PDA

View Full Version : Park Inn and Suites

radrfan
01-15-2004, 11:01 AM
Hi! My wife and I and 2 kids (3 and 5) will be staying at the Park Inn and Suites in February in a 1 bedroom suite. I was hoping some of you might be able to give me some feedback on this hotel. Thanks a lot!

Sheila
01-15-2004, 11:19 AM
Just to to make sure, is this for:

- the Parkside Inn & Suites on West Street
- the Park Inn at 1520 S. Harbor, or
- the Park Vue Inn at 1570 S. Harbor
- the Best Western Park Place Inn at 1544 S. Harbor

Man, there sure are a lot of hotels starting with the word "Park", aren't there. Totally confusing.

Anyhow, if it's the BW Park Place Inn at 1544 S. Harbor, a lot of folks really like this place. Haven't stayed there myself, but it gets consistently good feedback in terms of location to DLR. Here's the link to its reviews:

BW Park Place Inn (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrbestwesternparkplaceinn)

There aren't as many reviews for the other "Park" motels in the area....

Sheila

radrfan
01-15-2004, 11:23 AM
It is the Park Inn at 1520 South Harbor that I am talking about. Sorry about missing the clarity on the original post.

termoo
01-15-2004, 02:58 PM
Although I haven't stayed there, I've seriously considered it a number of times. A friend who stayed there said it was "okay." I've found that a great website for hotel reviews by "civilians" who've stayed there is tripadvisor.com. I believe there were several reviews there for Park Inn. This website (mouseplanet.com) has great reviews, too.

The location is great! It's right across the street, three hotels or so down from the crosswalk to the main entrance, and there's a McDonald's on one side and a Mimi's Cafe on the other, I believe. You can easily walk to the front gate of the parks in about 5 minutes.

teri
01-15-2004, 03:05 PM
I has been 3 years since I stayed there. the rooms were clean enough but dated and dark. We had the 1 BR suite, and it had a nice kitchenette area as I recall. Front Desk service was impersonal and not very respectful, but those things tend to change over time. It was a 2* room with 1* service. Now that I am used to Priceline, I would not pay the standard rates for a 2* when staying offsite, I would just go for a 3* on Priceline. They all have shuttles.

Wfoxx
01-15-2004, 07:41 PM
We stayed there this past June. We enjoyed it. the girls liked swimming in the pool on the 4th floor and watching the fireworks. The continental breakfast was just sweet rolls and juice and milk and coffee. The rooms were comfortable enough and being able to walk to the parks was great.

BJW
01-17-2004, 12:49 AM
Just to add my two cents, this is an excellent hotel. Whenever I can't get a room on the Disney property and I'm in town this is my second choice. It looks like a Scottish castle on the outside and has excellent rooms. They have always been clean. Also, you have an excellent view of Disneyland park from the walkways outside the rooms and can usually view the fireworks pretty well from your window. Room service uses a restaurant next to the hotel called Millies or Mimis or something like that. It's great food! An Italian restaurant called Marri's comes to the hotel with a limo to pick up people as long as 4 or more want to go. Last year I was able to get a room for $75 per night for 2 people, not sure what the rate is now, but I highly recommend it. Also, DTD and the two parks are in easy walking distance.