PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Going In April?

BryanPeek
01-12-2004, 04:18 PM
My family and I are. (Step dad, Mom, two sisters, 7 & 9, and me, 17.)

We are going for Spring Break and I was wondering, will anyone else be there, along with, do they do anything special in April, like, what kind of parade do they have and stuff like that.

For the past two times ( 2002 &2003) I've only gone in December and I can't wait to be one the regular Haunted Mansion which I haven't been on in 7 years.

One more thing, when are the local's spring break? Mine is the 12 to the 16...

sediment
01-12-2004, 04:58 PM
I think you'll have the place to yourselves!
12-16 is about right these days for break. Down here, there are a lot of "year-round" students, so I don't know how Easter is scheduled for them.
I see that 4/2 - 4/17 are blocked out for SoCal AP's, but the Deluxe APs only have the Saturdays blocked.
May not be as busy as one might think. Certainly nothing like Christmas or 4-July.

BryanPeek
01-12-2004, 05:09 PM
Right on! That is sweet...I was kinda worried about big crowds...Well...Sorta..We are going to drive from Washington. We'd only have like four or five days, but that's plenty i hope.

experiment626
01-12-2004, 05:38 PM
I'd count on it being croweded. From what I have learned on this and other boards. Some schools will have that week off, while other the week before Easter off. I wouldn't count on anything special, we have been the past couple of years and other then the longer park hours, nothing "special" was going on.

Have fun. We will be there during that time again this year, splitting time between Anheim and the Grand Canyon.

BryanPeek
01-12-2004, 05:55 PM
Will it still be the Parade of Stars? Or a different Parade??

experiment626
01-12-2004, 05:59 PM
It will be the Parade of Stars, I am sure. No new parade is expected until the 50th. There is no special Easter Parade.

wendybeth
01-12-2004, 06:11 PM
We're going the 5th through the 11th:) . We've only gone in July and August, so it will be different having milder weather and (maybe) less crowds. We drove from Spokane, Wa in July 2002- it was fine, but I think we are going to fly this time. We were thinking of taking a train, but the hours are awful and it costs nearly $1000 to add on a sleeper for one night.

adriennek
01-12-2004, 06:23 PM
Spring Breaks are impossible to peg down anymore to one or even two weeks. Several school districts no longer base Spring Break on the Easter holiday. Many local universities base Spring Break on their quarter/trimester system, based on trimester length, again, not the Easter holiday.

As others have mentioned, many schools in the DL area are on Year-Round School schedules. I can think of several time periods when many students at year-round schools would be off at the same time (the very end of June, the two weeks of Christmas and New Years, and several federal holidays,) I can't think of any dates when every student is in school on the same day/at the same time.

Edited to add: but, yes, I think it will be a crowded time!

Adrienne