PDA

View Full Version : LuminAria Official.

disneyhead
10-02-2001, 04:41 PM
I just got this off of Disneyland.com:

Disney's LuminAria
A spectacular new show, Disney's LuminAria, invites you to "see the holidays in a whole new light." Featuring innovative pyrotechnic effects set to a stirring soundtrack, Disney's LuminAria also gives you a chance to be part of the show. Kids and their families can make a holiday card at one of the card-making stations located in the Park, or you can download the card form at disneyland.com (coming soon) and bring your finished card with you when you visit. For each performance, several cards will be chosen to be included in the show. In addition, you'll be able to write down your holiday wishes or remembrances to be placed in individual luminary bags to be shared with the world during the show's finale. Disney's LuminAria is only part of the holiday happenings you'll discover at Disney's California Adventure™ park this season

And here is the official press release:

This holiday season at DISNEY’S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE, Disney’s LuminAria – a spectacular celebration of dazzling lights, low level pyrotechnics and favorite holiday music performed on the waters of Paradise Pier Lagoon – will debut November 9, 2001 and run through January 6, 2002.

Disney’s LuminAria begins as all the lights within DISNEY’S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE dim and a swirling pyrotechnic-flame ignites the surface of Paradise Pier Lagoon. As the flame rises into the air, the narrator, which is the voice of “LuminAria” is heard to offer a message of peace for the holidays.

The show then follows with a dazzling display of fireworks appearing to dance to such musical standards as “White Christmas,” “Sleigh Ride,” “Valse de Fleurs,” and numerous others. Giant screens on the water will display hundreds of holiday cards hand crafted by park guests earlier in the day, and a giant 60-foot tree filled with candles will appear to rise from within the lagoon.

“We wanted to create a truly memorable experience for our first holiday season for our guests in DISNEY’S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE,” says DISNEYLAND Resort president Cynthia Harriss. “Disney’s LuminAria will not only be a treat for the eyes, but will offer a warm holiday message of sharing with one another.”

A craft location will be set up in the Bay Area district in DISNEY’S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE that will enable guests to create holiday cards with a message or drawing, and then each night, hundreds of the cards will be featured in the show.

The holiday season is a time of reflection, joy and generosity and we wanted to capture those feelings in Disney’s LuminAria. That is why the show is filled with lights that float, sparkle and burst into the air,” says Steve Davison, creative director.

DISNEY’S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE, opened in February 2001, is located next door to DISNEYLAND® park in Anaheim, California. DISNEY’S CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE immerses guests into the fun and excitement of the Golden State in three distinct lands: Hollywood Pictures Backlot, Paradise Pier and the Golden State.

For further information, call DISNEYLAND Resort Guest Relations at (714) 781-4565 or visit the DISNEYLAND Resort Web site at www.disneyland.com.

mrfantasmic
10-02-2001, 06:36 PM
Cool! I can't wait to possibly see this!
I hope they consider a Summer Show.

Nigel2
10-03-2001, 01:41 PM
Yeah, they were announcing it at the Disneyana Convention, they had this booth with artwork from NBC HM, and Luminaria. I wonder what they are going to do with the wishes and cards when they are done? Burn them, toss them? Who knows?:confused:

Napsto
10-04-2001, 04:54 PM
doubt it willl be as good as the mansion.

Nigel2
10-04-2001, 09:31 PM
That is like comparing Apples and.... Canadians.

MickeyD
10-04-2001, 10:35 PM
I don't know, I've always thought of apples and Canadians as very similar. :p