PDA

View Full Version : Best rate for GC?

sashachamp
01-15-2004, 01:15 PM
Hi All,

I'm a new AP holder (yea!), and I got a Super Sunday AP rate at GC next month for $139. I didn't ask for a view, but the cm said he was giving us a DCA view. He sounded very nice. Is this view a good one?

Don't mean to sound cheap, but is this the absolute best rate available? If it helps, we're also AAA members, and we have a Disney Visa.

Also, we can get PP for $59. Is it really worth spending the extra $80 for GC.

Thanks for helping!

Sasha :)

Morrigoon
01-15-2004, 01:34 PM
I think $139 sounds great for GC. PPH is an okay hotel, but it's such an obvious overlay of it's previous incarnation as the plain-wrap Pan-Pacific Hotel. I mean, the goofy pictures on the wall are nice and all, but the honest truth is, it's *just* another hotel. Now, the DLH, that's another story, but it depends on whether you're willing to accept its being an older hotel. I have many fond memories of it, it's still a nice hotel, but it's not luxurious on the scale of the GCH. I do hear, though, that the GCH rooms are smaller. If that's a non-issue, I'd take advantage of the great rate!

Anthony
01-15-2004, 01:45 PM
Having recently stayed at both hotels, I think I have a good idea of which choice may work out for you.

GCH rocks, and the place is amazing. You got a good deal, is that for a certain amount of time, or just next month?

PPH, while often dissed, is a pretty solid hotel. MY GF and I really like all the Disney stuff everywhere, and the service there was outstanding.

GCH was great, but SOOOOO expensive. I think the best way to consider your choice, is this.

If you were going to spend your ENTIRE time on vacation at your hotel, then I would reccomend staying at GCH. I mean the WHOLE time, not going to the park at all. I remember our trip in Oct. and I pretty much was torn between staying in the room and enjoying the stuff I worked so many overtime shifts to afford versus going out and exploring DLR.

Another thing to consider, I think you mentioned your upgrade would cost like $80 daily. The question to ask is, "Is there another way that I could spend $80 a day? Are there cool gifts I want to buy?"

Personally, next time I go to DLR I want to stay at PPH or Disneyland hotel, GCH can wait again for another time.

Good luck!

Ano

eor1222
01-15-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by sashachamp
Hi All,

I'm a new AP holder (yea!), and I got a Super Sunday AP rate at GC next month for $139. I didn't ask for a view, but the cm said he was giving us a DCA view. He sounded very nice. Is this view a good one?

Don't mean to sound cheap, but is this the absolute best rate available? If it helps, we're also AAA members, and we have a Disney Visa.

Also, we can get PP for $59. Is it really worth spending the extra $80 for GC.

Thanks for helping!

Out of curiosity, for which Sunday did they give you the decent rate? My wife and I might be interested in booking (if the right weekend works out).

Thanks!

Morrigoon
01-15-2004, 02:36 PM
PP for $69 isn't bad either, it really isn't. But if I could get a comparable rate at the Marriott I'd rather do that.

sashachamp
01-15-2004, 03:00 PM
Thanks for your responses!

We have the SoCal AP and from what I know, the "Super Sunday AP rates" are effective from early December '03 through early March '04. GCH is $139, DLH is $99 and PPH is $59.

We booked GHC for Sun, Feb 8th. It's DD's 1st b-day and we're giving her a party on Sat, then we thought we'd head down to Disneyland on Sun am and stay through Mon pm. We usually stay at DLH (which we LOVE by the way), but we've been wanting to try GCH. Usually GCH's prices are too high, so we thought we'd take advantage of the special AP rate. It's just so hard to turn down PPH at a $59 rate, though we stayed there once when it was Pan-Pacific and we weren't really impressed.

Now I'm wondering if we should just do our usual and stay at DLH. Oh, the confusion. :confused:

Thanks again,

sediment
01-15-2004, 03:33 PM
For the amount of money you plan to spend at the DLR this year, I don't think a one-time extra $80 is worth the time agonizing over. Treat yourself. No one's asking you to stay there every single time.