea indeed.

Plus, being that we can't really know the whole story, it's not like we're going to go complain at City Hall or something.

I feel bad for you and those persecuted leads...but if I were you, and I really wanted to create change in the way the company deals with these things, I would go to management (as has already been suggested), perhaps taking along a petition signed by all the outraged CMs that work with you at Tours. Oh, and you might want to lay off the gender issues. Calling them "The PMS crew" is not going to help your case with anyone...especially management. It doesn't matter whether they're women or not.

Tigertail777
01-19-2004, 09:52 PM
you definately need to get a petition and go to the management about this... sheer numbers of support should show them the truth. If they still do not do anything, and I state this as a absolute last resort... go to the local news media. As much as I empathize there really is nothing we can do here about it. Good luck, and keep us posted on whats going on if you can.

marron-cream
01-20-2004, 01:30 PM
Stuff like this happens in every department at DL and there's nothing you can do to change it. TPTB aren't going to give a rat's behind about what you, a guest, think, even if you presented them with a 20,000 signature petition in favor of those leads. It doesn't matter how well liked the persecuted CMs are, or how much the instigators are hated. Going to the managers won't really help-- they're probably well aware of the situation, as they're the ones who have lead status pulled. You can try going farther up the ladder, but I doubt it will do any good. Ops managers usually back their managers, no matter what. They'd blow you off by saying that there are business reasons behind the decision that you and regular CMs wouldn't understand. It sounds like these particular managers didn't care too much for the two ex-leads in the first place. Managers look out for those they like... that's why you see some real buffoons in positions of power.

Nevertheless, I hope things work out for them. :(

Cadaverous Pallor
01-20-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by marron-cream
Nevertheless, I hope things work out for them. :( Wow, it's marron-cream, one of the original MP CMs! It's been a while since I've seen you around. :D

MykeXero
01-21-2004, 08:21 AM
As a tours CM myself, I dont agree with the things going on at Tours, and this post is all im going to say about it, hopefully giving "save the leads" some advice...which is the same thing im doing

Firstly, There is a 3rd lead that got demoted too, you`ll find out very soon.

I reccomend you let the Tours Manager (Name starts with a J) know your feelings. Dont call her and scedual a meeting cuse it will never happen. Walk to the office, corner her in her cubicle and let her know your feelings. Pour your heart out...other CM`s including myself have done it. Maybe if enough come up to her, she may 2nd guess the choice she made....very unlikely outcome though.

She blew smoke up my butt, but thats what management does. I did my bit, and i hate the latest incarnation of TL management... so im leaving...

Yeah, im switching to Fantasyland because all of this... Yes, there is drama over there...but at least the management isnt "old and bitter" and "unexperianced". I need a change....i spent 3 years getting myself viewed upon in a positive light by the leadership team of Tours...only to have them all stripped away in one fell swoop. Now the leads left, save for 2 of them, are uh..how should i say it...unqualified...

Im going to take my talents, to Fantasyland, Its been 10 months and 11 days, since i worked a coaster, maybe Matterhorn is in my future...i hope so.

ToursbabeC3po
01-21-2004, 09:02 AM
No I am not part of the PMS crew lol but this is great and yes I know about one of the leads that got there status taken away but I have not heard of the second....I will find out who it is when I go in today.... I am one of the few people that tell people how it is to there face there that is why I am so liked :-) Rock on savetheleads!!!!!!!!!!

marron-cream
01-21-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
Wow, it's marron-cream, one of the original MP CMs! It's been a while since I've seen you around. :D

Yep! Still lurking after all these years... :~D

Actually I haven't posted because I forgot my password and what email I had registered. :confused:

adriennek
01-21-2004, 10:36 AM
If this discussion can continue without name calling and discussing specific CMs, (whether their names are used or not), then it will remain open.

And it didn't so I'm closing it.

Adrienne