PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours and Buzz Lightyear

indiejones
03-08-2017, 11:16 AM
Don't know if this was mentioned but I went to get fastpasses for both Star Tours and Buzz today and you can no longer obtain them together as of a week ago. Asked a cast member why this was and she didn't give me an explanation.

cstephens
03-08-2017, 12:23 PM
Don't know if this was mentioned but I went to get fastpasses for both Star Tours and Buzz today and you can no longer obtain them together as of a week ago. Asked a cast member why this was and she didn't give me an explanation.

Do you mean that one of them was previously not tracked, and now both are? You can't generally have two Fastpasses at the same time, unless one has a return time longer than 2 hours. I know that sometimes, some attractions are regarded as "freestanding" in that they don't count as part of the return-time-or-2-hour-window restriction.

olegc
03-08-2017, 01:07 PM
There were times in the last few months where you could get another FP if u had a Buzz one - but is was a temporary thing (promoted like a bonus offer).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

bumblebeeonarose
03-08-2017, 01:36 PM
They reopened the Buzz FP about two years ago when they closed the Autopia FP machines. The Star Wars FP machines and the Buzz FP machines are in the same place and some believe the Buzz machines were disconnected to alleviate frustration if people accidentally pulled Buzz instead of SW. I do not know if that is the reason, but last week they apparently turned the Buzz FP machines to face outward so it is more obvious that they are not Star Wars and they reconnected them. Now you have to choose a Buzz FP or something else. There are no ride FP disconnected at the current time.

cstephens
03-08-2017, 05:02 PM
They reopened the Buzz FP about two years ago when they closed the Autopia FP machines. The Star Wars FP machines and the Buzz FP machines are in the same place and some believe the Buzz machines were disconnected to alleviate frustration if people accidentally pulled Buzz instead of SW. I do not know if that is the reason, but last week they apparently turned the Buzz FP machines to face outward so it is more obvious that they are not Star Wars and they reconnected them. Now you have to choose a Buzz FP or something else. There are no ride FP disconnected at the current time.

Ahhh, that makes sense. Thanks. I did notice on Sunday that they were offering Star Tours and Buzz Fastpasses from the same location but didn't really look at the machines.

sjhanksaz
03-11-2017, 06:47 AM
It was nice while it lasted

candles71
03-11-2017, 07:27 AM
I thought that I had read it went back on the grid when they started the premium FP service. It has a name but I can't recall what it is.
Or at least when it was announced.

mousemom
03-12-2017, 06:41 PM
Bummer!! Thanks for the update though!

binki
03-13-2017, 03:46 AM
It went on the network within the last few weeks. It was off a few weeks ago when we went and was on Friday. They also can link a virtual FP to your ticket or AP

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CariBelle
03-22-2017, 08:08 AM
Ahhh, that makes sense. Thanks. I did notice on Sunday that they were offering Star Tours and Buzz Fastpasses from the same location but didn't really look at the machines.

The side facing the building gives out Buzz and the side facing the walkway is Star Tours, the lineup was a bit confusing lol