PDA

View Full Version : Single Rider lines

Pages : [1] 2

mountainrange
01-14-2004, 08:47 PM
Can someone tell me what rides in both parks have single rider lines. And while we are at it, can someone explain the point of it and maybe some tricks of the trade:~D

DisneyFan25863
01-14-2004, 08:57 PM
Single rider is ment for people at the parks alone. When a ride is filled, you sometimes notice that one or two seats are empty. The single riders fill these seats to increase capacity. The following rides offer Single Rider Lines:

Space Mountian
Big Thunder Mountian
Splash Mountian
Indiana Jones
Sorin' over California
California Screaming
Grizzly River Run
Muholland Maddness

There may be more, but I can't think of them.

CoasterMatt
01-14-2004, 09:09 PM
Since when have Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, California Screamin' and Mulholland Madness had single rider lines?

HBTiggerFan
01-14-2004, 09:10 PM
You can use Single Rider passes when you are larger than a party of 2. Each person will get a single rider pass and there is no guarentee that you will ride in the same car, let alone together. Also you don't get to pick where you sit on the attraction.

So if you use Single Rider be prepared to sit where they tell you. Also, if you use it and are with a friend be prepared to not ride with them.

DF, I don't seem them offering SR on BTRR or Space, that'd be like offering it on HM. :eek:

CoasterMatt
01-15-2004, 05:35 AM
Actually, at the moment, Space and BTMRR have zero rider lines. ;)

Darkbeer
01-15-2004, 05:54 AM
Here are the ACTUAL Single Rider rides

Disneyland

Indiana Jones
Splash Mountain

DCA

Soarin' over California (But I recommend using FastPass instead of Single Rider on this ride, because SR can be a LONG wait)
Grizzly River Run (only offered during busy times)
Mulholland Madness
Maliboomer

danyoung
01-15-2004, 05:57 AM
Single rider is the only way to go, unless you just HAVE to keep holding hands with your sweetie while riding. As mentioned, you also don't get a choice of seat. The only attraction I can think of where this would really matter is Soarin'. It's really so much better to ride in the front/highest row towards the center. As a single rider, you usually get the back or middle, and way off to the side. It's still not a bad seat, and not having to wait and hour or more for a ride is a big plus.

Enjoy!

ComfyCody
01-15-2004, 03:34 PM
Single rider is also an option for parents who need to baby swap. There is a ton of info about the baby swap in other places on the board - but keep in mind that if you are a family of 2 adults and 1 or more children, the single rider option is a great way to squeeze the adult rides in! :D

DisneyFan25863
01-15-2004, 03:37 PM
My Mistake, I was mixing up Fastpass and Single Rider with BTMRR, Cali Scream, and Space Mountian. :rolleyes: :fez:

Pedro2NR
05-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Doesn ToT have a single rider pass?

HBTiggerFan
05-11-2004, 02:21 PM
No, ToT does not have a Single Rider line.

Pedro2NR
05-11-2004, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the quick reply. :)

Disneyfreak
05-11-2004, 03:48 PM
They should offer single rider for tot considering how the seating configuration is.

Freerider127
05-11-2004, 06:02 PM
On saturday I heard from some people that rode Tower that they had single riders but you have to wait till you kind of get near the elevators and then they were calling for single riders, I think they will have a single rider line because it would make no sene not to.

Bruce Bergman
05-11-2004, 07:38 PM
They should offer single rider for tot considering how the seating configuration is.

Like Freerider said, when I was there they would call for single riders after you had gone through the library and were lined up in the boiler room. You could cut 10 to 15 minutes off your wait by speaking up when they call, there isn't room in there for more queued people.

Give them a while to figure out how many single riders they need an hour (without letting through too many and clogging the boiler room) and the best way to do it, and they'll probably set up a Single Rider Pass system - probably by sending you through the Fastpass Entrance to the bell desk and the next library group, and straight up to the loading area after that...

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--

Pedro2NR
05-27-2004, 08:20 PM
Just came back from DRL(5-27-04) and I went over to Scream'n and they told me that they no longer had singler rider for this attraction. I had to wait in the line :) . Then went over to Indy near an hour to closing and they no longer handed out single rider pass. They stand by wait was an hour.

Opus1guy
05-27-2004, 11:02 PM
Single rider is ment for people at the parks alone.

I thought it meant you couldn't be married and use it.

:)

HoRiZoNs
05-28-2004, 07:17 AM
When I was in DCA, I went in the Single Riders line on Soarin' and they put me in the front row directly in the middle of the screen. I felt special =)

danyoung
05-28-2004, 07:44 AM
It's kind of a crap shoot. I don't think I've ever gone thru the regular line - I'm always a lonely single rider. My first time ever was in the front row center - INCREDIBLE! Since then I've been all over the theater, usually at the outside edge of the middle or back rows. While the illusion is better in the front row (how can I feel like I'm hang gliding with rows of sneakers just above my head?), there truly is not a bad seat in the house. That's probably the only time where that cliche is actually true!

pisces
05-28-2004, 12:44 PM
And so, does a fastpast for Soarin' absolutely guarantee a front row seat?

Which is preferable for Splash Mountain?, Single Rider, or Fastpass?

LSPoorEeyorick
05-28-2004, 01:56 PM
And so, does a fastpast for Soarin' absolutely guarantee a front row seat?

No. But if you ask and are willing to wait for a cycle, they generally would respond to your request.

SINGLE RIDER! Unless you are gung-ho about riding with someone in your party. Or unless there's a half-hour line of single riders, which is mostly rare. Then go for FP, if you can.

Pedro2NR
05-30-2004, 11:08 AM
Most of the time I go in single rider which is faster than fast pass. One can't ask where to be placed. One is always placed in the back.

Niwel
05-30-2004, 12:08 PM
pisces wrote: and so, does a fastpast for Soarin' absolutely guarantee a front row seat?

nope, but it does increase your odds :)

TravisL
06-10-2004, 10:30 PM
Three of us used the single-rider line on GRR last weekend during a 45 minute line wait, and the speed with which we got through it was amazing. We must've ridden it 6 times in 90 minutes. We obviously didn't get to ride together, but we'd wave at each other as we were going up the ramp, or circling around towards the top of the final drop.

I wasn't aware that Splash Mountain had a single rider line. That's good to know for my next trip.

(The Maliboomer didn't need a single rider line, because during the five days we were there, we never saw a line there, and it was almost always being run with empty seats. Love those vomit shields :eek:

Pedro2NR
06-11-2004, 11:44 AM
I thought the shields were there to lower the noise level.