PDA

View Full Version : Realistic attendance figures

cactusgirl
01-15-2004, 07:43 AM
Hello,
Our family used to go to DL every year (1983-1996) for the first week of Feb. Now, I am planning to surprise my hibby with a visit Feb 7-11 because I thought there would be no lines. It appears, from reading some of the comments posted, that this is not the case anymore. So, I am asking for some expert opinions. How busy will it be? Realisitically, how long will we have to wait in lines. Do we really need reservations for BB, Goofy's Kitchen and C&D's breakfast?

Thank you so much.

cstephens
01-15-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by cactusgirl
Hello,
Our family used to go to DL every year (1983-1996) for the first week of Feb. Now, I am planning to surprise my hibby with a visit Feb 7-11 because I thought there would be no lines. It appears, from reading some of the comments posted, that this is not the case anymore. So, I am asking for some expert opinions. How busy will it be? Realisitically, how long will we have to wait in lines. Do we really need reservations for BB, Goofy's Kitchen and C&D's breakfast?

Thank you so much.

Since that time is technically during off-season, the lines shouldn't be that bad, relatively speaking. I think you're actually picking a good time because it's a week before the Presidents' Day weekend, which should be very busy.

As for reservations for the restaurants you mentioned, I would definitely say make reservations. Blue Bayou and Goofy's Kitchen recently changed over to "reservations only", more or less, so if you want to eat there, you'll need a reservation. I don't believe Chip and Dale's breakfast is reservations only, but it's usually quite crowded, so reservations are a good idea in any case.

Have fun!

Cadaverous Pallor
01-15-2004, 10:36 AM
Don't be discouraged! :) We may complain about it being "busy" but the real answer is that this is the quietest time of year at the resort, hands down. So if you want to avoid crowds, you're doing the right thing.

MrVor
01-15-2004, 12:53 PM
Most of the rides that are down (or set to go down soon) should be back up and running by early Feb, so all things considered, that's a pretty good time to go.

Just be aware that you're going to have limited park hours to work with (which isn't such a big deal on weekends) and their will be no fireworks.

Gr8Scott
01-15-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by MrVor
Most of the rides that are down (or set to go down soon) should be back up and running by early Feb, so all things considered, that's a pretty good time to go.

Just be aware that you're going to have limited park hours to work with (which isn't such a big deal on weekends) and their will be no fireworks.

Will there be no fireworks durring the entire month of February? Even on weekends? I am taking my family to DL From February 20 to March 1.
No Indy, Space Mountain, BTMRR, maybe Mark Twain Riverboat. My favorite attractions keep dropping off like flies.

MrVor
01-15-2004, 02:46 PM
As far as I recall, fireworks won't be back until summer season, or MAYBE spring break...honestly can't recall, but I highly doubt they'll be back before mid-march.